The Biggest Reason Why DJ Refuses to Fight TJ

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Is because TJ is not a natural 125’er.
The criticism is fair that dj knows fighting tj is a huge risk because he’s bigger. But what is not fair to DJ is that if TJ wins, you already know he’s NEVER getting an instant rematch, and tj is NEVER going to fight at 125 again.

Just doesn’t make sense for a guy to cut to the weightclass once, best the champion, and never be seen in that division again.
MM has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain from tj going down in weight... Besides the fans ‘respect’ lmao. Everyone is so disrespectful to him he doesn’t give a fuck about u guys anyway.

And at least in fighting REAL 125 lbers he is virtually guaranteed to see them again if he loses.

If TJ wants the belt at 125 he should vacate and move down.
Champs should focus on defending there belts not run around trying to get fights in other divisions.

It's obvious DJ wants to sit pretty in a division where he's untouchable.

I am not a fan of DJ division but I also really don't want to see a fight between DJ/TJ hold up to title pictures.

My opinion is if the fight can't be made by the end of 2018 UFC should call it off and waste no more time on it. If they want to get it done it would have been by now.

It's the only potential fight for MM that I'm interested in seeing.

Don't care about Cejudo 2, Borg 2, Benavidez 6.

I would however be cool with a Horiguchi 2 fight. I think he's the 2nd best FLW in the world atm.

Well, DJ refused to fight TJ at 135..... TJ offered to fight at 125 to completely remove all reasons DJ had and DJ then moved the goal posts.

He clearly isn't keen on challenging himself the way he used to when he wasn't incorrectly considered the greatest of all time.

They should just fight at 130, call it a day and not put either belt in a compromising position long term.

If TJ wants the belt at 125 he should vacate and move down.
Champs should focus on defending there belts not run around trying to get fights in other divisions.
Exactly. This isn’t boxing where every weight class is separated by 4 lbs. If tj was serious about a run at 125 he would vacate and permanently move to 25

I don't take most people seriously that come at DJ. It's blatantly obvious they are biased, or dislike the guy for no good reason.

tumblr_mesl222Jcx1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Well, DJ refused to fight TJ at 135..... TJ offered to fight at 125 to completely remove all reasons DJ had and DJ then moved the goal posts.

He clearly isn't keen on challenging himself the way he used to when he wasn't incorrectly considered the greatest of all time.
Tell jones to move up to HW, or GSP to middleweight to fight Anderson, or Anderson to LHW. Weight classes exsist for a reason

Yeah TJ isn't FLW like Borg is... oh whoops.

God, all these apologists for MM... smh...

Facts are facts: the 125 division is DEAD, MM has no viable challengers.

We had the potential for a great fight with TJ, and he didn't have to even move up: TJ would come down to him.

And he ducked it to do a rematch that NOBODY cares about.

It's the only potential fight for MM that I'm interested in seeing.

Don't care about Cejudo 2, Borg 2, Benavidez 6.

I would however be cool with a Horiguchi 2 fight. I think he's the 2nd best FLW in the world atm.

True but I'd be well up for DJ vs Benavidez parts 8 and 9, but would pass on part 7

Last edited:
What's is stopping TJ to move down?

He doesn't want to let go of the 135 belt?
If he did so, he would come down as #1 contender for sure, so DJ would have no way out of this.

Biggest reason: not a fucking thing he can do to keep tj off him. I'm a longtime fan of the shit shack rat, but let's be real here.

We make fun of fighters all the time for ducking when they're clearly not, but this is the most obvious ducking case between champs I can remember since Tito vs Chuck.

Newsflash, there are no "natural" 125ers, they all cut weight, is he bigger than DJ? Probably, if they both make 125lbs then is fair game.

TJ won't make weight, won't even try, miss weight by 4lbs, claim the doctor asaid he had to stop the cut, come in 7-8lbs heavier by fight time, call DJ a pussy if he won't accept the fight, win with a massive advantage, go home and not feel any guilt because winning at all costs is his thing.

That's why he won't make 125 for a warm up fight.

TJ is the pussy here, let's be honest.

Back