The UFC/Off-Topic Thread v7

Khabib was hospitalized due to the weight cut, and was pulled off the card.

@JayE and @Sharkey good tunes in here, hadn't heard either of those songs and really enjoyed both.

So what the hell is going on? Is Khabib still fighting Tony Ferguson?

Khabib-Ferguson was cancelled, Nac. As far as I know anyways.

CBS, PBC and SHOWTIME Executives

Barry-Yes.gif

I'm torn on the GSP-Bisping fight. Had it happened years ago I think it would've made more sense (despite Bisping not being champ) had GSP actually moved up to Middleweight like he hinted at so many times to face Silva. This does screw over Romero who did actually earn his title shot and in a big way.

I'm really bummed that we won't be seeing Khabib-Ferguson tonight. That was the fight I was most looking forward to. We still have some good fights on tonight's main card though. Woodley & Thompson can settle the score. Their first fight was pretty crazy and I was 99% sure that Thompson was going to tap but didn't and, as Tyron said, squeezed his small head free lol. Reem-Hunt could be interesting. Back in 2008 in Dream, Reem subbed him in the 1st round with a keylock.

Decent fight night for the UFC. Nothing special but certainly not weak.

Last edited:
Based on my interest level now, I'd give the main card about a 1.5 out of 5 now that the Khabib-Ferguson fight has been scrapped.

Based on my interest level now, I'd give the main card about a 1.5 out of 5 now that the Khabib-Ferguson fight has been scrapped.

I've been wanting to see Khabib mix it up with Ferguson for a year now. Any combination of those two along with McGregor has my attention. Reem-Hunt is up next.

I just finished watching the Teymur-Vannata and Woodley-Thompson fights since those were the only two I had any interest. I wished I stopped at one.

Bisping fight would make zero sense. Say he beats Bisping, he's going to fight those other monsters at MW? No way. Now is the time to make the Anderson Silva fight imo, won't get them at their best but Anderson has tailed off enough that I think GSP might take it now when he didn't want it before.
If he fights Silva though it would be at MW anyway. Why not try to beat Bisping first and work off some ring rust, and if he wins, the fight with Silva will be bigger than ever.

If he fights Silva though it would be at MW anyway. Why not try to beat Bisping first and work off some ring rust, and if he wins, the fight with Silva will be bigger than ever.

Not even close. A fight between Silva and GSP in 2012 or 1st half of 2013 would have done much, much bigger business than one between them in late 2017, early 2018. Back then that fight had the potential to hit the 2 million buy mark. Nowadays they'd be lucky to hit a million even if GSP beats Bisping.

Not even close. A fight between Silva and GSP in 2012 or 1st half of 2013 would have done much, much bigger business than one between them in late 2017, early 2018. Back then that fight had the potential to hit the 2 million buy mark. Nowadays they'd be lucky to hit a million even if GSP beats Bisping.
You're right, I didn't mean ever, just bigger than it being GSP's first fight back. I think when the fight would have sold the most Silva had a clear advantage. Now that they're past their primes the fight seems more even to me.

You're right, I didn't mean ever, just bigger than it being GSP's first fight back. I think when the fight would have sold the most Silva had a clear advantage. Now that they're past their primes the fight seems more even to me.
GSP would've been silvas daddy. Wha exactly could Anderson exploit? Georges certainly isn't getting into a stand and bang match.

GSP would've been silvas daddy. Wha exactly could Anderson exploit? Georges certainly isn't getting into a stand and bang match.
I think mainly because of the size advantage. Silva was comfortable fighting 205 pounders. I'm a huge GSP fan but I think he would have had to exert too much energy against Silva and worn down towards the finish.

I think mainly because of the size advantage. Silva was comfortable fighting 205 pounders. I'm a huge GSP fan but I think he would have had to exert too much energy against Silva and worn down towards the finish.
I could see that happening, but early doors GSP controls the action imo.

He's the son of Brad Wall, the Premier of Sask (who I don't care for, but his son is one hell of an artist). Still a kid, but he had a song featured in Hell or High Water (great movie). Sask is actually producing a lot of interesting artists it seems.

I need to calm down a tad. Only way I know how.

I'm pretty happy about the music.

anyone interested in King Mo vs. Rampage?

Rampage is +275 now.

but he weighed in at 253
he looked so bad at the weigh in. Mo kinda sucks but I still am not putting money on Page. Looks completely disinterested. If he cant get Mo out in the fist 3 minutes i bet he gives up

Back