This ELBOW Stuff needs to get resolved

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The 12 to 6 elbow issue combined with the new trend of elbowing like a mofo when your opponent is trying to take you down is gonna get someone killed in the octagon, seriously

Don't throw 12-6 elbows to the back of the head.

There, it's resolved.

The 12 to 6 elbow issue combined with the new trend of elbowing like a mofo when your opponent is trying to take you down is gonna get someone killed in the octagon, seriously

Your post was gold until your reasoning was because "someone will get killed"

They should make the rule clear becuase I'm confused as hell on what "ceiling to floor means" since Travis Browne's shots definitely use the same gravity Jone Jone's elbows do. I'm okay with such elbows, lets just make the rule f'n clear. None of this confusing horsesh#it on "it's kinda legal, but no from this time to this time. It's gotta be tree fiddy. etc.. etc..."

That word in the thread title needs to get resolved. Asap

Also, ^^^^

to be fair, dutra got disqualified because he hit the back of the head, not because the elbows were 12-6

kang/shimizu on the other hand...

Browne's elbows in general are clearly not 12-6 or the back of the head. You can tell he is very careful where he places his arm and how he moves it. It's much more technical than the sort of spur of the moment elbows we saw tonight from fighters pressed against the cage.

They should make the rule clear becuase I'm confused as hell on what "ceiling to floor means" since Travis Browne's shots definitely use the same gravity Jone Jone's elbows do. I'm okay with such elbows, lets just make the rule f'n clear. None of this confusing horsesh#it on "it's kinda legal, but no from this time to this time. It's gotta be tree fiddy. etc.. etc..."

I agree with you. This whole "12 to 6" nonsense doesn't make much sense at all and should be allowed, but obviously keep the ban on back of the head. I mean you're allowing people to use the same motion when they're on their back, so why not let them use that exact motion when standing (12 to 6). See Silva vs Lutter for an example of 12 to 6 elbows from the back which are legal, but if the same position was standing would be illegal. Weird, pointless rule.

Browne's elbows in general are clearly not 12-6 or the back of the head. You can tell he is very careful where he places his arm and how he moves it. It's much more technical than the sort of spur of the moment elbows we saw tonight from fighters pressed against the cage.

Watch his fight vs Gonzaga before praising him for his technical and "very carefully placed" elbows.

The 12-to-6 elbows are only really dangerous from top position because if the point of the elbow lands in an eye after one of those elbows then your opponent is (excuse my French)
absolutely fucked.

How about every single type of elbow is allowed, just not to the damn brainstem and neck.

My problem with the logic of the 12-6 vs Browne (and remember I'm okay with 12-6 being legal as well) is that the justification for the 12-6 being illegal is due to the force of the strikes being to great thanks to gravity. But that gravity-added force is actually heightened in the momentum swing that Brown creates with starting 12-6 and then allowing the hing to swing inward. So the entire logic of the 12-6 being illegal would render his own elbows massively dangerous and illegal.

But again, I'm okay with just making 12-6 legal because the governing body that came up with these rules was highly uninformed.

Watch his fight vs Gonzaga before praising him for his technical and "very carefully placed" elbows.

Saw the fight, the first few were okay but the last 1 or 2 were definitely close, if not fully, illegal. However, I thought Gonzaga was already out before the illegal shots.

It should all be legal as long as it ain't the back of the head. Stupid rules

They are very carefully placed elbows.

757800865.gif

Look at how far his elbow is out at the start and the way he swings it in, completely avoiding anything like a 12-6 motion and landing by the ear. The last couple shots do get away from him as Gonzaga falls but they are an aberration. Regardless, the blows that actually dropped Gonzaga and finished the fight were completely legal.

In every other case his elbows are unusually precise.

It's not that difficult. 12 to 6 follow the same path as gravity. Hold a coin up, drop it. It will follow a path that is 12 to 6.

Browne's elbows did NOT follow that path, Jones' did.

Whether it's a good rule or not is another matter.

Back