The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v5: Death to the Headphone Jack

Still no headphone jack or expandable memory. OLED display and tiny bezel are nice, camera will likely be best on the market. I really like Apple's in-home device connectivity but their phones just aren't well-rounded enough for me to make the switch.

I'll probably be full blown Apple TV/Macbook/iPad fairly soon however.

iphone x, $1000, worth it

I guess I need the iPhone X (ten, ten yr anniv) to score some top quality pussy without being douchey wearing Mr. T bling bling collection. $1k well spent.

I can't believe apple released the 8 and the X. Mick what could possibly be the business reasoning behind that?

Literally no one is gonna get the 8

I gotta call bullshit here. I guarantee you the 8 will sell well.

The issues are Apple is way behind schedule on production of the iPhone X and could not make a Sept date. This was reported back in the spring that this would happen. You have to realize Samsung the only supplier of the OLED screens that can meet Apples demands for production and Samsung has Apple by the balls. As a result Samsung is charging them around $120 for each screen which is part of the reason these phone prices are steep. At the end of the day $999 for the iPhone X is actually a smart price since they will have problems filling orders even at that price. Having 2 release dates will take some pressure off of a typical opening day for Apple as they will fill a shit load of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus orders while doing the same when the X comes out.

I'm probably going to get the 8 myself as I am upgrading from a 6 which is on it's lasts legs. I'm a little hesitant on the X since its a gen 1 product and I thinks there are going to be some bugs to iron out.

I'm about to be a full 2 years out from when I got my first smartphone (I got into the game late), an s5.

I think I'm gonna upgrade to a (regular) s8. I can't justify the extra price for the s8+ even if it's really just a few bucks a month - if I want a good screen size I have my desktop monitors. And I kinda am intrigued by the Note 8 but I'd just get that mainly for the dual rear camera and the stylus ... and honestly I wouldn't use either much after like the first month, haha ... oh well.

Any chance the price might drop anytime in the next two/three months on the s8 ? I've never watched the timing on these things before.

Tfw i want to upgrade to either note 8 or lg v30 but i just can't do without the ir blaster. I use it to control my fan, light, AC, tv, it's too useful.

The only good phone with an ir this year is honor 8 pro but I'd rather wait i guess, still have a note 4.

Xiaomi just released a mid-range android one phone with dual camera for $260.

isxiaomimia1thenextandroidonesmartphone-21-1503283404.jpg

which non-apple phone has the best camera for video?

This is the way I'm heading in the future. Won't spend $600+ on a phone ever again. The only way I'll have a new iphone or Galaxy is if my phone company subsidizes it.

Tfw i want to upgrade to either note 8 or lg v30 but i just can't do without the ir blaster. I use it to control my fan, light, AC, tv, it's too useful.

The only good phone with an ir this year is honor 8 pro but I'd rather wait i guess, still have a note 4.

I purchased one of those IR blasters that fit in the headphone jack. It's not as convenient as the built-in ones. That's also why I'm keeping my LG G4 for a while. It's nice to have that IR blaster.

Got my wife Xiaomi A1 as a gift. It's been a week, she has nothing but good thing to say about it. Tremendous value for what it cost.

I'd like to get either the iPhone X or the Note 8, but I think this time I might just say fack it and get a midrange phone. What's the best phone for its price right now, benny? @Madmick ? i'm tired of paying $131 per month for my Verizon plan with my Pixel XL and unlimited Data.

I'd like to get either the iPhone X or the Note 8, but I think this time I might just say fack it and get a midrange phone. What's the best phone for its price right now, benny? @Madmick ? i'm tired of paying $131 per month for my Verizon plan with my Pixel XL and unlimited Data.

I would suggest the Huawei P10. Flagship specs with (almost)midrange price. Huawei really screwed the new P10 buyers by slashing the price from $600 to around $420 because they're about to release the Mate10.

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p10-8514.php

gsmarena_001.jpg

Back