Social The return of overt Racism in English Football

Yeah, I realized that reading the rest of the thread. I don't get those people. You spend money coming to a game to insult a guy based on his race, yet your team is full of blacks, too. As I've mentioned previously, I perceive the situation as someone who's from entirely white nation, that's why I thought it could be something other than racism.

Nah yeah I saw that as I carried on through the thread
Football is bigger than you could imagine over here it’s crazy at times

What does everyone think of the thought that football teams are just a proxy for sectarian , ethnic and nationalistic animus. Since Western Europe has 'hate speech' laws and outlaws overtly racist orgs. , people are using football teams as proxies to vent their anger. This I believe is *part* of the reason for racial/sectarian abuse. When it became a faux-pax to say the N word and overtly bring up racial supremacy
( in America ), people resorted to dog-whistles and euphemisms.

Ofcourse the other reason is just petty tribalism , which in the case of sports is fans of 1 team abusing players of another team or their own team if they think the later is doing a shite job. And when you want to abuse someone, you say what you think will trigger them, so in the case of Black players, the abusers perceive racial abuse will piss off the opposing team. In the 2006 W.C. Final , Italy's Marco Matarrazi insulted Zidane's family , trying to elicit a reaction from Zidane, and Zidane obliged with a head-but. Zidane got a Red-Card which then cost France the final.

What does everyone think of the thought that football teams are just a proxy for sectarian , ethnic and nationalistic animus. Since Western Europe has 'hate speech' laws and outlaws overtly racist orgs. , people are using football teams as proxies to vent their anger. This I believe is *part* of the reason for racial/sectarian abuse. When it became a faux-pax to say the N word and overtly bring up racial supremacy
( in America ), people resorted to dog-whistles and euphemisms.

Ofcourse the other reason is just petty tribalism , which in the case of sports is fans of 1 team abusing players of another team or their own team if they think the later is doing a shite job. And when you want to abuse someone, you say what you think will trigger them, so in the case of Black players, the abusers perceive racial abuse will piss off the opposing team. In the 2006 W.C. Final , Italy's Marco Matarrazi insulted Zidane's family , trying to elicit a reaction from Zidane, and Zidane obliged with a head-but. Zidane got a Red-Card which then cost France the final.

perhaps youre overthinking it mate most of the time most of the people in a crowd are just bemoaning the shit football their team is playing ,those sentiments might be exacerbated by the amount they have to pay for a ticket or what a twat the owner might be but usually crowd discontent doesn't go much beyond that .
Playing a local rival might ratchet things a bit but that's usually not politically,religious or racially motivated the only things fueling it is the sure conviction that they are all inbred and live slums .

NFL, NBA, MLB in the USA doesn't really have this problem. Sports brings the different ethnicities together to cheer for their team.
Yeah it's a different problem, white people are afraid to use the n word so they just call them ungrateful thugs instead.

there are less American white guys in the NBA .....than teams. So it's generally not a problem there, as if you're racist you likely wouldn't even be at the game in the first place

Lol, no one does.
Naw there's like 5 crazy far lefties who obsess. That's about it. Most others agree with me, or can see my point of view. Only the brainwashed goofballs of the far left, and those who don't like common sense, try to discredit me.

Naw there's like 5 crazy far lefties who obsess. That's about it. Mist others agree with me, or can we my point of view. Only the brainwashed goofballs of the far left, and those who don't like common sense, try to discredit me.
Are you drunk lol get help

Lol, no one does.
Also, the dude conceeded by not bringing up instances where he experienced racism at sporting events. I told him he didnt, because I've been watching sports my whole life and know.

It's such an offensive premise, really, being that it's white people that are making millionaires out of mostly idiots for their ability to pick fruit from a slightly higher branch, and throw it in a basket. That's what these skills equate to. White people are making black men wealthy for this, and are going to be accused of racism? Screw you idiots.

Also, the dude conceeded by not bringing up instances where he experienced racism at sporting events. I told him he didnt, because I've been watching sports my whole life and know.

It's such an offensive premise, really, being that it's white people that are making millionaires out of mostly idiots for their ability to pick fruit from a slightly higher branch, and throw it in a basket. That's what these skills equate to. White people are making black men wealthy for this, and are going to be accused of racism? Screw you idiots.
You talk as if the White people are not getting even more fabulously wealthy by these Black men. And if you think being good at BBall is just 1 step above picking fruit, then most all sports can be explained away using a similar analogy. I mean what is soccer if not for kicking a rock around . And what is running, jumping other than just running and jumping. And Golf is just hitting a ball with a stick, big deal.

You talk as if the White people are not getting even more fabulously wealthy by these Black men. And if you think being good at BBall is just 1 step above picking fruit, then most all sports can be explained away using a similar analogy. I mean what is soccer if not for kicking a rock around . And what is running, jumping other than just running and jumping. And Golf is just hitting a ball with a stick, big deal.

Of course that's right.

It's a fairly limited amount of white males making the money, however.

Of course that's right.

It's a fairly limited amount of white males making the money, however.
Team owners, coaches, TV station owners, advertising executives, sports brand companies, accountants handling money for the players , venue organizers and owners of venues. I mean these are just a few of the professions White men are making money off the athletes.

Team owners, coaches, TV station owners, advertising executives, sports brand companies, accountants handling money for the players , venue organizers and owners of venues. I mean these are just a few of the professions White men are making money off the athletes.

Kind of. Some of those aren't getting paid directly off the players actions, but sports have, of course, become an industry. The accountants are just paid like accountants, and some venue organizer positions pay a hell of a lot less than you think. I was close with one at DTE music theatre near here, and was in the less than $20 an hour range, and near the top.

We need more Muslim/African immigration to solve this issue

Ainsley Maitland-Niles opens up on racist abuse suffered playing in Arsenal's youth ranks

"I reported it, but nothing was done about it. I guess I just had to move on from it and become stronger. It hurts to talk about it, it hurts to think about it."

Asked if he had suffered racist abuse on a football pitch, he said: "Yes, I have.
"Not at the professional level, but growing up in the youth ranks. I was 12. I was at Arsenal at the time, it was an away trip to a German side I think.

I think it's important he said that he hasn't suffered any since becoming professional, so that's a positive. But it's pretty shit that a 12 year old should have to deal with that, and that isn't ancient history, that would've only been about 2009/10.

https://news.sky.com/story/ainsley-...ered-playing-in-arsenals-youth-ranks-11578779

Disgusting. If you're caught doing this shit you should get a lifetime ban. Sad that anyone has to deal with that nonsense in 2018.

Back