The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banpresto had a ton of great looking figures from DB/DBZ/DBS at the NYCC (even Mr. Satan).

Was anyone else rooting for Jiren?

This whole thing is Goku's fault and Goku was fighting for his ego while Jiren fault for universe and his comrades.

The thing where Goku swallowed the spirit bomb and turned around and gave Jiren the look he gave Frieza when Frieza killed Krillin was lame. Frieza had just killed his buddy so the pissed off over the shoulder look was warranted. This time he is pissed cause he lost and his ego was bruised.

I'm rooting for Jiren but not for the same reason as you.
The tournament is because of Goku, but the erasing isn't.

It's my opinion that during Ultra Instinct, Goku is in zen mode. He probably don't know what he was doing thus the expression.

Image from a calendar of one of U4's insect fighters.

21985324_361729477616148_4095149826658795520_n.jpg

Episode 114 HYPE.

A brand new character is going to show up and this character is supposed to be very strong.

I am really interested in seeing who has the balls to interrupt the tournament where all the GoDs are represent along with the Grand Priest and two Zenos

Dragon ball and Z are the best cartoon ever

Episode 114 HYPE.

A brand new character is going to show up and this character is supposed to be very strong.

I am really interested in seeing who has the balls to interrupt the tournament where all the GoDs are represent along with the Grand Priest and two Zenos
I have no clue. But my only guesses would be Zalama or Zeno's dad. Or maybe Zalama is Zeno's dad.

I'm pretty amazed that so many adults are still invested in the DB. I stopped following during GT but maybe having young sons might get me watching again in a few years.

I'm pretty amazed that so many adults are still invested in the DB. I stopped following during GT but maybe having young sons might get me watching again in a few years.
It's likely because unlike many other animes, Dragon Ball isn't centered on some awkward, skinny teenage character. Many other animes like to have too much goofy teen romance.

Dragon Ball is about a group of jacked dudes who dedicate their lives to fighting. Not too surpriding that a bunch of MMA fans in their 20s/30s like the show.

I don't think I'd watch it without the nostalgia factor.

On the other hand when I think about it it's not really more silly and childish than, say, the Marvel movies. It just has a little bit of that weird Japanese anime flavor to it as an extra.

The jacked dudes fighting aspect is true as well, for sure. I started loving dragonball because of those martial arts tournaments. (Piccolo and Freezer were amazing, too, though, and Cell and Buu were fine, too) started watching Super because I heard they were gonna do another tournament.

I don't think I'd watch it without the nostalgia factor.

On the other hand when I think about it it's not really more silly and childish than, say, the Marvel movies. It just has a little bit of that weird Japanese anime flavor to it as an extra.
Remember the good ol' days of coming home from school, getting something to eat and be just in time for Toonami

Also losing your shit seeing Goku go SS the first time

Saw an interesting youtube comment that theorized Jiren's past. Just a theory but don't read if you want to avoid that kind of stuff:

Jiren is a former God of Destruction of an erased universe and his wish will be to have his universe restored. Perhaps somehow, the clown God was able to rescue him (or some form of him) and bypassed the "mortal connection to the kaioshin." They made a point to talk about his wish and it just feels like it's bigger than "I want to bring my family back to life" type of thing. Zeno seems oblivious to things so he may not know about this.

Saw an interesting youtube comment that theorized Jiren's past. Just a theory but don't read if you want to avoid that kind of stuff:

Jiren is a former God of Destruction of an erased universe and his wish will be to have his universe restored. Perhaps somehow, the clown God was able to rescue him (or some form of him) and bypassed the "mortal connection to the kaioshin." They made a point to talk about his wish and it just feels like it's bigger than "I want to bring my family back to life" type of thing. Zeno seems oblivious to things so he may not know about this.
If he was a former God of Destruction wouldn't someone recognize him? I was thinking he was from a planet that was slated for destruction and it seems that if a planet is slated for destruction all the members are supposed to be wiped out with it. I'm just guessing that basesd on the latest manga chapter where Belmod erases a woman that threatens his angel(is it Marcarita?) and just blatantly states that she was from a planet slated for destruction anyways. Maybe Belmod or the Kaioshin(can't remember his name) saw something in Jiren and have(or have had the angel) been training him for his entire life.

If he was a former God of Destruction he would have God of Destruction energy

Theory busted

This Arc might end up being the worst in the series history

I dont need new pointless fighters introduced at the 11th hour

They keep on just adding more and more fan service bullshit

This Arc might end up being the worst in the series history

I dont need new pointless fighters introduced at the 11th hour

They keep on just adding more and more fan service bullshit
It's barely the 3rd quarter. There's like 25+ mins left.

now that goku is out, i hope they give the shine to someone else

fukken toriyama

So for those that don't know, Hit is gonna be eliminated by Jiren very soon and there is something or someone new coming that causes 'dread'

Can't wait for this

What a badass couple of episodes. So hard to try to avoid spoilers. This arc is great and I'm always counting down the days until the next episode.

I'm happy they are making every episode only take about a minute or two form the time remaining for the tournament. It brings up so many questions as it goes on and leaves it open to many more sagas and storylines. I'm all up for 291+ more episodes in the DB universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back