The most controversial/banned books and how you rate them?

Luger

Rabbi of Platinum Nation
Banned
Reaction score
Lets dismiss the Bible, Quran... it just goes into a childish debate.

I was wondering about the other big ones, some heavy hitters, like:

1c391733cf.jpg

Have you ever actually read it? If so, what did you think about it?

A few others...

1404907720753261997.jpg

Huntercover.jpg

517fe1d2p8L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have read all of the above.
Mein Kampf... it was meh. Interesting to get to see the ideas of the guy.

The Turner Diaries was not too good.

Hunter was surprisingly well written and I was surprised that it was by the same author that wrote the awful Turner Diaries.

The Unabomber's book was really good. He makes some strong points but it is not fun reading it. I had to read it with some time away from the subject. It is really bleak but scary, as it makes sense.

So... what other books are there, that you may have read?

Shit's gonna get you red flagged by the NSA with the quickness

This one isn't a book but it is a highly controversial political writing, it's called "distortions at fourth hand". It got Noam Chomsky in trouble for "sympathizing with Pol Pot" but I feel that that was blown way out of proportion.
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/19770625.htm

Makes a thread about most banned books.

"Lets dismiss the Bible"

Disqualifies the HW Champion of banned books.

Read Mein Kampf it was interesting as it gives a lot of background into the nazi mindset.

The unabomber was kind of a shocker considering that he does makes a lot of sense, psycho smart is the most scary of all.

Read Mein Kampf it was interesting as it gives a lot of background into the nazi mindset.

The unabomber was kind of a shocker considering that he does makes a lot of sense, psycho smart is the most scary of all.

Two good reviews for the Unabomber? I may have to read his stuff.

Two good reviews for the Unabomber? I may have to read his stuff.

No one ever accused Ted of being dumb. Haven't read the book but I am sure it is interesting.

What books are banned in America?

The American Library Association, specifically the Office of Intellectual Freedom, has since 1990 maintained a list of books that have at some point in history been banned or censored in the United States (though none of the titles below are banned today).[2]

Candide[3]
The Canterbury Tales[3]
Catch-22[4]
The Decameron[3]
Fanny Hill[5]
The Federal Mafia[6]
The Grapes of Wrath[7]
Homo Sapiens, withdrawn from sale by the publisher after being labeled obscene.[8]
Lady Chatterley's Lover[9]
The Meritorious Price of Our Redemption[10]
Moll Flanders[11]
My Life and Loves[12]
Naked Lunch[13]
Operation Dark Heart[14]
Tropic of Cancer[15]
Ulysses[16]
Uncle Tom's Cabin[17]
United States – Vietnam Relations: 1945–1967[18]
Women in Love[3]

The American Library Association, specifically the Office of Intellectual Freedom, has since 1990 maintained a list of books that have at some point in history been banned or censored in the United States (though none of the titles below are banned today).

So what books are banned in America?

He just answered your question. I know you are trying to make some sort of point, or maybe trying to score some sort of point, but it's unnecessary, obviously.

I was just refering to the thread title. I'm not American so I don't know/don't really care if wether or not books are actually banned in the states.

This is one of the few times I actually find jack funny

Are you fucking serious? I posted in my quote from wiki the answer and you just fucking quoted me in BOLD right where the answer was.
None. I'm not the motherfucker who ever said any are banned.

I explicitly posted the answer to your question and you ask it again???

Are you fucking serious? I posted in my quote from wiki the answer and you just fucking quoted me in BOLD right where the answer was.
None. I'm not the motherfucker who ever said any are banned.

I explicitly posted the answer to your question and you ask it again???

Chill. I asked what books are banned in America, and apparently you don't know of any. Neither do I.

I enjoyed mein kampf.

Towards the end he tended to repeat himself...but I thought he had many valid points.

The manifesto by ted kazinski was pretty damn interesting. ..I didn't think it was the work of an insane man.

I enjoyed mein kampf.

Towards the end he tended to repeat himself...but I thought he had many valid points.

And I wasn't surprised to find out that the jewish butler did it.

Sorry, that was a bad joke even by my standards. It's late.

About books banned in the US:

From what I've gathered there are some that are banned on a local level, from certain stores or libraries or schools. Apparently there's one book called The Federal Mafia by Irwin Schiff that's kinda banned nationwide (read more about it in the links).

http://airshipdaily.com/blog/01212014-11-books-banned-today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Schiff

Back