The GSP/Bisping bout proves once and for all

• Thread starter Deleted member 436105
  • Start date
lol are you kidding?

Ducked Jones & Shogun but gladly fought tailor made oppnents like Forrest/Bonnar. Not to mention Irvin.
Wanted to fight GSP while declining to fight Jones because he was in a "different weight class" (yes, that was one of his excuses).
Ducked Weidman hard in 2012.
Didn't even want to rematch Sonnen.
He fought Cormier when he had absolutely nothing to lose. When he was at the top he actually tried to avoid bad style match-ups.
He moved up from 170 lbs because he got bigger himself. He wasn't actually fighting bigger opponents.
Anderson is far, very far from being one of the ballsiest fighters of his time.

Am I kidding? Silva moved up one weight class and complete dominated like no one else in his time. He even took fights in another. And you say "Anderson Silva is worse though. Far worse." than GSP?

Having him move up to 205 to fight the Giant Jones is really stretching it. There is probably no 170 pounder that could move up and fight Jones competitively at 205. Yes some could move up to 185 and do well, but NONE (this far) as well as Silva did. I would have loved to see a catch-weight fight between Jones and Silva somewhere half way between their weight classes. That could have been competitive.

GSP has yet to even move up one weight class much less 2 like Silva did. In that respect. Silva absolutely DESTROYS GSP.

Am I kidding? Silva moved up one weight class and complete dominated like no one else in his time. He even took fights in another. And you say "Anderson Silva is worse though. Far worse." than GSP?

Having him move up to 205 to fight the Giant Jones is really stretching it. There is probably no 170 pounder that could move up and fight Jones competitively at 205. Yes some could move up to 185 and do well, but NONE (this far) as well as Silva did. I would have loved to see a catch-weight fight between Jones and Silva somewhere half way between their weight classes. That could have been competitive.

GSP has yet to even move up one weight class much less 2 like Silva did. In that respect. Silva absolutely DESTROYS GSP.

Both guys are cherry picking their matchups and i'm ok with that.....GSP is being a bit braver in calling out the champ though who happens to be a guy who beat Silva. Not in his wildest dreams was Anderson calling out Jon Jones.....even when Jon Jones was green. Much in the same way GSP didn't want to fight Anderson. I think both guys are smart for doing that. In fact I don't think you get to accomplish what they accomplished without playing politics a little bit.

Does Anderson beat GSP? When? Now? GSP might beat old man Anderson now.

Back in their primes? At 185 Anderson probably took it and at 170 GSP smashed him. Anderson fought as low as 167 lbs but he would not come down in weight to face Georges and GSP would not go up to fight him at 185. And i'll say that GSP had a MUCH better chance of winning at 170 than Anderson did at 185.

Shame on...

MM for not challenging Cruz
Cruz for not challenging Aldo
Aldo for not challenging...wait, he did, but Conor wants to box Floyd
Conor for not challenging Woodley
Woodley for not challenging Bisping...wait, he did
Bisping for not challenging Cormier
Cormier for not challenging Stipe

Again he moved up because he got bigger, not because he wanted an extra challenge. When he fought at MW he wasn't fighting bigger men. In fact he was one of the biggest MW's himself back then.

Let Nogueira tell you:

“He’s a big guy, man,” said Noguiera. He’s almost my size. He’s like 210 now and he’s all muscle so he won’t have a problem at 205. He’s very strong; he works a lot with the weights. He’s much stronger now than the first time I met him. We started training together in 2002. He was like a real 185 then, but now he can be 205 easy. He can fight both 185 and 205. He can switch easy, no problem.”

Calling him a 170 pounder when he was in the UFC is ridiculous.

He moved up to 205 and fought 2 low tier fighters and an ex-champion who was tailor made for him. But when it came to Shogun or Jones he just wanted no part of it. He wanted GSP instead, even when he was higher regarded than GSP p4p and GSP had not proven himself at 185. That fight was completely useless fight-wise for Silva.

He also tried to avoid fighters in his own division.

GSP just did a cheap move, but he doesn't come close to being the opportunist Silva was.

Depends on how you look at it. George's said along time ago if he ever fought MW he would do it right and put the weight on and see how it felt.

I believe that's what he's been doing and is now comfortable with the weight he performs best at heavier and bisping just so happens to be middle weight champ.

If Anderson still was that's who he'd be fighting or Romero etc.

win or lose he can still fight anderson,it aint like anderson got anything better to do than to wait.

GSP just did a cheap move, but he doesn't come close to being the opportunist Silva was.
Being an opportunist in the fight game? seems smart to me.

pretty sure bispin (even though i hate him) knocked out rockhold ( a guy everyone was saying is unstopable, and a guy that fucked up weidman, who is probably one of the most solid dudes in ufc ever)

This is not easy fight for GSP, and I wouldnt be surprised if Bisping smacks him up

God damnit!!...Whose turn was it to watch U O E N O?

I swear I only turned my back for like 10 seconds! I went to answer my phone in the other room and when I came back he was hitting "Create Thread".

Jesus these GSP hate threads aren't even legible. I'm not reading that wall of shit.

It's a nice way to say cherry picker.
So?
Fighters are offered fights,they take the ones they want. Not sure if you are aware.

I'm assuming you are trying to use a Middle English or early modern English phrasing of "Come at me", but this was a disaster.

Middle English verb declension would go like this:
I come
You/Thou comest
He/she/it cometh

In an imperative sentence, the implied subject is You. Furthermore, you should use me instead of thy, which as a second personal genitive pronoun is incompletely out of place here.

It should have read, "Comest at me". So you got the verb wrong and you got the pronoun wrong in a simple three word sentence.

How many times were you stuffed in a locker during HS geek?

So, Anderson Silva should be removed from GOAT status too, because he clearly ducked Jon Jones, right?
Anderson was removed when he became a proven juice monster.

Back