The Biggest Reason Why DJ Refuses to Fight TJ

typically champions move up a weight and take on bigger challenges. TJ dropping down a class is weird, but w/e

Is because TJ is not a natural 125’er.
The criticism is fair that dj knows fighting tj is a huge risk because he’s bigger. But what is not fair to DJ is that if TJ wins, you already know he’s NEVER getting an instant rematch, and tj is NEVER going to fight at 125 again.

Just doesn’t make sense for a guy to cut to the weightclass once, best the champion, and never be seen in that division again.
MM has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain from tj going down in weight... Besides the fans ‘respect’ lmao. Everyone is so disrespectful to him he doesn’t give a fuck about u guys anyway.

And at least in fighting REAL 125 lbers he is virtually guaranteed to see them again if he loses.

I agree with everything you've posted except for what it would do for the career of Demetrius Johnson.If Johnson should fight T.J and win then in one felt swoop, his legacy is validated and cemented as one of goats- period and extremely hard to debate.
Right now (and this isn't my opinion), there are fans and fighters that believe the mens 125 class still lacks an overall top tier/ elite fighters in depth to truly label Johnson as the best pound for pound fighter.The flip side of the coin is that Demetrius is just that good and because of it, he makes the division seem that way.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to see such a fight even though it's probably deemed unfair to Dj at the end of the day.
I got news for you ,though- Vegas probably sets this line in the pk'em neighborhood so this really speaks volumes on how good DJ is.

Is because TJ is not a natural 125’er.
The criticism is fair that dj knows fighting tj is a huge risk because he’s bigger. But what is not fair to DJ is that if TJ wins, you already know he’s NEVER getting an instant rematch, and tj is NEVER going to fight at 125 again.

Just doesn’t make sense for a guy to cut to the weightclass once, best the champion, and never be seen in that division again.
MM has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain from tj going down in weight... Besides the fans ‘respect’ lmao. Everyone is so disrespectful to him he doesn’t give a fuck about u guys anyway.

And at least in fighting REAL 125 lbers he is virtually guaranteed to see them again if he loses.
if TJ cant make 125 and dana wants the fight to happen, DJ should either defend it against him or get stripped. Cherry picking opponents has to stop it ruins the sport

if TJ cant make 125 and dana wants the fight to happen, DJ should either defend it against him or get stripped. Cherry picking opponents has to stop it ruins the sport

If TJ cant make weight its not a title fight...

The thing that shits me the most about poster shitting on DJ for not taking the fight would be the one complaining if TJ misses weight and the fight is called off .
Not to mention all the threads about fighters dodging their natural weight class by cutting extreme amount of weight .
So I think it is personally reasonable that TJ has to make weight at least once before the fight is made or the UFC guarantees DJ pay if TJ misses weight .

Last edited:
DJ has e much more to gain from fight g TJ than snake does. If DJ wins he just became able to legit claim goat status beating a naturally bigger 2 time champ. TJ Wins ....... what he beat up a great midget that hadn't ever really beat anyone.

Tell jones to move up to HW, or GSP to middleweight to fight Anderson, or Anderson to LHW. Weight classes exsist for a reason
That argument is invalid. Anderson refused to fight GSP at 170, Jones at 185, etc. TJ offered to go to 125 and DJ still refused unless the UFC paid him way more than he knew they would ever pay him.

God, all these apologists for MM... smh...

Facts are facts: the 125 division is DEAD, MM has no viable challengers.

We had the potential for a great fight with TJ, and he didn't have to even move up: TJ would come down to him.

And he ducked it to do a rematch that NOBODY cares about.
People said the same thing about 185 and then came sonnen and Weidman.

People said the same thing about 185 and then came sonnen and Weidman.
Finding great pro fighters that are 185 pounds is a bit easier than finding large groups of professional fighter adults that stopped getting bigger at the age of 13.

Meh. I understand if DJ didn't want to move up to fight TJ but TJ was going to move down and fight him in his own weight class. Could have easily taken the fight and said if TJ didn't make weight he would refuse to fight him.TJ IMO is established enough to merit a title shot moving down without a fight to prove he can make the weight. If TJ beats Cody again and actually take a fight at FW and wins it would be interesting to see what DJ says then.

Finding great pro fighters that are 185 pounds is a bit easier than finding large groups of professional fighter adults that stopped getting bigger at the age of 13.
Boxings biggest stars are in that range. Try harder.

If TJ cant make weight its not a title fight...
good catch, I meant if tj can make weight though obviously.
If TJ can make the weight DJ should legit have no say in if he fights him or not. Stop being a little bitch and defend your belt against who is infront of you

good catch, I meant if tj can make weight though obviously.
If TJ can make the weight DJ should legit have no say in if he fights him or not. Stop being a little bitch and defend your belt against who is infront of you

TJ should focus on cementing him self as the champ.
He just won the belt, defend it!
Already talking about title fights in other divisions with 0 defenses are not a good look.

DJ has e much more to gain from fight g TJ than snake does. If DJ wins he just became able to legit claim goat status beating a naturally bigger 2 time champ. TJ Wins ....... what he beat up a great midget that hadn't ever really beat anyone.

I disagree, I think both guys stands to gain money-wise and legacy-wise from this fight. That's why it's the fight to make.

DJ doesn't have to take any fights that he doesn't want to, but don't whine about not making any money if you're gonna turn down the one fight that fans actually want to see you in.

Boxings biggest stars are in that range. Try harder.
Boxing and MMA are the same sport, I forgot.. List me the plethora of amazing 125 lb fighters in the entire history of MMA.

Your move.

Back