This ELBOW Stuff needs to get resolved

Look at th back of Liddells head, if it hits his mohawk its a foul more or less. People jump the gun on the back of the head thing I reckon, hitting a moving target means punches or elbows will unintentionally stray but thats the nature of combat sports and I would be shocked if most refs didnt pet the odd one in a flurry of clean shots slip.

For anyone confused about 12-6 or 12o'clock down to 6o'clock to those looking at a clock and are still puzzled... someone called them ceiling to floor, or what about 'vertical downward elbows'??? Shocked at the confusion, even Slightly changing the angle as ive seen done say 1pm to 7pm is all good and Brownes shots were even more Horisontal than that

You cannot generate more/less force with a 12-6 opposed to any other elbow. Its a dumb rule, and apparently there is a large percentage of people that don't understand wtf a 12-6 elbow is. Ditch the rule. Do it. Do it.

Gravity will always aid a strike w/ everything else even. Physiologically, imo, a tight, close to the body elbow thrown w/ the aid of gravity is the most damaging elbow that can be thrown.

Gravity will always aid a strike w/ everything else even. Physiologically, imo, a tight, close to the body elbow thrown w/ the aid of gravity is the most damaging elbow that can be thrown.

The People's Elbow was among the most devastating finishing moves

A white belt that doesn't know what he's talking about? I'm not surprised.

Nothing to see here, people. Move along.

Maybe if you do Jones style, with hip and shoulder and jumping into it, like a stomp or something (although if you change the angle a bit there is not really much difference). The standing up-down elbows using mostly the lat? Nah.

Let it go.. He lost.. The elbows were legal. Just like the last time and the time before that. Look at a clock.. Where 12-6 is located as opposed to say 3-9

Just have to have a decent ref in there or you'll end up like Gonzaga.

Some athletic commissions have no power to overturn a decision for illegal strikes, so appealing is useless (as in the case of Gonzaga/Browne).

Good that there is gonna be a proper meeting about this

Have no idea what you're talking about.

A gravity accelerated downward dropping 12 to 6 elbow, observe
tumblr_mwqvm7YueW1rofoqgo1_400.gif

Fighters will only be warned for throwing ceiling to floor elbows. Elbows like Browned landed on Barnett, elbows like Feijao landed on King Mo, and elbows like Anderson landed on Lutter will not be deemed illegal by the refs in cage. You guys are just going to have to deal with it.

I can't believe so many of you idiots don't understand what 12-6 means. If you're on your back, u can't throw 12-6 elbows.

the rule when first introduced meant no straight line elbows into your body.

apparently its no longer that ruling as lucifer alpha posted in a john mcarthy video explaining the rules as apparently he made them.

if you own a clock its very clear what 12-6 is brownes elbows were 9-3 be able to tell time and the rule is easy

Ok...yeah...cool...I guess
My WWE IQ is pretty low...thank god.

If professional wrestling is good enough for the likes Saku and Barnett, then it is definitely good enough for us, sir.

I can't believe so many of you idiots don't understand what 12-6 means. If you're on your back, u can't throw 12-6 elbows.

The MOTION is the same. It is the same strike thrown from another position.

If the 12-6 cannot just ban a 100% 12-6 elbow because there will be variation in the actual angle of the elbow.

If professional wrestling is good enough for the likes Saku and Barnett, then it is definitely good enough for us, sir.

To be fair, what Barnett and Saku did were catch bouts, and not the same as WWE a majority of the time.

Back