The Biggest Reason Why DJ Refuses to Fight TJ

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.

You dont even realize how circular your logic is, and how stupidly easy it is applied to all situations, just a logical fallacy.

go read a book.

I read many books at college, it's obvious that you haven't read any about logic.

Saying something is a 'logical fallacy" without expanding on what type of fallacy immediately proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

A formal logical fallacy for example is fundamentally different to an informal logical fallacy.

Almost all things are an informal fallacy.

Reason and process of elimination are informal fallacies but correct on most occasions because of their structure and process.

So seriously, 'go read a book' yourself you retard. I'm literally not going to give you an entire 'introduction to logic 101' lesson.

DJ is just like Tyquil. A fake champion.

We need more champions like Conor and Colby.

Scrap 125. It’s a waste of a division until Mexico and co. start producing some killers in MMA.

Newsflash, there are no "natural" 125ers, they all cut weight, is he bigger than DJ? Probably, if they both make 125lbs then is fair game.
There are some natural 125ers but most aren’t old enough for high school.

It should be pretty crystal clear as an azure sky of deepest summer that DJ just wants to fight guys he's 90% sure he'll beat, instead of a guy he's 50% sure he'll beat.

Dude keeps making nonsensical excuse after nonsensical excuse why he didn't want that fight. Dude should just man up about it and admit he'd prefer 90% to make less than 50% to make more. I'd hespect that, a smart financial move.

If he REALLY cared about his legacy, he'd fight TJ. The only other P4P great he fought, he lost - Dom. Torres and Yamamoto were good wins, but they both had lost a few times and weren't "prime."

After that? What were his signature wins? Uncle Creepy, Joseph Olivi, Midget Dodson? C'mon now. He never had wins over fellow greats like Big Nog, CroCop, BJ, Hughes, Hendo, even Rich Franklin. Dude takes the EASY way out, plain and simple.

Dana White said he wouldn't pay DJ more for the fight and he could potentially lose his belt at the same time. I agree DJ is taking the safe approach but whatever. He's defending the belt and that's all that matters. If TJ is serious about it he should vacate the belt, beat contenders at that weight class and DJ would have no choice but to fight him.

Well, DJ refused to fight TJ at 135..... TJ offered to fight at 125 to completely remove all reasons DJ had and DJ then moved the goal posts.

Where did you read/hear that? My initial thought of how this fight was potentially going to come about is because Garbrandt (when he was the Champion) and Johnson had a verbal agreement between themselves they'd fight at 125. Obviously that changed when Dillashaw won and then he took Garbrandt's place and offered to fight Johnson at 125, who didn't seem keen. Talked about doing it if the money was right and what I found odd was that he said that Garbrandt was a draw.

I'd watch Johnson fight either, but I wouldn't be bummed if it never happens. Plus Dillashaw said in an interview that he'd go stay at 135 and go down to 125 if he won both belts, but talked about how he had put on extra muscle and that he could make 125, but it'd mess with his body. I think he'd fight 1 fight at 125 then vacate the belt and leave the division in a bit of a mess.

I think fighting at a catch weight would be the best solution, but it looks like the UFC may have upped Dillashaw's pay as he was adamant that Garbrandt would have to win some fights before he fought him for a title and out of the blue they're doing the 2nd fight.

God, all these apologists for MM... smh...

Facts are facts: the 125 division is DEAD, MM has no viable challengers.

We had the potential for a great fight with TJ, and he didn't have to even move up: TJ would come down to him.

And he ducked it to do a rematch that NOBODY cares about.
This 100

I read many books at college, it's obvious that you haven't read any about logic.

Saying something is a 'logical fallacy" without expanding on what type of fallacy immediately proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

A formal logical fallacy for example is fundamentally different to an informal logical fallacy.

Almost all things are an informal fallacy.

Reason and process of elimination are informal fallacies but correct on most occasions because of their structure and process.

So seriously, 'go read a book' yourself you retard. I'm literally not going to give you an entire 'introduction to logic 101' lesson.

"uhh youre stupid!"

Sucks when someone sees through your bullshit huh bud?

Your reasoning is correct, IF TJ can make FlW and beat MM I don't quite see him having enough incentive to move between weight classes and defend the title. However, what can MM gain? He could gain fans, respect and money. He will lose a lot if he loses to TJ (which he will if TJ can make the weight), but he certainly is not winning anything by defending his title against a bunch of cans. Right now, he wins nothing by winning. Fighting TJ, he can at least win something if he ends up winning.

He knows he would lose. No question about it. Doesn't want to lose.

Unless they put both belts on the line. If they both weigh in at 125, that should be good enough for the BW belt.

Back