The Murder Of Laci Peterson

Yep and I believe the lady at the warehouse next door let Laci use her bathroom so there was no secret boat.

I think he most likely did it but I don't know how or when. The prosecution said he did it the night before but there are not only the eye witness accounts of Laci walking her dog that morning (although eye witnesses are the least reliable) but there was also the internet search that morning of the umbrellas with sunflowers that Laci loved.

I can't really think of a realistic scenario where he murdered her that really makes sense. If he strangles her that morning after she watches Martha Stewart and searches the internet, then he has to immediately take her to the warehouse. Then he goes into the warehouse and searches for his own mundane shit on the computer and then immediately takes her out to the bay and dumps her? That means all of the eye witness accounts of Laci walking the dog and the eye witness account of Scott not having a body in his boat are all wrong and he's casually searching the internet while his dead wife is out in his truck. He could do that to throw the cops off but then why would he leave all the anchor evidence behind if he's really that cunning? Doesn't add up.

@shadow_priest_x where you at motherfucker?

I'm here, bro!

I've been watching, but for whatever reason this case just hasn't lit a fire under my ass like some of the other ones we've discussed. Maybe that's partially because I've grown somewhat weary by these shows and the way that they can leave out information in an attempt to manipulate the story. You just never know what you're not being told, and whereas with a case like The West Memphis 3 or Steven Avery I had the motivation to do a lot of research beyond the show, I'm just not feeling that motivated for Scott Peterson.

Here are a few thoughts for you though:

1. Based purely on what the show has told us thus far, I don't really see much linking him directly to her death. I mean, what actual evidence is there? The most damning thing is the existence of Amber Frey, and that DOES provide motive, but right now it's not really evidence of him being anything other than a huge asshole. I mean, he IS definitely a huge asshole. But that doesn't make him a murderer.

There's a problem with our justice system when the prosecution is trying to conceal and manipulate evidence to make their case. Even if working for the prosecution, an attorney should first and foremost be seeking justice, not simply seeking to win. These are people's lives that they're playing with out there.

2. I thought the juror that got kicked off the jury was interesting. Was the real reason he got ousted because he wasn't buying what the prosecution was selling? Makes you wonder if he could've been the deciding factor in Scott either getting an acquittal or at least a hung jury.

On that note, I also thought the bit about jury selection and how often jurors will lie to get on the jury because they've already made up their minds about the case and have an agenda to push was fucked up.

3. It's interesting how the show is going into the media coverage surrounding the case and how true crime stories have become this kind of cultural entertainment. The reporters are just licking their chops while they wait for the next juicy detail and the viewers at home are tuning in like it's a soap opera. Kind of tells you something about humanity (and I don't really exclude myself from this either, as someone who had gotten caught up in several true crime stories).

4. Nancy Grace is a cunt. I don't think I've ever, even once, seen her argue that a person is innocent. She always assumes guilt and then attacks that person viciously. I've seen it happen in case after case after case. I hate that bitch so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why exactly do you think he did it? What evidence gets you to that conclusion?
Theres only one person in this world that had a reason to kill her , the guy that was sending love notes to his mistress while his wife and unborn child were missing

Theres only one person in this world that had a reason to kill her , the guy that was sending love notes to his mistress while his wife and unborn child were missing

While the Amber Frey element does not look good for him . . . at all . . . I would probably amend your statement to say that there's only one person that had a reason to kill her that we know of.

Every unsolved murder case, after all, begins with an unknown assailant.

Yeah, but random killings happen everyday, and the robbery suspects silencing a witness makes more sense to me, than a husband killing his wife and unborn child(and leaving no traces behind), because he was banging some other chick in another city.

Not that I don't buy the motive Scott Peterson had. That shit happens a lot too, but not leaving any evidence behind? He's a rookie killer(AFAWK), and pulls the murder off perfectly, but hangs himself by making terribly timed phone calls to his mistress, and dumping the body in the same area where he routinely went out boating?

He's one of the smartest, yet dumbest murderers in history, if he did it.

I'm here, bro!

I've been watching, but for whatever reason this case just hasn't lit a fire under my ass like some of the other ones we've discussed. Maybe that's partially because I've grown somewhat weary by these shows and the way that they can leave out information in an attempt to manipulate the story. You just never know what you're not being told, and whereas with a case like The West Memphis 3 or Steven Avery I had the motivation to do a lot of research beyond the show, I'm just not feeling that motivated for Scott Peterson.

Here are a few thoughts for you though:

1. Based purely on what the show has told us thus far, I don't really see much linking him directly to her death. I mean, what actual evidence is there? The most damning thing is the existence of Amber Frey, and that DOES provide motive, but right now it's not really evidence of him being anything other that a huge asshole. I mean, he IS definitely a huge asshole. But that doesn't make him a murderer.

There's a problem with our justice system when the prosecution is trying to conceal and manipulate evidence to make their case. Even if working for the prosecution, an attorney should first and foremost be seeking justice, not simply seeking to win. These are people's lives that they're playing with out there.

2. I thought the juror that got kicked off the jury was interesting. Was the real reason he got ousted because he wasn't buying what the prosecution was selling? Makes you wonder if he could've been the deciding factor in Scott either getting an acquittal or at least a hung jury.

On that note, I also thought the bit about jury selection and how often times jurors will lie to get on the jury because they've already made up their minds about the case and have an agenda to push. That's fucked up.

3. It's interesting how the show is going into the media coverage surrounding the case and how true crime stories have become this kind of cultural entertainment. The reporters are just licking their chops while they wait for the next juicy detail and the viewers at home are tuning in like it's a soap opera. Kind of tells you something about humanity (and I don't really exclude myself from this either, as someone who had gotten caught up in several true crime stories).

4. Nancy Grace is a cunt. I don't think I've ever, even once, seen her argue if a person is innocent. She always assumes guilt and then attacks that person viciously. I've seen it happen in case after case after case. I hate that bitch so much.

I think the only way would be to find the court transcripts online. The proceedings lasted months, didn't they? That would be an insane amount of work to fully read and understand all of the evidence. I've been trying to research it online but there is so much BS that is blatantly untrue about the case, that it's really hard to find out whats true and what's not. It's funny to me that people are so sure that he did it, that they compare believing he may not be guilty to believing in bigfoot. People watch someone get slayed on the news and automatically think they are guilty with a brain full of "evidence" that isn't even remotely true. It's crazy how manipulative the media is.

The evidence is basically a bunch of circumstantial evidence, that when added up, points to him being the killer. The fact that the overwhelming majority of people are killed by those closest to them. The Amber Frey motive. The phone calls to Amber that show his mind isn't on Laci. Him saying that he is a widower and this will be his first Christmas alone on the phone to her. Talking about Laci in the past tense. The hair in the pliers. The internet search for currents in the SF bay. The concrete on his trailer. Her body being found in the SF bay.

I think that's the gist of the circumstantial evidence that got him convicted. They don't even know if the hair in the pliers is Laci's, so toss that out. The concrete thing is a ridiculous stretch, toss that out. The Amber Frey motive is weak. He is a cheater but how many cheaters are murderers? Talking about people in the past tense when they have gone missing is the biggest BS piece of evidence to me. We've all seen crime shows and we know what happens when people are missing. It's not out of left field to be scared and start talking about them past tense when they aren't around anymore. So you're almost just left with 3 main pieces. People being killed by those close to them. Scott acting like he doesn't care that Laci is dead and him saying he is a widower before Laci is killed. Now Scott is a pathological liar so was that just some goofy lie to told to get attention from Amber or was that him setting this whole thing up? I don't think Scott is so stupid that he thought he could get away with all that and be with Amber afterward. Surely she would know that Laci disappeared if her and Scott started a real relationship after. I think it was just a fling in Scott's eyes and he was just a shitty lying creep that would say anything for attention from women.

It's possible about the juror. I mean maybe he couldn't keep his trap shut but it doesn't seem like all the jurors felt the same way about him. I think in the next episode, a couple of jurors are going to get dismissed that were on the fence or leaning for the defense as well. I can't remember if I already said this or not but one thing that struck a chord with me on another show was that one of the jurors said "What kind of husband goes fishing on Christmas eve when his wife is two months away from delivering their baby?". Wtf kind of logic is that? As if Scott needs to stay at home and cuddle his wife for the next two months? If it was two days I can see the point, but IMO it's a juror that already has his mind made up that Scott is guilty so every little thing he does seems suspicious. Like how the police said Scott having the receipt from the bay was suspicious and not having a receipt from the gas station on the way home was also suspicious. What kind of logic is that?

Oh yeah the media is absolutely disgusting. It's crazy how 15 years later, they are still salivating over what happened the same way you would if you were reminiscing about that time you banged Mila Kunis years ago. They nothing more than parasites. They basically deem the guy guilty because it gets better ratings and then in the end the guy is left with a completely tainted jury and an awful unfair trial. They haven't a clue about the facts and they spin the facts to support their side. Which is why if you asked people on the street, nearly all of them would be 100% convinced that Scott did it because they think there was actual real evidence that he killed her when in fact, there's zero. The media are just as bad as prosecutors that put away innocent people to "win" or their own political gain. It's crazy how different the real evidence is from what you get from media outlets. Or how "Laci's hair was found intertwined in Scott's pliers" sounds much different from "It could be Laci's hair intertwined in Scott's pliers". People don't notice the "could" in that statement so they take a statement that means absolutely nothing and process it as an irrefutable fact. It's trickery by the media and prosecution.

He's been on death row since 2004.. sucks to be him. Cali made the death penalty unconstitutional like two year later.
Not so, in fact we just made a law that death penalties are to be carried out faster

I remember they made a made for tv movie about it while the trial was still going on. The thing made him look bad.

Anybody that thinks this asshole didn't commit the murder also probably thinks that Casey Anthony had nothing to do with her daughter's death. Give me a break.

can you go into detail about why you think this? Perhaps cite some of the evidence from the case itself or the trial.

4. Nancy Grace is a cunt. I don't think I've ever, even once, seen her argue if a person is innocent. She always assumes guilt and then attacks that person viciously. I've seen it happen in case after case after case. I hate that bitch so much.

I agree but I did not know her fiance had been murdered which drove her to get into criminal law and eventually a TV personality. That doesn't exactly vindicate her but I at empathise a little more than I did previously. She's still media scum whose influence I believe swayed this case and likely several others.

Innocent until proven guilty that's still a thing right?

I agree but I did not know her fiance had been murdered which drove her to get into criminal law and eventually a TV personality. That doesn't exactly vindicate her but I at empathise a little more than I did previously. She's still media scum whose influence I believe swayed this case and likely several others.

She's such a cunt that I can't feel any empathy for her, even after hearing what happened to her fiance. She has gotten back at the world by putting innocent people behind bars so I can't feel bad for her.

Yeah innocent until proven guilty is a joke. We all know it's the other way around.

As per Nancy Grace, she comes off as having a lack of critical reasoning skills and seems to base everything off of her emotions. She reminds me of a christian parent who can't fathom someone being atheist.

She is incredibly biased and lacks the ability to cover stories intelligently and without said bias. I cringe whenever I watch her. For someone who was intelligent enough to pass the bar exam, she surprisingly doesn't seem like an open minded, evenly tempered, fair individual.

I don't know much about her prosecution career, but I couldn't imagine her being a very good lawyer.

I empathize with her loss. But I don't think it makes up for her serious lack of credibility.

I always get this case confused with the Josh Powell case. That one was pretty big and even bigger here in Utah. Dude got off completely just because they never found the body, and then he kills his two kids and then himself. Sad world we live in.

I don't know much about her prosecution career, but I couldn't imagine her being a very good lawyer.
From wiki:

"While a prosecutor, Grace was reprimanded by the Supreme Court of Georgia for withholding evidence and for making improper statements in a 1997 arson and murder case. The court overturned the conviction in that case and found that Grace's behavior "demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness and was inexcusable." [9] As well, a 2005 federal appeals opinion by Judge William H. Pryor, Jr. found that Grace "played fast and loose" with core ethical rules in a 1990 triple murder case, including the withholding of evidence and allowing a police detective to testify falsely under oath. The 1990 murder conviction was upheld despite Grace's prosecutorial misconduct."

From wiki:

"While a prosecutor, Grace was reprimanded by the Supreme Court of Georgia for withholding evidence and for making improper statements in a 1997 arson and murder case. The court overturned the conviction in that case and found that Grace's behavior "demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness and was inexcusable." [9] As well, a 2005 federal appeals opinion by Judge William H. Pryor, Jr. found that Grace "played fast and loose" with core ethical rules in a 1990 triple murder case, including the withholding of evidence and allowing a police detective to testify falsely under oath. The 1990 murder conviction was upheld despite Grace's prosecutorial misconduct."
What a real piece of shit.

can you go into detail about why you think this? Perhaps cite some of the evidence from the case itself or the trial.

Nope, how about you do your own research and take a look at the case file that's readily available to look at. I'm not getting paid to present a case for you.

Last edited:
Finding out that Amber was calling Scott up to 9 times a day in some cases. Nearly all the calls he made were just return calls. The only calls they show you on TV or the media are the sketchy ones. The ones where he talks about how he loves and wants to find his missing wife are all omitted unless you go and dig for them. He kept up the same set of lies from before Laci's disappearance until after. Never acted like he was obsessed or in love with Amber. Basically just kept her at arms reach with lies to keep his game going on.

The media wants you to believe that he was obsessed with her and wanted Laci and the kid dead so they could be together. They want you to believe that he was constantly calling her while trying to get laid the second Laci disappeared. They also want you to believe that he called her halfway through the vigil for Laci, which also isn't true. Basically Amber was just a side piece that Scott kept on the line but he wasn't actively trying to meet her during this time.

The fact that this guy is on death row with zero evidence just goes to show how fucked our judicial system is. I am 100% for the death penalty but you simply cannot kill someone when you have zero evidence that they even committed a crime. This is one case where the burden of proof was placed squarely on the defense, which is ass backwards from how the law is supposed to work.

The prosecution couldn't prove that a homicide was committed but the defense couldn't prove it wasn't committed, therefore Scott did it. What?

She's such a cunt that I can't feel any empathy for her, even after hearing what happened to her fiance. She has gotten back at the world by putting innocent people behind bars so I can't feel bad for her.

Yeah innocent until proven guilty is a joke. We all know it's the other way around.

I believe her false accusations about a certain case caused a woman to kill herself as well.

I don't give a fuck about her past. She is pure evil.

Nope, how about you do your own research and take a look at the case file that's readily available to look at. I'm not getting paid to present a case for you.

Okay, that's pretty much what i thought

Back