The Greatest Of All Time. There is none.

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Many will read the title and respond right away "FEDOR!" or whoever, that's expected, those who are intelligent will read the whole thing and actually discuss. To those I commend.

The GOAT argument to me is silly as the sport is over 20 years old and we have changed the "GOAT" 350 times. A fighter can beat any other fighter any day as styles make fights among many other things. My point being how can we have an official GOAT when their are so many different factors that contribute?
Sure the outstanding resume and how they dominate should be considered... but rarely (until now) did we consider the purity of the fighters skill. Is he defeating his opponents with his God given natural ability, or is he artificially enhancing his tools to win?

Thats why the GOAT discussion is just as invalid as the pound for pound discussion. Nobody can agree on 1 fighter. Not to mention unless the fighter is in the "UFC" do they seem to qualify for the "GOAT" discussion. There very well could be a fighter out there with the all NATURAL born skill that would make Jon Jones or even a prime Anderson Silva look average... but will not be considered because they are not yet on the big stage in front of the masses.

In UFC I'm leaning towards GSP. Clean time logged and wins.

No dude, everyone knows it's Fedor. Just look at any poll

Well we know who it's not.

<mma1>

Being GOAT in my book you have to show diversity. Overcome obstacles. Maybe even taking a few backsteps and losses to reevaluate yourself.
There can never be an universally applicable GOAT, because every fan has different standards.

For me a GOAT should be at least good if not very good at every aspect of mma. Winning a title. Facing different challenges (moving up in weight, changing game plans, fighting out of your comfort zone)

If GSP returns and beats Bisping then it's clearly got to be GSP. If not then I'd say it's still a toss up between GSP and Fedor, but I'd lean towards Fedor.

Well i have been watching MMA/NHB for 23 years, since 1993...with UFC, Pancrase, Pride era and even K-1...to this point Fedor Emilanneko is the best skilled fighter i have ever seen. Jon Jones was second, and he was almost overtaking Fedor for me. These (GOAT) arguments are obviously pointless when trying to objectify them, they are merely from an individuals point of view.

Fedor ... no

Sorry you can't be goat of MMA and not fight in the UFC ... forget the politics... Its the most iconic promotion... the NFL of MMA

GSP asterisk'd his legacy by not rematching Hendricks and vanishing under USADA.

Sucks, but that's how it is.

Meaningless argument anyway.

Fedor

/thread
af98c-this.gif

If you say Fedor you might as well say Rickson ..

Last edited:
I hate to be the crazy fedor fan but I dont see a good argument against him. Any way you look at it hes the GOAT. If you take him in his prime against the other "GOATS" in discussion, GSP, Anderson, Jones, Conor, Aldo, DJ, who there would he not beat? Only ones that could possibly be argued are Jones and Anderson, both of whom tested positive for steroids. Fedor never did. Even without steroids in the discussion most people have Fedor winning anyway. He also beat FIVE former UFC HW champions and was undefeated for a decade AT HW. Its pretty inarguable at this point.

I hate to be the crazy fedor fan but I dont see a good argument against him. Any way you look at it hes the GOAT. If you take him in his prime against the other "GOATS" in discussion, GSP, Anderson, Jones, Conor, Aldo, DJ, who there would he not beat? Only ones that could possibly be argued are Jones and Anderson, both of whom tested positive for steroids. Fedor never did. Even without steroids in the discussion most people have Fedor winning anyway. He also beat FIVE former UFC HW champions and was undefeated for a decade AT HW. Its pretty inarguable at this point.
Rickson beat every value Tudo challenger in the 70s and 80s and was still fighting in 2000..

These accomplishments are just as valed as fedors, if you want to ignore the fact that the UFC is the standard for modern MMA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back