The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

Terence Crawford visits the TUF house on a invite from TJ Dillashaw

upload_2017-2-22_12-32-51-png.203435

upload_2017-2-22_12-33-31-png.203437

Very nice for TC great exposure

Good tune to sit back and smoke a joint with. Probably the best version of the song too thanks to Kate, who's also quite adorable in it.

Looking over the 209 card, I think I may give that one a purchase even if the PPV portion has two fights I have absolutely no interest in. Khabib-Ferguson is the most interesting to me obviously, but that Vannata-Teymur fight could be really good as well and may end up as the fight of the night. I was impressed with Teymur's striking from day 1 during his season of TUF when he was fighting to get into the house.

Looking over the 209 card, I think I may give that one a purchase even if the PPV portion has two fights I have absolutely no interest in. Khabib-Ferguson is the most interesting to me obviously, but that Vannata-Teymur fight could be really good as well and may end up as the fight of the night. I was impressed with Teymur's striking from day 1 during his season of TUF when he was fighting to get into the house.
Khabib vs Fergueson is gonna be a great fight with relevance .

Khabib could get starched you see how bad he looks in the stand up !
Great fight though

I hope moving forward looks like the new owners are going stack cards ?

Just saw 4 time Olympian dan kelly is on the a ppv card... Thought he'd retired. Add in hunt who cant pull the trigger anymore vs reem who has zero chin left and its a woeful ppv card bar the semi main and main. Think both khalid and wonderboy win easy

Apparently GSP/Bisping is going to happen. I don't really care who wins and I'd rather see Bisping get destroyed by a real MW contender. It will sell well, though.

Just saw 4 time Olympian dan kelly is on the a ppv card... Thought he'd retired. Add in hunt who cant pull the trigger anymore vs reem who has zero chin left and its a woeful ppv card bar the semi main and main. Think both khalid and wonderboy win easy

There are three, maybe four interesting fights on the card. Woodley/Thomspon, Khabib/Ferguson, Vannata/Teymur, and Bektic/Elkins (more interesting just to see Bektic active again). As cards have gone lately, it's not bad but I won't be watching it live.

Apparently GSP/Bisping is going to happen. I don't really care who wins and I'd rather see Bisping get destroyed by a real MW contender. It will sell well, though.

I would like to say that this is the point when the UFC has finally gone full retard, but I think I'd already be a few years to late with that statement. It's fights like Bisping-Henderson followed after by Bisping-GSP that illustrate the need for a third party system to be put in place to protect the fighters and enforce mandatory title fights with #1 contenders. I suspect that the UFC will also create another useless interim title fight while they're waiting.

This isn't a good look for either Bisping or GSP.

Bisping wasn't going to look good no matter what. He was either going to get destroyed by a real MW contender, or he was going to have a joke title defense. This is a joke title defense that is going to get him paid handsomely. I expect they're paying GSP a ton to come back, as well, and if he does win (it doesn't seem likely to me that he will, but it's not impossible) then he can claim to be a genuine two weight champion even if Bisping is the worst champion in recent UFC history. A shit performance (and I don't think GSP will look good) could tarnish his legacy a bit, too.

Anyone know what UFC 208 did in ppv Buys ?

I don't think it's a bad look for GSP, they offered him a fight and he took it. Totally, undeserved, of course, but hopefully he can make good on it. Bisping, on the other hand, is getting roasted.

I don't think it's a bad look for GSP, they offered him a fight and he took it. Totally, undeserved, of course, but hopefully he can make good on it. Bisping, on the other hand, is getting roasted.

When I made that post I was thinking more along the lines of why the Silva-GSP fight didn't happen when everybody wanted it, Iron, and how GSP used to say he was too small to compete at 185 in those days. Maybe he's gotten bigger in that time, but it doesn't really look like it in the photos of him in recent times. Bisping, of course, looks much worse in taking this fight.

When I made that post I was thinking more along the lines of why the Silva-GSP fight didn't happen when everybody wanted it, Iron, and how GSP used to say he was too small to compete at 185 in those days. Maybe he's gotten bigger in that time, but it doesn't really look like it in the photos of him in recent times. Bisping, of course, looks much worse in taking this fight.
ehhh, like you said, GSP is coming back, he may very well just have out grown the division? I think the timejump has been enough that it doesn't really say anything about the Silva/GSP situation

Bisping just looks like he's wasting everybodies time. Wouldn't be shocked if Yoel finds himself in a title fight soon.

@JayE and @Sharkey good tunes in here, hadn't heard either of those songs and really enjoyed both.

So what the hell is going on? Is Khabib still fighting Tony Ferguson?

Back