There’s a huge advantages dc got over stipe which may help him win the fight

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That huge advantage is speed.dc got a huge speed advantage over stipe,and speed kills.if dc want to beat stipe then I think he need to be the one thats backing up stipe,he need to get in range then he need to explode unexpectedly on stipe like he did to bigfootsilva In order to catch stipe.the most important thing dc not to do is throw wild looping punches because stipe is really good at countering it.and definitely not backing up(obvious).

Last edited:
dc is a better fighter who has faced better fighters than stipe. that will help him

So Pumped!!! Now this is a Super-Fight... Cormier was awesome at Heavyweight... Now time to see him against the guy many posters are already calling the GOAT.

Wow.

giphy.gif

That huge advantage is speed.dc got a huge speed advantage over stipe,and speed kills.if dc want to beat stipe then I think he need to be the one thats backing up stipe,he need to get in range then he need to explode unexpectedly on stipe like he did to bigfootsilva In order to catch stipe.the most important thing dc not to do is throw wild looping punches because stipe is really good at countering it.and definitely not backing up(obvious).

Just because DC is black doesnt mean he is faster. I actually rate Stipe as the better athlete. I give DC a shot only because he is the more technical wrestler and he does have some punching power.

His biggest is advantage is he gets to spar with Khabib. I heard sometimes DC even gets the best of him.

Just because DC is black doesnt mean he is faster. I actually rate Stipe as the better athlete. I give DC a shot only because he is the more technical wrestler and he does have some punching power.
Who’s a better athlete is debatable but dc is faster with his hands

DC gots this as long as it doesn't turn into a pure boxing match.

The real issue here is that DC has waited too long to take this fight. He's old now. He's held up very well so far, but he's in that age range where fighters come into the cage one night and they're suddenly OLD and visibly slower/weaker/more tired than they were last time.

It's an interesting match up, but there's no way DC will be in top form at 39 years old. The age difference is only 4 years, but those 4 particular years (35-39) are BIG ones for athletes.

Now time to see him against the guy many posters are already calling the GOAT.

That's Sherdog's habit.

Stipe hasn't defended enough to be called GOAT yet. If he beats Cormier, especially convincingly, that will be a big feather in his cap.

I'll be rooting for DC though. Love the guy, and love how he's been able to overcome huge reach and size disadvantages and impose his will on opponents. DC's speed against HWs is definitely one of his strengths.

Stipe via short right to an aging DCs jaw

The real issue here is that DC has waited too long to take this fight. He's old now. He's held up very well so far, but he's in that age range where fighters come into the cage one night and they're suddenly OLD and visibly slower/weaker/more tired than they were last time.

It's an interesting match up, but there's no way DC will be in top form at 39 years old. The age difference is only 4 years, but those 4 particular years (35-39) are BIG ones for athletes.
Somebody gets it....one thing that I think works in DC's favor is that he won't have to cut any weight. The brutal weight cuts definitely don't help longevity.

Big DC fan but don't see him winning standing. I think DC needs this fight on the ground.

^this.
People are talking like this is prime strike force HW Cormier.

Back