The real reason gsp is fighting bisping instead of woodley

Accept for the fact he already has agreed to fight Whitaker if he wins be bisping.

Your ideas have no merit based on that fact alone.

He agreed to fight Whittaker only because UFC said that was the only way they would let him fight Bisping. His plan was to win the MW title, vacate it and drop back down to WW. Those are the facts.

If you are so short sighted that you can't see past gsp beating bisping and fighting tougher comp then there is no hope for you, " gsp believes he will beat him" and he is contractually obligated to fight the interim champ. Tyrone can't sell a ppl if he paid ppl to watch it

He won't fight Whittaker. He will call out Conor if he beats Bisping. If he is forced to stay at MW I bet they find some reason to give anderson the next title shot.

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?
No.

nkjVUpN.gif

weo1MxU.png

Woodley cannot be beaten.

Wonderboy should have won both fights on the scorecards.

He backed Woodley up for like 23 minutes of both fights.

Woodley had a few flurries that found their mark because Wonderboy's striking defense is not very good. He gets hit clean on the chin in a lot of his fights.

Wonderboy =/= GSP

He agreed to fight Whittaker only because UFC said that was the only way they would let him fight Bisping. His plan was to win the MW title, vacate it and drop back down to WW. Those are the facts.

Show me the dim mak and I'll beleive you

Go ahead and name all the times moving up and taking the belt didn't add to a fighter's legacy. I'll wait. Or you could just try and deflect from the point again.

It will always be noted that when asked to do it against Anderson, gsp pussed out big time

Carlos condit is better, who has more finishes standing? I'll wait
How is Condit better when he got out struck on the feet by GSP? You're asking who has more finishes? LOL yeah okay just bleed fan. Matt Brown must have better standup than GSP too.

Way too many chromosomes in your head or something.

Hendricks beat the shit of GSP standing, almost a decade ago.
Check the compubox, buddy. Who got the nod? GSP rules for like a decade himself, and Hendricks was his last fight. Yeah sure, lets pretend like GSP was in his prime. GSP a couple years before kills Hendricks standing, and GSP the day of the fight embarrasses post USADA Hendricks.

Without the takedown threat GSP is nothing.
He may be a better striker than shitty strikers like Hughes, Koscheck and Shields, but he ain't a better striker than Woodley, Wonderboy, Lawler, Masvidal.

The division got a lot better since he "retired", if he want to get his belt back he need to be better than what he was before.
Good news, he said he is better than ever, so we will see.
This is why I clearly said he's the GOAT WW at MMA standup. Of course this factors in the threat of the takedown. I would never say GSP was the best muay thai fighter or boxer because that doesn't make sense.

Also, I guess we disagree on the WW division. IMO it was the most stacked when GSP ruled. Imo today's WW division wouldn't last vs a prime Fitch, Koscheck, Hughes, Penn, Thiago Alves.

This is why I clearly said he's the GOAT WW at MMA standup. Of course this factors in the threat of the takedown. I would never say GSP was the best muay thai fighter or boxer because that doesn't make sense.

Also, I guess we disagree on the WW division. IMO it was the most stacked when GSP ruled. Imo today's WW division wouldn't last vs a prime Fitch, Koscheck, Hughes, Penn, Thiago Alves.
What you said doesn't make sense, he tried to strike with Condit the less he could, because he knew that Condit was the better striker.

John Danaher himself said on one of those UFC Primetime videos that GSP isn't the best striker, the best wrestle or the best jiu jitsu guy, but he is the best shoot fighter, he take down the better striker and outstrike the better wrestlers.

The division never been better, those guys you mentioned have no business being top welterweights today.

GSP haters talking up a guy who got KTFO by Marquardt, beaten by Shields and got absolutely embarrassed by GSP's apprentice like he's some GOAT lol.

Bisping would kill Woodley. GSP has nothing to gain beating him for a belt he held for years

What you said doesn't make sense, he tried to strike with Condit the less he could, because he knew that Condit was the better striker.

John Danaher himself said on one of those UFC Primetime videos that GSP isn't the best striker, the best wrestle or the best jiu jitsu guy, but he is the best shoot fighter, he take down the better striker and outstrike the better wrestlers.

The division never been better, those guys you mentioned have no business being top welterweights today.
He didn't not try and strike with Condit because he thought Condit was the better striker. GSP is in the business of winning fights. EVERYONE knows this. If you're fighting a guy who's takedown defense is nonexistent, and you're one of the greatest wrestlers in MMA history, what do you think is gona happen?

When the fight was on the feet, GSP landed double the amount of significant strikes that Condit landed. I'm pretty sure that means Condit got worked on the feet.

Also, Idk if you're a new fan or something, but a prime Fitch would've wrestle fucked 99% of today's WW division. Koscheck was an absolute beast, choked out Anthony Johnson. Pre USASA Hendericks was scary af. Pre USADA Alves would likely out strike everyone you listed. I'm not sure if you just don't remember these times, or if you're a new fan or something. The WW division was widely known as being the deepest in the UFC when GSP was running it.

GSP haters talking up a guy who got KTFO by Marquardt, beaten by Shields and got absolutely embarrassed by GSP's apprentice like he's some GOAT lol.

Bisping would kill Woodley. GSP has nothing to gain beating him for a belt he held for years

When's the last time gsp 'killed' anybody? And you have to go to strike force to find anytime woodley was killed by anyone, which still ain't as embarrassing as getting KTFO by 5'6" Matt Serra.[/QUOTE]

Check the compubox, buddy. Who got the nod? GSP rules for like a decade himself, and Hendricks was his last fight. Yeah sure, lets pretend like GSP was in his prime. GSP a couple years before kills Hendricks standing, and GSP the day of the fight embarrasses post USADA Hendricks.
I don't disagree with anything you said buy GsP didnt destroy Hendricks standing that fight was extremely close and many thought Hendricks won.

GSP s accolades are undeniable that said it was almost a decade ago.

Its dubious he has what it takes to beat guys like Woodley at this point hence The Count

I've been say the exact same thing for a while now

But you can't say he never will or is scared to fight Whitaker when he's already agreed to!!

He was asking about coming back to fight at MW when rocksalt was champ originally!!

It will always be noted that when asked to do it against Anderson, gsp pussed out big time

Actually he didn't he asked for it to be at 170 or a catchweight. He hadn't had time to put the weight on. And after the boring fight with Maia it never came up again.

Back