The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v5: Death to the Headphone Jack

LG’s V30 looks a little bit awesome
The Verge said:
The V30, LG’s next flagship-class phone, is set for an official debut in two weeks’ time, but that’s not stopping it from making public appearances already. And that’s all to the good, because the phone looks to be a very attractive refinement of the LG G6 introduced earlier in the year.

In a photo posted by Evan Blass today, the LG V30 shows off what look to be even thinner top and bottom bezels surrounding what’s already known to be a 6-inch OLED screen. Knowing its 2:1 aspect ratio and the dimensions of the existing G6, the shape of this new device suggests we’re going to get the most compact, refined, and dare I say elegant V-series device from LG yet. Honestly, the glinting metal sides and the minimalist front and rear have me a little bit excited. LG’s prior V10 and V20 phones were behemoths that justified their existence with outstanding camera and audio performance, but now it seems like LG has managed to tame their size (while hopefully keeping its edge in terms of performance).

upload_2017-8-17_3-25-45.jpeg

Fucking Evan Blass again-- the guy knows everything. What Adrian Wodnarowski is to the NBA Evan Blass is to the smartphone world.

@Lethal
@TeTe

And I was just about to purchase a G6

after using android for many years, I think I may be making a switch to IOS. The family sharing is becoming too much of an obstacle. My kids are getting older, and they all use facetime with each other, and when I have my ipad around, then with me as well.....

Anyone in my situation? I still like the use of android better as I find it generally better at sharing, but IOS got family stuff on lockdown.

And I was just about to purchase a G6
Considering that Samsung refuses to debloat its Touchwiz skin, that it bootlocks its devices to all hell on top of that, and that HTC/Google seems determined to use software as an inferior option for image stabilization in their cameras for their Pixel phones, I think this stands to become the best Android phone on the market when it is released.

Considering that Samsung refuses to debloat its Touchwiz skin, that it bootlocks its devices to all hell on top of that, and that HTC/Google seems determined to use software as an inferior option for image stabilization in their cameras for their Pixel phones, I think this stands to become the best Android phone on the market when it is released.
Yeah, I used to be on the Samsung Galaxy train for years, but after trying an LG phone with stock Android I never looked back. And the lack of bloatware is glorious

Android is far superior to iOS. Apple sure has some dedicated fanboys.

Android is far superior to iOS. Apple sure has some dedicated fanboys.
after many many years on android, I'm about to switch to iOS....... sure, the operating system IS better, software reliability is a wash as well, but holy fuck, that USB-C is total trash. My charger is about to break again, 2 times in a year FFS. I fucken baby my phone, while every kid in my family has an ipad, they are rough with it, and it survives the test of time. My son's ipad air is like going on 3 years now, and still works great. The android fingerprint reader sure as hell works better than any apple version, but that goddamn charger is the only and last straw.

Going to be a bitch to use iOS fulltime as I do own an ipad air, but I have no choice at this point.

Yeah, I used to be on the Samsung Galaxy train for years, but after trying an LG phone with stock Android I never looked back. And the lack of bloatware is glorious

Whenever I see or hear someone touting the advantages of Android over iOS but using a Samsung with Touchwiz, I tune out. That's like someone arguing about the superiority pizza over burgers, but eats at Chuck-E-Cheese.

scanner must not like confederate scum

LG G5 is GOAT. @XalexinchainsX

preview.php

Last edited:

I'm seriously considering the Essential Phone from Andy Rubin. That Titanium and ceramic is super nice and very close to stock Android.

The only thing holding me back is the sub par camera (compared to other flagships) and the lack of waterproofing.

matebook-x-e-o-novo-notebook-superfino-da-huawei-1.jpg

Yo, Mick, take your techno geek malarkey and back up out of our Hollywood and Broccoli forum.

Back