The best angle of Aldo vs McGregor

Conor was the better man that evening. That is true.
But if you think that the strikers that go into MMA are not better strikers than most MMA guys, you are delusional.
There's no point grading an MMA fighters striking abilty in a different sport, if someone like Spong can't implement his striking well enough to become top a MMA fighters then they are not the best strikers in MMA.

You gas out as your opponents last longer. That is a skill. Nate was better than Conor in the first fight striking wise.
Many strikers have made a successful career with it.

But having better cardio doesn't make you a better striker ?

And in no way whatsoever can anyone say that Nates striking was "better"
Conor out classes Nate on the feet until he gasses.

I'd say objectively it was obvious in every round they fought over 2 fights that Conor is the superior striker.

Cardio is a skill that Nate possesses abundantly, but that doesn't make him a better striker than Conor at all.

But having better cardio doesn't make you a better striker ?

And in no way whatsoever can anyone say that Nates striking was "better"
Conor out classes Nate on the feet until he gasses.

I'd say objectively it was obvious in every round they fought over 2 fights that Conor is the superior striker.

Cardio is a skill that Nate possesses abundantly, but that doesn't make him a better striker than Conor at all.
Well, when you get rocked by the other fighter, he is doing better striking wise

Well, when you get rocked by the other fighter, he is doing better striking wise
Yes, in that exchange....

But not overall in the fight or even the round, Conor has been caught, but I would say he's never came close to being outstruck, I'd actually say Mendes has been the fighter who had the most sucess landing on Conor, although he still had to absorb 2 for every one he landed and Conor fought very flat footed that night due to injury.

Well, when you get rocked the other fighter, he is doing better striking wise

Absolutely not. When one fighter rocks the other it doesn't necessarily mean he's a better striker. There're are other factors. Like cardio,TD threat etc.

Conor tooled Nate until he gassed.
Nate only does better in the striking dept when Conor can't lift his arms anymore.
Again't, cardio is a skill that Nate has and it's a legit weapon, but in no way does it mean Conor isn't the superior striker.

So if you have a guy like Spong and he fights lets say...Derek Brunson, Brunson comes out wild brawling like he usually does and catches Spong and knocks him out, does that mean Brunson is a better striker?

lol I cant believe we are debating this honestly, Spong would still be a better striker but he just got caught.

So if you have a guy like Spong and he fights lets say...Derek Brunson, Brunson comes out wild brawling like he usually does and catches Spong and knocks him out, does that mean Brunson is a better striker?

lol I cant believe we are debating this honestly, Spong would still be a better striker but he just got caught.
Better striker at that fight. If he does better

I remember the shock I was in when that happened.
And my friend who wasn't an MMA fan who was watching the whole main even with me just for this fight was like "wtf, bullshit, you told me this Aldo guy was good"
lol.

It was hard to convince him after that that i was super impressive what Conor did and that in fact Aldo has been a boss for years up until that point.

FLUKE WIN! 13 seconds doesn't mean anything. Aldo is still the better fighter!

You can't even see the punch LOL

That's what I was thinking. That's one cool thing about this angle tho I suppose. It's close to Aldo's perspective and I barely see the punch even tho I know when it is coming. It happens so fast.

No one should ever deny Aldo's status as a badass.
fight fans deserve a rematch

cain vs jds proves it

being a seven year champion demands it

gotta make that money though

so i understand

at no time in any MMA fight has Conor came close to being outstruck.

Except when he was getting tagged and on the run at the end of both second rounds of the fights with Nate. And let me guess: infighting isn't striking?

LULz

fight fans deserve a rematch

cain vs jds proves it

being a seven year champion demands it

gotta make that money though

so i understand

I agree. Aldo deserves a rematch but it seems circumstances just changed to greatly after their fight. Conor took a greater path than staying at 145 imo.

But yeah no champ in history deserved a rematch more if Conor stayed at 145.

He could get a win against Max and if Conor beats the winner of Khabib/Tony Aldo could push for a shot at 155.

I think that's the only way he's ever gonna get a chance at Conor so he will have to campaign for it very publicly if he wants it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back