The GSP/Bisping bout proves once and for all

• Thread starter Deleted member 436105
  • Start date
GSP - 5'10" 170 Welterweight
Silva - 6'2 185 Middleweight

Yeah, total duck by GSP....

Why so much drama about GSP vs Silva. Silva is a lot bigger ~10cm, has reach advantage. I don't really belieave that GSP would want to fight that guy. GSP fighting at middleweight is a huge mistake.

GSP fought the guys who were put in front of him. I don't remember a contract to fight Anderson being out there and GSP refusing to sign.

GSP was the WW champ and defended the WW title. He is no longer the WW champ and is in a different situation now.

Difference. Back then GSP was a champ on a winning streak, wanting to defend his belt. Now he is a guy coming back from a 4 years hiatus, looking for big fights to had to his resume.

If you can't see the difference then there's not much one can do to explain it to you.

Gsp asked for 6 months to bulk up if that was made..now hes had years
End thread

Anderson Silva is worse though. Far worse.

How? He moved up from 170. Took the belt at 185. Even moved up another weight class to take some fights at 205. IMO Silva was one of the more ballsier fighters during his time.

I think Anderson would have been an easier fight stylistically. I don't know if GSP can take Bisping down at will, especially not the old version of GSP. Anderson he would easily have taken down. And I don't believe even though Andersons BJJ is good he could have done much from the bottom except get back guard/half guard and hold on.

I am furious with BIsping. Really hate his ducking but dont get why I should blame GSP?

GSP is nowadays a small WW and facing Bisping (legit Top7-9 MW fighter) is a tough deal with the potential to completely get outclassed and put a shadow over his whole career. Bisping is much bigger than GSP. Sure , a fight against Bisping for the title is a joke as his first fight back from retirement but the opponent in itself takes big balls.

GSP never fought at MW and he will give up his strenght advantage.
I do see BIsping as a clear favourite for this fight. Would have loved to see GSP make a run at 155 (GSP vs. Aldo YES!) or maybe again at WW with opponents like Maia, Gunnar ..etc. MW imo is just not possible for him to be competitive with the Top10. But hey maybe he surprises me.

If GSPs knees are as shot as they were back against Hendricks and Condit I dont give him a chance against Bisping. If he really has his a game back regarding takedowns he may cruise to a ud but think about that Chael had a very hard time to get BIsping down.

I do think stylewise Bisping is a harder fight than Silva back then.

Last edited:
TROOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!
goncalves_gif.gif

GSP is walking contradiction.

Claims he's too small for Anderson and now wants to fight the weakest MW champ since Evan Tanner in Bisping.

Claims he cares about the fighters with the MMAAA, then screws over both Jacare and Yoel by jumping the line.

Never says anything about PEDs during his entire career, then starts making noise before the Hendricks fight when he knew it was going to be his last fight before his break.

Georges is a fraud.

How? He moved up from 170. Took the belt at 185. Even moved up another weight class to take some fights at 205. IMO Silva was one of the more ballsier fighters during his time.

Are you kidding?

Ducked Jones & Shogun but gladly fought tailor made opponents like Forrest/Bonnar. Not to mention Irvin.
Wanted to fight GSP while declining to fight Jones because he was in a "different weight class" (yes, that was one of his excuses).
Ducked Weidman hard in 2012. Tried to fight Bisping instead (back when Bisping was not as highly regarded as he is today).
Didn't even want to rematch Sonnen.
He did fight Cormier but he had absolutely nothing to lose at that point. When he was at the top he actually tried to avoid bad style match-ups.
He moved up from 170 lbs because he got bigger himself. He wasn't actually fighting bigger opponents.

Anderson is far, very far from being one of the ballsiest fighters of his time.

Last edited:
Cometh at thy

I'm assuming you are trying to use a Middle English or early modern English phrasing of "Come at me", but this was a disaster.

Middle English verb declension would go like this:
I come
You/Thou comest
He/she/it cometh

In an imperative sentence, the implied subject is You. Furthermore, you should use me instead of thy, which as a second personal genitive pronoun is incompletely out of place here.

It should have read, "Comest at me". So you got the verb wrong and you got the pronoun wrong in a simple three word sentence.

how much of a fraud GSP always was and why he should be removed from GOAT status. It's clear as day now that he's moving up he ducked Silva heavy. Both men in their primes and cleaning out their divisions but GSP always dodged and used every excuse. Comes back now and picks the most favorable matchup at MW(and he still may get smashed) Let's get into the obvious of him running when 170 got hot. I don't buy this I'm mad UFC isn't testing bullshit. Dudes have been cheating since this sport existed so it wasn't some revelation or epidemic when GSP took a stand. His first come back and the three fights that followed was the hardest fights he's ever had. Took the most amount of damage ever, esp the Hendricks fight. He made a living laying on one dimensional fighters. The second he's not dominant he tucks his tail and runs. I have no respect for GSP as a fighter. I have no respect for these new owners who are dead set on being the real version of WWE. Championships are a complete joke. And I hope Jacare demands his release so he can get paid in Bellator

Cometh at thy

Drops mic
Silvia ducked jones but fought Forrest. Stfu noob

Ts is a bonified shertard

He's coming back from 4 years for a mw strap makes him less than being a GOAT fighter, OK little boy. Isn't the goal in sports to be number 1, hell he's fighting billing, the guy who beat Anderson silva

how much of a fraud GSP always was and why he should be removed from GOAT status. It's clear as day now that he's moving up he ducked Silva heavy. Both men in their primes and cleaning out their divisions but GSP always dodged and used every excuse. Comes back now and picks the most favorable matchup at MW(and he still may get smashed) Let's get into the obvious of him running when 170 got hot. I don't buy this I'm mad UFC isn't testing bullshit. Dudes have been cheating since this sport existed so it wasn't some revelation or epidemic when GSP took a stand. His first come back and the three fights that followed was the hardest fights he's ever had. Took the most amount of damage ever, esp the Hendricks fight. He made a living laying on one dimensional fighters. The second he's not dominant he tucks his tail and runs. I have no respect for GSP as a fighter. I have no respect for these new owners who are dead set on being the real version of WWE. Championships are a complete joke. And I hope Jacare demands his release so he can get paid in Bellator

Cometh at thy

Drops mic
You're still gonna watch.

GSP never ducked. Dana scrapped the plans altogether and was close to cut Silva. Then GSP had to face new group of top contenders with crazy win streaks while Silva was fighting easier opponents like Okami and Bonnar.
I know that and you know that but I keep seeing clowns on here claiming he did

Back