The Biggest Reason Why DJ Refuses to Fight TJ

or maybe he's enjoying the easy competition at 125
DJ is in a good spot right now, the casuals don't really care about him but he still gets paid a lot and his opponents are 2 tiers below him so he can show up to a fight drunk if he wanted it won't matter

typically champions move up a weight and take on bigger challenges. TJ dropping down a class is weird, but w/e
Well, DJ doesnt seem interested in going for the 135 belt, so...

TJ should focus on cementing him self as the champ.
He just won the belt, defend it!
Already talking about title fights in other divisions with 0 defenses are not a good look.
I agree the fight doesn't make sense from that stand point. But at the end of the day, if dana and co say its a go, and t.j makes the weight. Just fucking fight him.

If that's the case, dj should go up and fight tj in an one off fight. Or catch weight and no belt on the line

I agree the fight doesn't make sense from that stand point. But at the end of the day, if dana and co say its a go, and t.j makes the weight. Just fucking fight him.

When Aldo was champ he wanted to move up and fight for the 155 belt. He was told to vacate the belt and if he lost the 155 title fight it was back of the line at 145.
Dana says a lot of shit...
Did MM not agree to the fight if he get paid?
At least I see posts about that.

I just want to see the champs defend there belts.
I liked the "old" days with champs like Aldo , Anderson, GSP guys that actually manage to defend their belts more than twice.

The biggest reason is TJ is the Biggest and best fighter he will have ever faced, He will have a huge size advantage, this will be like conor fighting at 145, on deaths door at every weigh in, 10 iv bags later with a huge weight advantage.

Anderson had alot to lose when he fought at mw not once. Lmao

They should pay him to fight TJ at 135 for the belt.

Then if MM loses, he can just go back to crushing cans at FLW.

When Aldo was champ he wanted to move up and fight for the 155 belt. He was told to vacate the belt and if he lost the 155 title fight it was back of the line at 145.
Dana says a lot of shit...
Did MM not agree to the fight if he get paid?
At least I see posts about that.

I just want to see the champs defend there belts.
I liked the "old" days with champs like Aldo , Anderson, GSP guys that actually manage to defend their belts more than twice.
I agree, for some reason as a fan I don't even hold those division in the same light as I do the more popular bigger divisions. Its about the only fight for DJ that has garnered any attention, there was expressed interest in the bout. If TJ can make 125 he should jump down for it.
Aldo was screwed over as a champ many times. I feel like instead of them keeping that standard, they should learn from it and try to do better in the future

I agree, for some reason as a fan I don't even hold those division in the same light as I do the more popular bigger divisions. Its about the only fight for DJ that has garnered any attention, there was expressed interest in the bout. If TJ can make 125 he should jump down for it.
Aldo was screwed over as a champ many times. I feel like instead of them keeping that standard, they should learn from it and try to do better in the future

When it comes to the champion jumping divisions.
I think you should always move up.
I dont see the real challenge in fighting a smaller man.
AS called out GSP for years but was "friends" with JBJ so no fight.
Moving down just shows you know how to cut weight.
Exceptions for undersized fighters of course.

oh well.. In the long run this is not about the sport, but about UFC trying to make some money-.
PPV buys are what sets the agenda.

TJ should focus on cementing him self as the champ.
He just won the belt, defend it!
Already talking about title fights in other divisions with 0 defenses are not a good look.

I kinda disagree here cause TJ is a 2x champions with multiple title defenses in his previous runs and already notable wins over top BW. Calling out DJ was the right thing to do as it was the only possible superfight he could go for.

Also, at that point there was no clear #1 contender at BW and he had just won his title in dominant fashion. Nowadays things are a bit different with the rise of Moraes, Cruz getting back in the mix, etc., so he has very viable options at BW. If he starts ducking opponents to chase DJ that would not look good but that does not seem to be the case.

I kinda disagree here cause TJ is a 2x champions with multiple title defenses in his previous runs and already notable wins over top BW. Calling out DJ was the right thing to do as it was the only possible superfight he could go for.

Also, at that point there was no clear #1 contender at BW and he had just won his title in dominant fashion. Nowadays things are a bit different with the rise of Moraes, Cruz getting back in the mix, etc., so he has very viable options at BW. If he starts ducking opponents to chase DJ that would not look good but that does not seem to be the case.

Previous runs. He lost his belts.
Focus should be on NOT losing the belt.

DJ gets all the hate while Dillashaw is the one going super sayan anorexic to steal the small man belt

MM has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain from tj going down in weight... Besides the fans ‘respect’ lmao. Everyone is so disrespectful to him he doesn’t give a fuck about u guys anyway.
MM has respect to gain. You just said it yourself. Make a bold move and gain some respect and maybe move the needle in your ppv. It’s hard when to be a fan and want to shell out $ when there is all this ducking and vacating belts and wanting money fights instead of facing legit contenders.

If my favorite fighters were challenged to a super fight by someone from a different weight class I would think it's awesome. I would be all for it, I wouldn't have came up with a million reasons why a great fight shouldn't happen.

then again I don't think my favorite fighters should be protected from new fighters entering their weight class.

MM has respect to gain. You just said it yourself. Make a bold move and gain some respect and maybe move the needle in your ppv. It’s hard when to be a fan and want to shell out $ when there is all this ducking and vacating belts and wanting money fights instead of facing legit contenders.

How tf is TJ ducking contenders when he has a fight scheduled with Cody in two months? Also said a few days ago in an interview he think Moraes deserves a title shot next? A little bit of perspective please.

The guy called out DJ, the fight made sense but did not materialize, now back to business as usual.

If TJ wants the belt at 125 he should vacate and move down.
Champs should focus on defending there belts not run around trying to get fights in other divisions.

I still dont understand how it's considered a superfight when the champion wanting to move down in weight has zero current title defenses and lost his belt the first time to Cruz who at the time had only 2 fights in 5 years lol. TJ needs to clean out his division first. Beat Garbrandt and Moraes. Rematch and beat Cruz, and see where they stand after that. Not saying TJ wouldn't be deserving or anything but it's not really the fight to make.

Back