The truth about cancer

what? chemo? radiation? way to go trying to sound smart and coming off like a complete dumbass.

Yeah i mixed up chemo and radiation, probably because it was late and I was tired. Either way I'm not a doctor or an expert. I'm some dude and never claimed to be anything else. No need to be an asshole about it for no reason.

I know a guy who doesn't believe in evolution or that the earth is a sphere and tries to give people medical and nutritional advice. He says cancer can be cured by eating a ton of carrots and they are suppressing that knowledge so doctors can make more money.

People need to stop fucking around when it comes to cancer. Fucking snake oil scumbags have people doing colonics and eating acai berry smoothies instead of actually fighting that shit with documented courses of treatment. Anybody who gets stage anything cancer and talks about how they don't trust Western medicine should use that acai berry money on a lawyer to tighten up their will.

People need to stop fucking around when it comes to cancer. Fucking snake oil scumbags have people doing colonics and eating acai berry smoothies instead of actually fighting that shit with documented courses of treatment. Anybody who gets stage anything cancer and talks about how they don't trust Western medicine should use that acai berry money on a lawyer to tighten up their will.
snake oil scumbags are just providing people with what they need. Steve Jobs, a guy unlikely to be fooled unless he wanted it, 'tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies, and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He was also influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, before finally having surgery' for his cancer.

Yeah i mixed up chemo and radiation, probably because it was late and I was tired. Either way I'm not a doctor or an expert. I'm some dude and never claimed to be anything else. No need to be an asshole about it for no reason.
sorry I hurt your feelings, Daisy.

snake oil scumbags are just providing people with what they need. Steve Jobs, a guy unlikely to be fooled unless he wanted it, 'tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies, and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He was also influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, before finally having surgery' for his cancer.

What they need?

Cancer patients need to give these assholes their money before they die instead of spending it on treatments with verifiable efficacy or leaving it to their family?

They're giving cancer patients what they "need" the same way Bernie Madoff gave uneducated investors what they "needed."

Steve Jobs? The one who died of his cancer? And regretted trying to beat cancer with alternative medicine?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...er-with-alternative-medicine-for-so-long.html

He didn't "need" any of that shit, quite the opposite.

Last edited:
threadsux.gif~c200
This and Ronaldo "Jews did this" are p4p best gifs imo

Without watching a 2 hour vis, chemo works by bombarding your cells with radiation. It kills the cancer cells, but it also kills regular cells and absolutely fuckblasts your immune system. So there are pros and cons. It's hardly the only treatment used, and if anything I think it's a desperation measure because it fucks you up so badly.
Do they also give you vitamin and anti-oxydant supplementation via I.V?

Considering I had Non-Hodgkins lymphoma and received chemo and now have been in remission for 23 years... I'm not going to argue with the results and its effectiveness.

What they need?

Cancer patients need to give these assholes their money before they die instead of spending it on treatments with verifiable efficacy or leaving it to their family?

They're giving cancer patients what they "need" the same way Bernie Madoff gave uneducated investors what they "needed."
maybe I should have written 'what they think they need' for easier understanding? of course, by what they need I did NOT mean what is in their best interests. nobody is shutting the hospital doors in front of them, nobody is forcefully shoving the alternative medicine down their throats. they choose it themselves, and as long as there are people like that, there will be people who will provide it.
the problem is not snake oil salesmen, the problem is ignorance and archaic beliefs.

maybe I should have written 'what they think they need' for easier understanding? of course, by what they need I did NOT mean what is in their best interests. nobody is shutting the hospital doors in front of them, nobody is forcefully shoving the alternative medicine down their throats. they choose it themselves, and as long as there are people like that, there will be people who will provide it.
the problem is not snake oil salesmen, the problem is ignorance and archaic beliefs.

The problem exists at both ends of the market equations. People are uneducated and gullible, but "salesmen" also go out and actively create a market for shit products. It is scummery in general, but unforgivable when it comes to people's health.

People might think I overreact to that fuckhole Mike Chang and his bullshit workout routines, and that's just general fitness. That's nothing compared to taking advantage of people with cancer.

If the only way you can make a living is by selling false remedies to gravely ill people, then you should kill yourself.

Last edited:
yeah, that is why for almost a year he tried all that alternative medicine crap. why did he, if he didnt think he needed it, instead of modern treatment methods?

Because, as you say, he THOUGHT he needed it. Turned out to be a shit idea.

Thinking you need something isn't always the same as needing it. People buy into all sorts of shit when they're desperate and there is no shortage of scumbags out there willing to take their cash. It's disgusting.

The problem exists at both ends of the market equations. People are uneducated and gullible, but "salesmen" also go out and actively create a market for shit products. It is scummery in general, but unforgivable when it comes to people's health.

People might think I overreact to that fuckhole Mike Chang and his bullshit workout routines, and that's just general fitness. That's nothing compared to taking advantage of people with cancer.

If the only way you can make a living is by selling false remedies to gravely ill people, then you should kill yourself.
even if there no 'salesmen' to sell this crap, I have a feeling the majority of people, who would turn to them, would still avoid modern medicine. the main reason they seek the alternative stuff is their mistrust in medicine.

even if there no 'salesmen' to sell this crap, I have a feeling the majority of people, who would turn to them, would still avoid modern medicine. the main reason they seek the alternative stuff is their mistrust in medicine.

Mistrust in medicine is also something that is actively marketed to people by those with a financial interest.

Proportions and trends, how do they work??

All these morans with "I knew this guy and he (insert something about cancer treatment), so that means that (insert conclusion about cancer as a whole)" need to STFU.

Cancer treatment has been meticulously studied for decades. The answer is clear: high-level, conventional treatment gives you the best chances to survive. The only argument now is whether chemo, radiation, surgery is better and for whom, under what conditions, etc.

Herbal medicine and other shit doesn't even come into the discussion because it has zero scientific validity. A few unsubstantiated stories and outliers don't mean shit.

I find Reich's cancer research interesting. Too bad his work was actively censored with his imprisonment and the FDA supervised destruction of his research material. He may have been onto something.

Back