There’s a huge advantages dc got over stipe which may help him win the fight

So the Serra loss which is the biggest upset in MMA history is not an embarrassing loss? Gtfo

Anybody can have a bad fight and Stipe would win 9 times out of 10 in a re-match.

Saying Cormier will beat Stipe because Stipe lost to Struve is retarded.

At least use an argument that makes sense, like you think Cormier is going to win because he has better wrestling or something.

I didn't say that DC was going to win, I said he COULD win if terrible struve did lol.

People are always underestimating Stipe, yet these are his last 6 fights..

Mark Hunt (TKO)
Andrei Arlovski (TKO)
Fabricio Werdum (KO)
Alistair Overeem (KO)
Junior Dos Santos (KO)
Francis NGannou (UD)

Say what you want about these guys being passed their primes, they are all legit fighters.

Cormier is a beast, but the fact that he's approching 40, hasn't had a fight at HW in 5 years and is going against the best HW in Miocic, I just can't see it happening.

All the guys underestimating Stipe are going to eat their words after this fight.

As much as I like Cormier, Stipe is going to be too much for him to handle.
As a huge DC fan, this is my read too.

Hope I am wrong wrong wrong but Stipe is looking sharp and DC hasn't been upstairs in five years.

I don't actually like this fight but whatever .... WME time I guess

vwcVpk9.gif
Nau5Dak.gif
PinkFastAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif
Can post gifs of goofy moments, but not of HW losses.

Big DC fan but Stipe is pretty clearly the worst style matchup for him in all of MMA.

War DC nonetheless, steel balls to try this.

As a huge DC fan, this is my read too.

Hope I am wrong wrong wrong but Stipe is looking sharp and DC hasn't been upstairs in five years.

I don't actually like this fight but whatever .... WME time I guess
I like both guys, but I really think this is a bad match-up for DC.

I just can't imagine him throwing Stipe around or pressuring him the same way he did with some of his previous opponents.

Stipe isn't the type of guy to gas. I think Cormier's cardio is going to be worst, especially with the size difference.

You don't like this fight? Damn, I can't wait. Both are very nice guys, i'll be happy with whoever wins.

I like both guys, but I really think this is a bad match-up for DC.

I just can't imagine him throwing Stipe around or pressuring him the same way he did with some of his previous opponents.

Stipe isn't the type of guy to gas. I think Cormier's cardio is going to be worst, especially with the size difference.

You don't like this fight? Damn, I can't wait. Both are very nice guys, i'll be happy with whoever wins.

This is the first athletic heavyweight DC would have ever faced. His entire HW resume are F-level athletes at best.

Not only is Stipe's size going to be an issue (DC is like 5'11 tops, Stipe is a solid 6'4), but his athleticism and speed. Couple that with quality wrestling and very dangerous hands, DC is in for a beating.

DC is almost 40, having been draining himself getting down to 205, I doubt he'll be gaining mostly quality weight to come back up.

Dc went toe to toe with the great on 2x. He lost but he held is own and jones is the best ever. Better than anything stoopie has faced

Saying Cormier will beat Stipe because Stipe lost to Struve is retarded.

At least use an argument that makes sense, like you think Cormier is going to win because he has better wrestling or something.

Remember you're talking to kenetics. The Struve fight is his go-to argument in any thread concerning Stipe; I'm not sure he's actually capable of another argument.

So Pumped!!! Now this is a Super-Fight... Cormier was awesome at Heavyweight... Now time to see him against the guy many posters are already calling the GOAT.
Stipe is the GOAT ufc hw (poor cain, probably superior in all metrics but destroyed by injury) but not even close to GOAT hw. Unfortunately PRIDE had a hw roster years beyond the ufc ever has.

ya it is. stipe can't do anything to DC that Jon Jones or Gus or Rumble haven't tried

except he can do the things Jon Jones, Gus, and Rumble have done but MUCH HARDER.

if Stipe lands an overhand right like Rumble did on DC, good chance it's over.

if Stipe lands a knee like Gus did on DC, good chance it's over.

if Stipe lands a left high kick like Jon did on DC, good chance it's over.

that's the reality.

Remember you're talking to kenetics. The Struve fight is his go-to argument in any thread concerning Stipe; I'm not sure he's actually capable of another argument.
Thanks for the heads up.

ya it is. stipe can't do anything to DC that Jon Jones or Gus or Rumble haven't tried

He does everything better and hits way harder. Think about when Glover put a dirty beating on Maldono and couldn’t finish. Then stipe fights him and finishes him In 30 seconds.

Dc is getting smashed badly

That's Sherdog's habit.

Stipe hasn't defended enough to be called GOAT yet. If he beats Cormier, especially convincingly, that will be a big feather in his cap.

I'll be rooting for DC though. Love the guy, and love how he's been able to overcome huge reach and size disadvantages and impose his will on opponents. DC's speed against HWs is definitely one of his strengths.

he hasn't defended enough yet?

but why was everyone calling Cain GOAT then?

Stipe defended the title more than any other UFC HW champion, EVER.

how many times does he have to keep doing things NO OTHER UFC HW HAS DONE, before he gets recognition? he's the best UFC HW champion there ever was.

(poor cain, probably superior in all metrics but destroyed by injury)
Lmaooooooo what the fuck are people watching? Cain got badly, badly outstruck by Werdum.

Even in the first round, which people love to say Cain won, he took a TON of damage and only won with takedowns that he was too scared to capitalize on. Cain could've won that fight if he didn't continue to fight a losing battle, he simply was not as good as fabricio standing up

Back