The greatest display of heart ever seen in a fight, never say die?

I was gonna say frankie vs gray. that is always up there.

however, i think i have a new champ in my mind for this particular category.

Im going with the count when he agreed to fight and then KO rockhold in their second fight.

hear me out you haters!!

mike was trolled by a loyal legion of haters for years, and got beat by rockhold, and people continued to troll, bully, pick on and disrespect the count.

then, he was presented the chance to fight rockhold a second time, having been battered, beaten, and brutally choked out in their first meeting. and he took it!! what heart, what courage, what intestinal fortitude, and this was a short notice fight for him--luke had a fight announced and was readying himself for a fight--when this fight was announced, luke stepped of the gym he was already in to confirm, whereas the Count had to get off of his couch to confirm.

Despite the vitriol and venom that was surrounded and followed the now champ, he refused to give in, he prepared himself, he shut out the haters, the naysayers, and teh detractors, and he fought luke rockhold in unfriendly and unfamiliar territory, after a short fight camp, and he knocked luke out with a blistering barrage of concussive blows.

Mike's claim to the title dwarfs any and all of the rocky movies.

tehe champ's performance and the courage to take the fight, let alone show up and dare to be awesome, all embody a fighter's heart.

Every time Kiyoshi Tamura fought.
That dude was a lightweight and he fought every MW, LHW, and HW killer you can think of.

Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow anyone?

Lawler vs Manhoef. Manhoef destroyed the legs of Robbie and in an exchange he's able to KO Manhoef cold. Even after he won Robbie was trying to walk off the pain in his legs while celebrating at the same time.

Definitely the tiny Japanese guy from the doc "Choke." Only it happened over several fights back to back.

Last edited:
Lesnar-subs-Carwin.gif

Perosh vs bader. Perosh did not want to quit in Australia and took a three round beating
Was there live. It was uncomfortable to watch.

Sak vs Smirnovas was a sick beating followed by a comeback.

Fedor when he fought Maldonato

Enough with the Frankie Edgar bullshit. Gray Maynard is one of the worst finishers in UFC history, and surviving a few shots from him isn't impressive, because even if he had you hurt, he didn't have a finishing instinct.

Compare that to shit like Kongo vs Barry, where Kongo was not just out on his feet, but facing an incredibly dangerous striker and was only surviving based on pure heart and willpower. Most fighters would've wilted and just accepted the loss.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back