***The Official Sanctioned Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jose Pedraza RBR Thread 12/8 ESPN 9PM EST***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Gervonta DESTROYED Pedraza"....
You watched that fight, right?

Because Pedraza had very good moments when he was unloading on Davis up against the ropes. You know, those kind of moments that if the happened in a similar way against lomachenko you'd be using as a reason to be suspect of his win or at least his future fortunes in the ring against top opponents.

So saying that he destroyed Pedraza is true if you only look at the outcome and ignore what actually transpired prior to that outcome.

And those moments Pedraza had against Tank .... he didn't have in a similar manner against Lomachenko
Davis stopped him. He was definitely more dominant vs Pedraza than Lomachenko was. Stood in front of him, took his best shots and put him on his ass.

Lets jut put Teofilo Lopez in with Loma and let the sparks fly!

I think he is on something, to have unlimited energy in the late rounds. In the 11th he threw around 40 punches and didn't punch himself out. I don't believe it is regular conditioning. In the old days you would see the output dropping. One guy was on a bicycle and the other on a motorcycle with a full tank of gas.

so youre accusing him of being on peds and youve been here since 2005 and have perused the rules?

Davis stopped him. He was definitely more dominant vs Pedraza than Lomachenko was. Stood in front of him, took his best shots and put him on his ass.
you shouldn't be bragging about taking somebodies best shots though. We all know Davis can punch and has a chin. The question is can he find Loma? The Pedraza win was good, but after that, hwo is there? Cuellar had no business in the ring with him.

If Pedraza would have had the same sustained moments of success against Loma as he did against Davis you'd be using that as a reason to undermine Loma and detract from his win. You've done that before when a guy you don't like wins by a KO (eh, but what about that time in the 4th where blah, blah, blah).

Watch the fight again and say with sincerity that if Pedraza had Loma up against the ropes and was landing multiple punch combos on him you wouldn't be stating something like "the only thing missing was power... Loma got lucky that Pedraza lacked the power to put him away"

Loma is a great fighter but I am not buying this other worldly talent B.S. And pound for pound number one??? Nope. He is a great fighter and still is surprisingly overrated by a lot of fans and the media, if and when that stops it will be the best thing that will ever happen to his career. I think I've heard Teddy Atlas say something like Loma is the greatest fighter he has ever seen or some shit like that....... What is going on?

Last edited:
Loma is a great fighter but I am not buying this other worldly talent B.S. And pound for pound number one??? Nope. He is a great fighter and still is surprisingly overrated by a lot of fans and the media, if and when that stops it will be the best thing that will ever happens to Loma's career. I think I've heard Teddy Atlas say something like Loma is the greatest fighter he has ever seen or some shit like that....... What is going on.

What about other former championship and former world pound for pound fighters who rave about him too? I would think they know what they are talking about.

What about other former championship and former world pound for pound fighters who rave about him too? I would think they know what they are talking about.

Rave about him being a great fighter or rant and rave that B.S. ,he is the best thing since slice bread, narrative. Because if its the latter then I disagree with them. Many pro athletes and media members say stupid shit all the time. It's very common.

Rave about him being a great fighter or rant and rave that B.S. ,he is the best thing since slice bread, narrative. Because if its the latter then I disagree with them. Many pro athletes and media members say stupid shit all the time, its very common.

Well, I've been watching since the 80's and he's up there for me. He has to do it for more years but he's very unique and extremely technical with very high fight IQ.

Well, I've been watching since the 80's and he's up there for me. He has to do it for more years but he's very unique and extremely technical with very high fight IQ.

I agree he is very technically skilled with very high fight IQ, but those two characteristics do not qualify someone to ranked up there with the greatest fighters ever or for that matter at the top of the p4p list. Also, his uniqueness only matters to me in he context of what he has accomplished and based on the expectations projected through the media he has ALOT of work to do. But I'm curious, where do you have him in the p4p rankings? and do you have him ranked all time already?

I agree he is very technically skilled with very high fight IQ, but those two characteristics do not qualify someone to ranked up there with the greatest fighters ever or for that matter at the top of the p4p list. Also, his uniqueness only matters to me in he context of what he has accomplished and based on the expectations projected through the media he has ALOT of work to do. But I'm curious, where do you have him in the p4p rankings? and do you have him ranked all time already?

He's 1 right now for me and no he's not an all time great yet in my mind. He has do this for a number of more years, but if he can, he will be.

He's 1 right now for me and no he's not an all time great yet in my mind. He has do this for a number of more years, but if he can, he will be.

How can you have him ranked over say Canelo, who has fought and defeated a much better competition and is a multiple weight world champion, or Terrence Crawford an undefeated multiple weight champion that was undisputed at 140. I agree that loma may be able to achieve greater things in the sport but I also do not think it is a forgone conclusion and I also don't see the point of giving him the praise without him achieving those accomplishments yet.

Lomachenko is a a great fighter no doubt. But I don't buy into him being #1 right now. Crawford and Canelo both have better resume's and bodies of work. I think after tonight the hype train is going to take off though. ESPN being partnered with Top Rank practically spent more time fellating Loma than calling the actual fight.

How can you have him ranked over say Canelo, who has fought and defeated a much better competition and is a multiple weight world champion, or Terrence Crawford an undefeated multiple weight champion that was undisputed at 140. I agree that loma may be able to achieve greater things in the sport but I also do not think it is a forgone conclusion and I also don't see the point of giving him the praise without him achieving those accomplishments yet.

Crawford is an argument, but not Canelo for me. He definitely lost the first fight to GGG and was completely outclassed by Mayweather. But, like I said, Bud Crawford has a strong case as #1 pound for pound.

Loma is the man. So much fun to watch.

Hi everyone first time posting here. I was at MSG for the fight today (my second fight ever) and it was a lot of fun. The fight of the night for me was Dogboe-Navarette. It was a great fight and it was nice to see the judges with fair score cards, I also had it 116-112 for Nava.

Loma looked slow early but he was much more precise and landed cleaner so I thought he won most of the early rounds even though the rounds were close. Thought Pedraza's size and style kept Loma at bay for most of the fight.

And Lopez's KO was definitely the highlight of the night!

Crawford is an argument, but not Canelo for me. He definitely lost the first fight to GGG and was completely outclassed by Mayweather. But, like I said, Bud Crawford has a strong case as #1 pound for pound.

Canelo's only loss was to one of the greatest fighters of all time. If your gonna hold that against him then what about Loma losing to Salido? And I get that you don't agree with the first Canelo decision but their was a second fight that he won. And that win is much better then any win on Lomas resumes. Does it make sense to give Loma credit for losing to a worse fighter and having lessor competition and wins on his record?

Hi everyone first time posting here. I was at MSG for the fight today (my second fight ever) and it was a lot of fun. The fight of the night for me was Dogboe-Navarette. It was a great fight and it was nice to see the judges with fair score cards, I also had it 116-112 for Nava.

Loma looked slow early but he was much more precise and landed cleaner so I thought he won most of the early rounds even though the rounds were close. Thought Pedraza's size and style kept Loma at bay for most of the fight.

And Lopez's KO was definitely the highlight of the night!
Dogboe - Navarette was lots of fun; it must have been fun to watch in the arena. You got to witness a world class technician, got to see a great 12 round scrap, and got to see a brutal KO delivered by an exciting prospect. Sounds like a good night.

Back