The median age of UFC television viewer is 49 years old

I’m 21 and all the people I know who watch mma stream it

War 49 year olds. The perfect age to be full of bitterness and hate, but still spry enough to shed blood. War nearly 50 year olds.

Exactly! What 20 year old living in his dorm had the $300 bucks for a premium cable subscription or the $65 for a PPV? All you have to do is know the right websites and you can watch anything. Young kids are much smarter - in certain ways atleast - than the older generation that got conned into serfdom and soft slavery.
Imagine paying for a product, that's slavery alright!

Exactly! What 20 year old living in his dorm had the $300 bucks for a premium cable subscription or the $65 for a PPV? All you have to do is know the right websites and you can watch anything. Young kids are much smarter - in certain ways atleast - than the older generation that got conned into serfdom and soft slavery.
LOL
Yeah streaming never existed before 2010, amiright?

Makes sense. We were around to watch the dream become reality.

And then turn into a shit show farce of a promotion.

Get rid of that Nickleback song that starts the show. I was a teen when nu metal was big and it was a turn off then I can only imagine what younger people think when the show they are checking out starts with some hardcore butt rock.

The audience for TV generally is in that age range. I don't know a single person under 40 who has cable.

Not shocked by the number. Many who started following this in it's early days have stuck with it. That initial age group would have been in the early to mid 20s. Which would put them now at the mid40s to 50s which is where I place. People have come and gone over the years following the UFC. Some lose the patience for it when there isn't enough bloody all out brawls for their taste. That's what many in the 18-30 range look for. They look for the personalities. They look for the trash talkers and heel types. The older fanbase typically have a more stable income at their age will spend the money more readily to follow the sport. All this is what the UFC should've known long ago. Identify creative ways to expand their fanbase and be able to hold them and not lose them when someone like Brock leaves or like when Conor becomes inactive.
I believe they are far more interested in producing metric shit-tons of cheap content they can license to media companies all around the world, the more the better. They aren't concerned about quality over quantity anymore, and haven't been for years.

<{clintugh}>
Not for me.
In 2010? When every stream was running on Macromedia Flash almost exclusively?

HTML5 based streams (DASH), and thus high resolution streams, became common during the years after 2010.

In 2010? When every stream was running on Macromedia Flash almost exclusively?

HTML5 based streams, and thus high resolution streams, became common during the years after 2010.
I guess it depends upon what you mean by high resolution. Relative to the equipment upon which it was being displayed at the time, it was just fine. In any case, I was streaming long before that, and as long as you can see a punch land, does it really matter if you see the pores in the skin on his face as it does?

I guess it depends upon what you mean by high resolution. Relative to the equipment upon which it was being displayed at the time, it was just fine.
Yeah, I just realized high resolution can be interpreted in many ways. I'm too Asperger for this shit.

Back