There’s a huge advantages dc got over stipe which may help him win the fight

Who’s a better athlete is debatable but dc is faster with his hands

I dont know. Ive seen taller fighters have success on the feet against DC and stipe hits harder than both Jones and Gustaffson and barnett.

are you comparing a dude who shoveled dirt most his life to an Olympic level wrestler?
nagannou is a dangerous mfer, you assholes were saying he would ko stipe dead in the first

nagannou is a dangerous mfer, you assholes were saying he would ko stipe dead in the first

sure. but no one claimed he'd out grapple stipe. he had knocked overeem into hell, who had almost finished stipe. francis was too naive and gassed, dc is one of the smartest fighters

So Pumped!!! Now this is a Super-Fight... Cormier was awesome at Heavyweight... Now time to see him against guy many posters are already calling the GOAT.

Said no one ever

We'll see how old man DC looks at HW. He was very powerful and explosive in Strikeforce, but he's nearly 40 now. He should in theory have the speed, cardio and technical wrestling advantages over Stipe, but size is dramatically skewed in Stipe's favor.

That huge advantage is speed.dc got a huge speed advantage over stipe,and speed kills.if dc want to beat stipe then I think he need to be the one thats backing up stipe,he need to get in range then he need to explode unexpectedly on stipe like he did to bigfootsilva In order to catch stipe.the most important thing dc not to do is throw wild looping punches because stipe is really good at countering it.and definitely not backing up(obvious).
Stipe is fast and has great counters, if DC explodes forward he’ll get slept like Werdum

GSP lost to Matt Serra.

Bad fights happen.

The Struve fight means jack shit.
I thought he was doing great against Struve. He obviously still needed some work but he has improved those holes in his game since then

mighty mouse has a huge speed advantage over stipe too

GSP lost to Matt Serra.

Bad fights happen.

The Struve fight means jack shit.

Matt Serra was not a bum though and is going to be in the UFC hall of fame. Struve is terrible and is an embarrassing loss .

We'll see how old man DC looks at HW. He was very powerful and explosive in Strikeforce, but he's nearly 40 now. He should in theory have the speed, cardio and technical wrestling advantages over Stipe, but size is dramatically skewed in Stipe's favor.
People are always underestimating Stipe, yet these are his last 6 fights..

Mark Hunt (TKO)
Andrei Arlovski (TKO)
Fabricio Werdum (KO)
Alistair Overeem (KO)
Junior Dos Santos (KO)
Francis NGannou (UD)

Say what you want about these guys being passed their primes, they are all legit fighters.

Cormier is a beast, but the fact that he's approching 40, hasn't had a fight at HW in 5 years and is going against the best HW in Miocic, I just can't see it happening.

All the guys underestimating Stipe are going to eat their words after this fight.

As much as I like Cormier, Stipe is going to be too much for him to handle.

he's also unbeaten at HW. Also looked incredible the whole time.
vwcVpk9.gif
Nau5Dak.gif
PinkFastAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

Matt Serra was not a bum though and is going to be in the UFC hall of fame. Struve is terrible and is an embarrassing loss .
So the Serra loss which is the biggest upset in MMA history is not an embarrassing loss? Gtfo

Anybody can have a bad fight and Stipe would win 9 times out of 10 in a re-match.

Saying Cormier will beat Stipe because Stipe lost to Struve is retarded.

At least use an argument that makes sense, like you think Cormier is going to win because he has better wrestling or something.

Back