The Greatest Of All Time. There is none.

s-l300.jpg

GOATS

Well i have been watching MMA/NHB for 23 years, since 1993...with UFC, Pancrase, Pride era and even K-1...to this point Fedor Emilanneko is the best skilled fighter i have ever seen. Jon Jones was second, and he was almost overtaking Fedor for me. These (GOAT) arguments are obviously pointless when trying to objectify them, they are merely from an individuals point of view.
Agreed

for now looks like its GSP but we'll see what happens to him on his return fight

GSP asterisk'd his legacy by not rematching Hendricks and vanishing under USADA.

Sucks, but that's how it is.

Meaningless argument anyway.
I doubt thats the case, but imagine how sneaky that would be. The fighter who campaigned for the strict drug testing takes years off to get clean once it gets implemented. In todays world I wouldnt be surprised

I hate to be the crazy fedor fan but I dont see a good argument against him. Any way you look at it hes the GOAT. If you take him in his prime against the other "GOATS" in discussion, GSP, Anderson, Jones, Conor, Aldo, DJ, who there would he not beat? Only ones that could possibly be argued are Jones and Anderson, both of whom tested positive for steroids. Fedor never did. Even without steroids in the discussion most people have Fedor winning anyway. He also beat FIVE former UFC HW champions and was undefeated for a decade AT HW. Its pretty inarguable at this point.
fedor fought literal bums dude "b-b-but this guy was ranked #4 at the time!!" who gives a fook lad HW has always been the slowest and least talented division out there. and PEDs? fedor fought in an org that 1) didnt test 2) encouraged peds 3) had fixed fights

i wont even talk about the fact that the man couldnt ever win 3 straight in america LOL because then id know youd throw a hissy fit about "out of prime", but hey maybe if youre so severely passed your prime at 34, you were never that good. longevity counts son.

GSP asterisk'd his legacy by not rematching Hendricks and vanishing under USADA.

Sucks, but that's how it is.

Meaningless argument anyway.
that could be GSPs asterisk and it still wouldnt even come close to the asterisks attached to the careers of fedor/anderson/jones

Op must have been a jones supporter for the goat spot and hated on others for roids.

If you think roids are a disqualifier than goat is between gsp and aldo at this point.

fedor fought literal bums dude "b-b-but this guy was ranked #4 at the time!!" who gives a fook lad HW has always been the slowest and least talented division out there. and PEDs? fedor fought in an org that 1) didnt test 2) encouraged peds 3) had fixed fights

i wont even talk about the fact that the man couldnt ever win 3 straight in america LOL because then id know youd throw a hissy fit about "out of prime", but hey maybe if youre so severely passed your prime at 34, you were never that good. longevity counts son.
You do make valid points. If you look at many of Fedors early wins he fought guys with more losses than wins.

that could be GSPs asterisk and it still wouldnt even come close to the asterisks attached to the careers of fedor/anderson/jones
Depends on who you ask.

GOAT debates are the shittiest type of not just MMA but sports argument in general.

Op must have been a jones supporter for the goat spot and hated on others for roids.

Goat is between gsp and aldo at this point.
No. Sorry. I am actually a Machida supporter. I like Jones but he is black

It wasnt when fedor cemented his status as goat

The UFC is the premier league which follows the standardised rules of modern MMA... including drug testing ... anything outside these rules is basically value Tudo.. be it Fedor, rickson or helio ..

If GSP returns and beats Bisping then it's clearly got to be GSP. If not then I'd say it's still a toss up between GSP and Fedor, but I'd lean towards Fedor.

I would've never imagined that there would come a time where Bisping is the endboss on the road to becoming GOAT.

The UFC is the premier league which follows the standardised rules of modern MMA... including drug testing ... anything outside these rules is basically value Tudo.. be it Fedor, rickson or helio ..

When fedor cemented his status as the greatest, the ufc didnt have a stranglehold on mma like it does today. Especially for the hw division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back