The Murder Of Laci Peterson

These shows are made with the sole intention of making people think theres new evidence creating doubt in the original verdict. They're full of half truths and outright bullshit.
This. I was born and raised in Modesto and followed this closely and then I moved to Wisconsin and was there during the whole Steve Avery crap. All these shows do are exactly that; show some half truths just like Making a Murderer did. Just look at the title of "Making a Murderer", it plants doubt in everyone's mind and then stirs the public into a frenzy.

As far as Laci Peterson goes, as in most cases where a husband or wife is killed, it's almost always the spouse. To make matters worse, Laci Peterson was 7 or 8 months pregnant and Scott Peterson was legitimately having an affair with another woman while his wife was pregnant. Sorry, if the wife goes missing and you find out the husband is cheating and doesn't seem to care about his unborn child (the wife, you can understand to some degree), that certainly paints you as a heartless bastard. And then add the fact that he refused like a billion polygraph test requests certainly casts even more doubts. Include the fact that he told Amber Frey that his wife had just passed away and it would be his first Christmas without her....

With that said, it does appear as if everything was circumstantial but I was not in court and all we heard from the media then AND NOW all have a bias slant to it so you never know.

Lastly, laughing and smiling exactly 1 week after your wife goes missing AT A VIGIL held for your wife and refusing to speak at it, might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I know it made me FEEL like he was definitely behind it.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the death penalty decided mainly on character? Like, if he's remorseless, and takes no responsibility, for instance. At sentencing it is already assumed the convicted is guilty of the crime. I don't believe details of the case are supposed to be taken into consideration.

If that is the case, the death penalty for Scott Peterson is the appropriate punishment.

You're right, the sentencing is only handled after the verdict.

I was responding to a guy earlier who said that he felt like there was enough evidence to send Scott to prison for the rest of his life, but not enough to execute him.

Go take a look at post 48.

You are correct in that is NOT what the jury is told to consider. I served on a criminal jury. Just a 5 day case. But the judge instructs the jury to not worry about the punishment as that is up to the courts and the judge. The jury is only to consider innocent or guilty. You can't be "kind of guilty" or "probably I think he's guilty". It's a yes or no decision. Unless of course there are multiple counts against a person then you give a yes/no for each charge but that's another matter.

Right.

Either you're certain of the person's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt or you are not. It's that simple.

shit I've been watching the ABC two hour one on it. Guess I'll watch this on after to get the other side to it.

Either way this guy was way too calm about everything. I'd be freaking out and not sleeping if my wife was missing.

shit I've been watching the ABC two hour one on it. Guess I'll watch this on after to get the other side to it.

Either way this guy was way too calm about everything. I'd be freaking out and not sleeping if my wife was missing.
Not just the wife but an 8 month old unborn child. Dude was cheating on his wife, told his side piece that his wife was dead, after she goes missing, he refuses numerous polygraph tests, a week after wife is missing, a vigil is held and cameras catch him smiling and laughing and he would not speak at the vigil either. Again, maybe he disliked his wife but to not care or not show any care for his unborn child really makes it seem like maybe it was him

This is waaaaay better than the boring ABC one

he did it. c'mon, no one else had any motive or opportunity to kill her but her beloved husband and he's a huge douche asshole who was already saying she was dead to his side piece.

Watched the last episode
I remember hearing about the devil worshippers theory and the other dead women when the trial was going on
It would be crazy if thats what really happened to her
It was pretty frustrating to hear the cop just completely ignore the house burglar when he brought up Laci during questioning

One thing I was thinking about though
If that lady from the store was the one who got kidnapped and murdered instead of Laci, I doubt any of us would even know her name

I agree but I did not know her fiance had been murdered which drove her to get into criminal law and eventually a TV personality. That doesn't exactly vindicate her but I at empathise a little more than I did previously. She's still media scum whose influence I believe swayed this case and likely several others.

Innocent until proven guilty that's still a thing right?

Grace's boyfriend/fiance was murdered but that might have been a blessing for him instead of being married to that she devil.

I always assumed Scott was guilty but never really followed this. Seems the police intentionally leaked misinformation.

I doubt Scott was serious about Amber. He was using her. Telling a woman you just lost a wife or a girlfriend is a great panty dropper. Women want to fix broken men. Scott told Amber that before Laci disappeared. When she really did disappear, if he was involved he had to know Amber would be a huge liability because he told her what happened before it happened. If Scott just intended to leave Laci for Amber, Amber would soon find out that his wife didn't disappear. Either way his relationship with Amber was built on lies.

I assume that Amber, like all women, checked Scott's cellphone to see who he was calling.

The witnesses who saw a "very pregnant" woman walking a dog like Laci's in the area are discounted. The dog is rather distinctive and it wasn't just someone looking out a window. They were people driving down the street and noticed but said the police didn't seem interested in hearing what they saw.

The witness who saw a woman walking a dog being followed by 2 men was also ignored by police and the press as it didn't fit their scenario.

Maybe Scott had some woman walking the dog which suggests an accomplice which requires investigation. Maybe there was another pregnant woman walking a dog that day but it certainly seems that she would have come forward.

They say in the show that another body washed up in the area where Laci's body was found.

Temperatures in the Bay area were in the 50s that day so kind of cold for fishing to me but I know people who go out on ice in below zero weather to fish.

I guess I'll have to watch it all.

I believe her false accusations about a certain case caused a woman to kill herself as well.

I don't give a fuck about her past. She is pure evil.

Yeah she's a grade A Cunt for sure. The case you are talking about was a child went missing and the grieving mother came on her show and Nancy badgered her and blamed her for everything regarding the child's disappearance that the mother went home and committed suicide.

*Anchor

It's an unproven theory that he made multiple anchors.

He admitted he hid the boat. He claimed it was to surprise lacy's dad or

I can't remember anything about him trying to hide the boat. If he did, that's a pretty big deal, I'll admit.

As far as his irrational behavior goes, it could be that he was guilty. It could also be that he felt he was already tried and convicted in the media, and panicked. Still a very stupid move, regardless, as most people believe that innocent people don't run.

Thing is, there is more reasonable doubt to him not being the killer, and I don't know how anyone who wasn't influenced by the media, arrive at a guilty verdict. Simple logic, and timelines that don't add up, which can't be argued away, since they have absolutely no physical evidence against him.

The thing I'm most hung up on now, is the body disposal. Without dismemberment(which is what was argued), I find it a bit hard to believe that Scott was lugging this near 200lb(with anchors) sack of dead weight around. I personally think she was dismembered by whoever did it, but that doesn't fit prosecutions narrative, and would raise even more questions on how Scott did it, without leaving any traces of evidence behind.

He admitted he hid the boat. He claimed it was to surprise his dad.

Seriously, did you even watch the documentary? He's guilty as all hell and a habitual liar. It's no wonder why he was sentenced to death for the premeditated murder. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence and very strong

I don't know what you mean.

What I am saying is that it's dumb to say, "Well I don't feel comfortable convicting him with the death penalty in play but I would be okay with putting him in prison for the rest of his life."

Huh?

Either there is reasonable doubt or there is not. If there is, you should set him free. The sentence should have no bearing on the matter.

You don't understand the law. Most states have their own set of laws and how to apply them with sentencing. It's not about how strong guilt is that determines the death penalty or life. It's sentencing guidelines. Basically being convicted of premeditated murder (1st degree), is punishable by the death penalty. 2nd degree murder, crime of passion or event leading to death like a fight, or cheating spouse is normally not qualifying to get death but there's a check list of items attached to each to consider.

Guiltier than OJ. Put 40,000 volts through this miserable pos and while you're at it TS, give yourself a nice electric shock.

I hope nobody who knew Laci is reading this piece of shit thread.

This. I was born and raised in Modesto and followed this closely and then I moved to Wisconsin and was there during the whole Steve Avery crap. All these shows do are exactly that; show some half truths just like Making a Murderer did. Just look at the title of "Making a Murderer", it plants doubt in everyone's mind and then stirs the public into a frenzy.

As far as Laci Peterson goes, as in most cases where a husband or wife is killed, it's almost always the spouse. To make matters worse, Laci Peterson was 7 or 8 months pregnant and Scott Peterson was legitimately having an affair with another woman while his wife was pregnant. Sorry, if the wife goes missing and you find out the husband is cheating and doesn't seem to care about his unborn child (the wife, you can understand to some degree), that certainly paints you as a heartless bastard. And then add the fact that he refused like a billion polygraph test requests certainly casts even more doubts. Include the fact that he told Amber Frey that his wife had just passed away and it would be his first Christmas without her....

With that said, it does appear as if everything was circumstantial but I was not in court and all we heard from the media then AND NOW all have a bias slant to it so you never know.

Lastly, laughing and smiling exactly 1 week after your wife goes missing AT A VIGIL held for your wife and refusing to speak at it, might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I know it made me FEEL like he was definitely behind it.

polygraphs are notoriously wrong and that is why most of the time the judge doesn't allow them in court.

he wasn't lying, it WOULD BE his first christmas without her....

There was nothing directing him to the murder, other than 1. he is an apathetic douchebag 2. he was fishing in the spot she was dumped.

Truth is, whether or not he did it doesn't matter AT THIS POINT. The dude got a SHIT TRIAL. Plain and simple. the Jurors alone..jesus...what a joke. I'm all for the devil getting his due, but I take the court system very seriously. Everyone deserves a fair trial. Sure, some scumbags don't, but if they don't get one, what about someone who is innocent?

Guiltier than OJ. Put 40,000 volts through this miserable pos and while you're at it TS, give yourself a nice electric shock.

you must be an expert on the case

you must be an expert on the case
Id say the 12 people in the jury box were expert enough. I haven't heard anything that would make me doubt their constitutionally granted authority and expertise to decide on the defendants guilt or penalty.

Id say the 12 people in the jury box were expert enough. I haven't heard anything that would make me doubt their constitutionally granted authority and expertise to decide on the defendants guilt or penalty.

the jury box was rigged. one of the jurors lied on her question-are and others were caught talking about the case at the bar and talking about how "they can't wait to fry him".

that is disgusting. If you have jurors with ulterior motives coming in and basically robbing you of a fair trial, wouldn't you be upset?

You don't understand the law. Most states have their own set of laws and how to apply them with sentencing. It's not about how strong guilt is that determines the death penalty or life. It's sentencing guidelines. Basically being convicted of premeditated murder (1st degree), is punishable by the death penalty. 2nd degree murder, crime of passion or event leading to death like a fight, or cheating spouse is normally not qualifying to get death but there's a check list of items attached to each to consider.

This has nothing to do with my comment that you responded to.

You feelin froggy, bitch?

the jury box was rigged. one of the jurors lied on her question-are and others were caught talking about the case at the bar and talking about how "they can't wait to fry him".

that is disgusting. If you have jurors with ulterior motives coming in and basically robbing you of a fair trial, wouldn't you be upset?
Why wouldn't you want to fry a murderer? You know jurors have to be on board with the death penalty, right?

Back