The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

This was probably the WORST UFC card every and STILL trended more than 2x any boxing event last year (Thurman/Porter and Canelo/Khan were the highest at 50k).

Boxing really needs to find a social media strategy. Even if more people watched Canelo/Khan than UFC 208, more people are talking about UFC 208, which makes UFC 208 seem more popular (which isnt really true)

This was probably the WORST UFC card every and STILL trended more than 2x any boxing event last year (Thurman/Porter and Canelo/Khan were the highest at 50k).

Boxing really needs to find a social media strategy. Even if more people watched Canelo/Khan than UFC 208, more people are talking about UFC 208, which makes UFC 208 seem more popular (which isnt really true)
Go away dickhead!

It was bizarre. You liking Conor doesn't change that.

I asked you why you found it bizarre and confusing (out of interest more than anything), not for you to reclarify your initial position.

Sounds like you just misunderstood the purpose of the event, or maybe meet and greet events haven't reached the sticks yet.

Are you speaking globally? Also what is the purpose of this post if you have legitimate concerns for boxings health I have not heard of any Queen b writing to any promoter on concerns and or a strategy to improve digital footprint

I am taking that's more important than actual viewership worldwide right ?

So Holly destroyed Rousey and hasn't won a fight since. Weird.

She fights to the level of her opponents. She has the tools to beat every one of these girls yet uses the worst and same strategy in every fight.

So Holly destroyed Rousey and hasn't won a fight since. Weird.

She fights to the level of her opponents. She has the tools to beat every one of these girls yet uses the worst and same strategy in every fight.
Holly is obviously pretty good, but I think a lot of it is just that Ronda wasn't

Holly is obviously pretty good, but I think a lot of it is just that Ronda wasn't
I also feel her ego doesn't let her listen to her corner , and she seems to be going on a down slide or is distracted mentally

Nah, Ronda was great she was just limited, Holly is a limited fighter too. Ronda has way better wins than Holly, Holm has looked mediocre at best in 5 out of her 6 fights in the UFC. Ronda destroyed top rated fighters in devastating fashion.

What about gate ? That should telll us more since umm comp tickets
UFC 208 did $2,275,105 at the gate.

That is more than 2 times the highest boxing gate at the Barclays Center, which was Thurman vs Porter at $1.1 million

UFC 208 did $2,275,105 at the gate.

That is more than 2 times the highest boxing gate at the Barclays Center, which was Thurman vs Porter at $1.1 million
Well just as I thought laid out the gimmie and that's what you went for

How about answering the real question

Look folks bet he ignores it

E x p o s e d

Nah, Ronda was great she was just limited, Holly is a limited fighter too. Ronda has way better wins than Holly, Holm has looked mediocre at best in 5 out of her 6 fights in the UFC. Ronda destroyed top rated fighters in devastating fashion.
Ronda had potential to be even better but she abandoned what made her special. Started thinking she was Tyson or something.

Ronda had potential to be even better but she abandoned what made her special. Started thinking she was Tyson or something.

To get better you have to evolve and extend your skills, so that's quite a contradictory statement you made. I'm aware though that you'd rather eat a dick than admit there's something wrong with your comment.

It was just a matter of time until her weakness got exposed, there's no way she couldve stuck to her one dimensional game forever.

Ronda did well to achieve what she did with her skillset, she certainly didn't under achieve. Judo is not a good marital art to base your MMA game solely on, Ronda was an anomaly and benefitted from fighting girls who couldn't crack an egg and ere crossfit sinstruictors two years prior.

The moment she ran into two fighters who had a decent KO ratio she got rekt.

The moment she ran into two fighters who had a decent KO ratio she got rekt.

The KO ratios of Kaufman, Zingano and Carmouche were just as good as Holly's. As a matter of fact Zingano finished Nunes.

I agree 100%. She started knocking girls out and thinking she was some technically superior striker who could overwhelm anyone. I think her coach fed into it a lot by feeding her head with bullshit and lying to the media saying that she was knocking out boxing world champs with body shots in the gym. I think she started to believe her own press clippings and media hype. She should have been working on becoming a good defensive fighter who could slip punches into a clinch but I think the fashion in which she was beating girls put pressure on her every time out to live up to that and win in devastating fashion in a minute or less. Ronda has destroyed girls who beat Amanda and Holly, mma is about styles though and I think Holly broke her mentally because she realized she wasn't what she and everyone else had made her believe and she didn't know how to deal with it.

The KO ratios of Kaufman, Zingano and Carmouche were just as good as Holly's. As a matter of fact Zingano finished Nunes.

Kaufman hasn't KO'd anyone in the UFC, Carmouche has one TKO and ZIngano ran straight into Ronda and threw a flying knee. She's also a grappler and not a striker.

Holm only had two fights in the UFC befiore Ronda but proved in her recent MMA career that she had a fight ender in her head kick and could land hard counter punches. Nunes showed KO power all the way.

None of Ronda's opponents are close to being on the same level striking wise as Holm and Nunes, as soon as she fought an elite striker she got humiliated.

I asked you why you found it bizarre and confusing (out of interest more than anything), not for you to reclarify your initial position.

Sounds like you just misunderstood the purpose of the event, or maybe meet and greet events haven't reached the sticks yet.

The idea of paying money to go to a black tie affair and listen to a clown like McGregor is the epitome of bizarre to me.

The idea of paying money to go to a black tie affair and listen to a clown like McGregor is the epitome of bizarre to me.

Ah, should of just said it's because you don't like Mcgregor, rather than claiming people who paid money to attend were confused and baffled at the event.

Back