Crime Florida county bans the dictionary.

Oh, and @Mr Holmes thanks for the reveal that you believe someone who tells you you have been reported. That's fucking precious; it tickles me in so many ways I may not sleep tonight.

More MAGAts on reading:

Like how only like 4 or 5 people had a believable answer to favorite book.

Just screams who is terminally online.

Meanwhile in Miami-Dade County, Rick Scott appointee and political lobbyist arrested for embezzling school money:

This is a woman who advocated prayer in school and said students should pray as opposed to seeking counseling. The whole time pilfering more than $100k from the school district budget during her time as Vice Chair. It's funny how in a State where they sing the praises of dismantling public education in favor of voucher programs, public money isnt good enough to educate children in secular institutions, but it is good enough for their pockets.

Meanwhile in Miami-Dade County, Rick Scott appointee and political lobbyist arrested for embezzling school money:

This is a woman who advocated prayer in school and said students should pray as opposed to seeking counseling. The whole time pilfering more than $100k from the school district budget during her time as Vice Chair. It's funny how in a State where they sing the praises of dismantling public education in favor of voucher programs, public money isnt good enough to educate children in secular institutions, but it is good enough for their pockets.

I'm probably more supportive of school choice than most Democrats but it is true that down here in Florida we have some scumbag politicians like this.

I'm probably more supportive of school choice than most Democrats but it is true that down here in Florida we have some scumbag politicians like this.
I think private schools should be eliminated entirely, but then I don't have kids either.
Edit: I realize having posted that that school choice doesn't necessarily mean choice of private schools. If that was not your intent, disregard my comment.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what school choice has to do with proliferation of scumbag politicians. Care to clarify?

I think private schools should be eliminated entirely, but then I don't have kids either.
Edit: I realize having posted that that school choice doesn't necessarily mean choice of private schools. If that was not your intent, disregard my comment.
Banning private schools would be a bit of an extreme policy I think.

When I say school choice I mean allowing charter schools.
On the other hand, I'm not sure what school choice has to do with proliferation of scumbag politicians. Care to clarify?
The politician in the post I quoted is a school choice advocate but also corrupt.

Banning private schools would be a bit of an extreme policy I think.

When I say school choice I mean allowing charter schools.

The politician in the post I quoted is a school choice advocate but also corrupt.
I agree it's extreme and it's never going to happen but it would be the right thing to do, IMO. There is very clear evidence which shows that when classrooms are not segregated along class lines, all students do better.

But again, I have no kids and won't be having any in this lifetime, I'd bet, so as a non-stake holder I expect my opinion to be worth precisely
jack-squat.gif

Florida funds private schools with my tax dollars, but here is the crazy part they are not regulated and end up being a grift for political donors.
They have teachers who do not even have a High School diplomas teaching. There has been many instances of them taking money for building and then not building.
It is so full of fraud.
I will give Desantis credit for one thing, that dude takes great care of his largest donors. The Moms for Threesomes lady is still on the Disney board(she is still on the Sarasota School board but that is an elected position), when Desantis replaced all the Disney board members for Reedy Creek. Then Big Donor Friendly DeSantis gave all the new board members a giant fucking raise. All the people he appointed to the board are donors or family of donors. Desantis did the same thing with New College when he replaced the board, stuffed it with Donors or associates of donors and gave them all a fat raise.
The great thing about America for a politician is it is filled with emotional dummies. Meatball Ron knew what to say to win them over and now can divert tax dollars anywhere he wants and those same dummies either wont care or will willingly ignore his corruption.
Final note on Moms for Threesomes lady, is Desantis should have fired her, from the Disney board, but did not. The Moms for Threesome lady and her husband were great friends with Desantis and his wife. Conspiracy 44Nutman thinks she was not fired because there might be video of her and her swinger husband, wife swapping with Meatball Ron.

Ron's guy gets 700k for being President of New College which has 700 students. Fired Woke President of New College, Big Donor Desantis fired was making 300k a year. BTW my taxes are trickling up to Friends of Meatball.

Who would have thought Rick Scott would appoint someone that would end up embezzling money. Rick Scott is a stand-up guy and would never emb...... Oh, wait.

Florida funds private schools with my tax dollars, but here is the crazy part they are not regulated and end up being a grift for political donors.
They have teachers who do not even have a High School diplomas teaching. There has been many instances of them taking money for building and then not building.
It is so full of fraud.
I will give Desantis credit for one thing, that dude takes great care of his largest donors. The Moms for Threesomes lady is still on the Disney board(she is still on the Sarasota School board but that is an elected position), when Desantis replaced all the Disney board members for Reedy Creek. Then Big Donor Friendly DeSantis gave all the new board members a giant fucking raise. All the people he appointed to the board are donors or family of donors. Desantis did the same thing with New College when he replaced the board, stuffed it with Donors or associates of donors and gave them all a fat raise.
The great thing about America for a politician is it is filled with emotional dummies. Meatball Ron knew what to say to win them over and now can divert tax dollars anywhere he wants and those same dummies either wont care or will willingly ignore his corruption.
Final note on Moms for Threesomes lady, is Desantis should have fired her, from the Disney board, but did not. The Moms for Threesome lady and her husband were great friends with Desantis and his wife. Conspiracy 44Nutman thinks she was not fired because there might be video of her and her swinger husband, wife swapping with Meatball Ron.

Ron's guy gets 700k for being President of New College which has 700 students. Fired Woke President of New College, Big Donor Desantis fired was making 300k a year. BTW my taxes are trickling up to Friends of Meatball.

Because privatization is so much more efficient. It's working out swimmingly for the Prison system as well

Merriam Webster has been on a role:

First adding this to define racism "“It is both prejudice combined with social and institutional power. It is a system of advantage based on skin color.”"

Then Defining "Woke" as: “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

Lol at calling Merriam Webster's take for kids "The dictionary"
What are your definitions for those words

Back