This ELBOW Stuff needs to get resolved

From the homicidal bitchin' that goes down in every kitchen to determine who will serve and who will eat...

It will never be resolved....

Just make everything legal and tell the fighters to protect themselves, problem fucking solved.

It's a damn fight, and there is a risk of getting hurt. Everyone knows it, and there is no fucking way you are going to enforce enough rules to eliminate that risk.

Outlawing a technique is effectively telling fighters that they don't have to protect themselves from said techniques. That's what's causing them to be a problem.

757800865.gif

I have no idea how these could possibly be legal. The rule makes no sense. If that's legal, then everything should be legal 12-6 or not.

Those are way too dangerous.

757800865.gif

I have no idea how these could possibly be legal. The rule makes no sense. If that's legal, then everything should be legal 12-6 or not.

They're legal because they don't fall outside the rules. What evidence do you have that they are "too dangerous" other than your opinion?

For the record, I'm ok w/ them being legal or not.

They're legal because they don't fall outside the rules. What evidence do you have that they are "too dangerous" other than your opinion?

the last two were for sure to the back of the head. yet thats due to the ref not stopping it fast enough.

I wish all elbows were just legal, period.

more than half hit the back of the head for starters

757800865.gif

agree, i sure i am not blind, and those seems to me 12-6 elbows AND to the back of the head.

that is a scary technique also, there is a reason why is proibited to hit the back of the head, because it is where the brainstem is located, and a swelling to that area can put you in a coma.

i agree that the 12-6 rule is a joke, but the "don't hit the back of the head" rule is serious stuff.
sometimes fighters get punished like Sakara against Cote, sometimes not, like Browne and Belfort.
that is also unfair, or punish everybody, or no one.

Idiots need to stop calling every elbow that goes downward a "12-6 elbow" and making a thread about it falsely claiming a fighter should be disqualified

there...problem resolved

Need to watch the Brunson fight, ended up changing the channel in the 3rd

retards still not understanding the 12 - 6 rule, it's a silly rule but there is NOTHING unclear or hard to understand about it

The 12 to 6 elbow issue combined with the new trend of elbowing like a mofo when your opponent is trying to take you down is gonna get someone killed in the octagon, seriously

Elbows need to be eliminated, period!

The 12 to 6 elbow issue combined with the new trend of elbowing like a mofo when your opponent is trying to take you down is gonna get someone killed in the octagon, seriously

Just what we need... more rules in favor of wrestlers.
If this kind of elbows resolve the cagefucking then I

Hand in the sky, elbow towards ground, going down in a vertical line = illegal.
Use an arc = legal
Strikes to back of the head = never legal.

Gonzaga fight is debatable because of where they hit.

I mean you're allowing people to use the same motion when they're on their back, so why not let them use that exact motion when standing (12 to 6). See Silva vs Lutter for an example of 12 to 6 elbows from the back which are legal, but if the same position was standing would be illegal. Weird, pointless rule.
You can put a lot more weight behind the elbow from a standing position compared to if you are on your back throwing the elbow.

The rule is horribly stated, misunderstood, inconsistently enforced, and extremely dangerous (as sometimes interpreted).

Desperately needs immediate changing and clarification.

Back