The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

So much better to eat bulls as veals after a brief confined existence of 4 months instead.

veal-crate-calf.jpg

Don't care, Veal is delicious.

Hes trying to defend, trying to counter argue.
Scary mentality

You are trying to claim that Spain is a shitty country, i can tell you however that its far better country than whatever hellhole you emigrated from.

YAhh he kinda said it like that cause he knew his people treat women worse them most treat animals.

lol.

Sure as hell is a better alternative than sending them over to get raped by an old man, as is quite common in that region of the world.

What is a better alternative? Voluntarily letting a young girl sleep naked with an old man under the assumption that he is not "fiddling" with her?? WTF???

Did you know that Gandhi's personal secretary, R.P. Parasuram, separated from him after sending a long letter of indictment based on Parasuram's first-hand observations of Gandhi's untoward relationships with young girls (one of whom was Gandhi's own niece)?

Your defense of this religious crack-pot's illicit behavior makes you sound like a crazy person.

Anyone still defend bull fighting?

"Bull kills itself after horns set on fire at Spanish fiesta."
The link and story you posted was discussed here about a year ago. A couple of things. The flames on the bull's horn did not reach the animal. Animals do not commit suicide, there may be few exceptions, usually brought on by humans. The bull most likely got confused and thought the pole was a person when it attacked it. It was nighttime.

Sure as hell is a better alternative than sending them over to get raped by an old man, as is quite common in that region of the world.

I just have to laugh at people who think that their moral sense in a fluffy Western society is better, compared to men who lived in 19th century South Africa and India. You think those countries are bad now? Think of how bad they were 100 years ago.

For his time, within the sphere that he operated in, Gandhi was about as good as it gets. People can nit-pick the questionable parts about their life, sure, but it's ludicrous for people to act as if they would've been any better.

Gandhi was no Mother Teresa, you believe me.....

"Bull kills itself after horns set on fire at Spanish fiesta."
The link and story you posted was discussed here about a year ago. A couple of things. The flames on the bull's horn did not reach the animal. Animals do not commit suicide, there may be few exceptions, usually brought on by humans. The bull most likely got confused and thought the pole was a person when it attacked it. It was nighttime.

Nice defense of the most barbaric of events.....

Nice defense of the most barbaric of events...

Did I say I defended bull fighting? My understanding is that the meat from the bull goes for sale for consumption. Where do you think beef in the U.S. comes from?

But didnt Gandhi also believe it is cool to burn wives alive if their husbands die?

Did I say I defended bull fighting? My understanding is that the meat from the bull goes for sale for consumption. Where do you think beef in the U.S. comes from?

U.S. cattle farms....

I don't understand why so many of you are pointing out Gandhi's own ethical failings as if that makes his statement any less valid. It could be a quote from Hitler himself and it'd still ring true.

Two facts can not be denied:
Factory farming is unethical
Factory farming is a necessity if modern humans want to eat meat

Plenty of meateaters are sympathetic to the plight (myself included), but there are no easy solutions. There just isnt enough space for ethically grown livestock grazing. That can only exist as a niche alternative for a small population that is willing to pay more but would be impossible to scale up to feed 300 million Americans. Hunting as an alternative is a laughable solution. To give you an example, my state of NJ has a deer overpopulation problem right now with ~200k wild deer. Now imagine if the 9 million residents decided to hunt them for dinner, how long will that last? Factory farming is the ONLY way to feed a population of this size meat.

But even factory farming cant accommodate for the 7 billion people globally; many of whom are acquiring first world tastes and appetites.

This is why veganism must be pushed as a solution and viable alternative. Otherwise we will have no choice.

Well, people need to eat. Maybe he should have told the people in his country to have some self control and stop fucking because Indian population is a literal disease on the planet’s resources. Think about the billions of chickens that have been murdered because Indians can’t stop shooting loads every 8 seconds.

Back