The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

Love Nascar's consistency. Gordon does something equally egregious, if not more so, a couple of years ago to Bowyer, and that had also involved other drivers and cars, and he gets nothing but a slap on the wrist. Kenseth does the same thing, which doesn't involve anybody else, and he has to sit for some races.

Not that he shouldn't have got suspended. He should have. But so should have Gordon as well and quite possibly to an even greater extent considering his actions involved others. And people wonder why there have been conspiracy theorists out there over the years who state that the Hendricks drivers receive preferential treatment.

How about what Kyle Busch did to Ron Hornaday?

17.6.2.1 in the NASCAR Rule Book

Obviously, Busch was given authorization by NASCAR in an unprecedented move.

Tony Stewart had the same authorization by NASCAR last year. Stop your whining.

How about what Kyle Busch did to Ron Hornaday?

We're talking a different level there. Doing that under caution on a high speed track like Texas, yeah, I be throwing the book at him. How long did he get for that? Do you remember? I remember he got suspended for the rest of the weekend which included both the Busch and Cup races. But I can't recall anything else beyond that.

We're talking a different level there. Doing that under caution on a high speed track like Texas, yeah, I be throwing the book at him. How long did he get for that? Do you remember? I remember he got suspended for the rest of the weekend which included both the Busch and Cup races. But I can't recall anything else beyond that.

Yeah. It was only for the weekend.

[YT]PBgZFp-h1ds[/YT]

Towards the end of the video, there's a discussion about that situation.

Fucking hell. Looks like that's all Kyle got. Just the suspension for the rest of the weekend. Haha. Thanks for mentioning that PWB. Apparently what Kenseth did on Sunday was deemed more punishable than this here;

I just don't understand it. I love how Myers was deflecting, though. Like he was being fed through the ear piece.

Under caution where other drivers could have been endangered and maybe even Nascar safety crews and/or officials if enough time elapsed. Probably still going in excess of 100 mph. Purposely getting into the right quarter panel which we all known (as did Kyle) is going to turn the other vehicle head on into the outside wall.

"You're sitting one Cup race Kyle. That'll teach you to never do that again."

Haha. Fucking joke that is Nascar officiating.

any race series that has a predetermined 'competition' yellow and puts out double yellows
for a tiny piece of debris on the track with cars this sturdy is corrupt to the point of
being ridiculous.

any race series that has a predetermined 'competition' yellow and puts out double yellows
for a tiny piece of debris on the track with cars this sturdy is corrupt to the point of
being ridiculous.

Speaking of, I remember a race from a few years ago on one of the cookie cutter ovals. Denny Hamlin had dominated the race and had a big lead with less than 10 laps to go. That's when an invisible Jacques showed himself on the track. Not only was Hamlin upset and puzzled why the caution was thrown, but so were a lot of his competitors that were racing him for the win. After the race, pretty much to a man they all said there was absolutely nothing on the track and some of them outright accused Nascar of trying to manufacture drama. I think Hamlin ended up still winning. But it was just funny how none of the drivers could see the "debris" yet some Nascar official outside the racing surface apparently did. And that's just one race of many where drivers have accused Nascar of trying to manufacture drama by throwing a caution in the closing laps of the race. A lot of drivers have been vocal about it through the years.

of course.
it's more drama than real racing IMO.
like I said, it's the WWE of auto racing.
stupid.

I think the money is so huge that nascan just let things happen by chance.
it's got to be predetermined theater.
or at least engineered outcomes.

just let them race.
avoidable contact is a drive through or stop and go penalty.
race clean, race to win.
if you're fucking nine laps down and take someone in the chase out,
you're done for the season.

Danica fined, docked points for Martinsville actions

NASCAR fined Patrick $50,000 and assessed her the loss of 25 points in the Sprint Cup Series driver standings. The behavioral penalty also places Patrick on NASCAR probation through Dec. 31.

The points penalty dropped Patrick to 27th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings.

Gilliland's Front Row Motorsports No. 38 Ford made contact with Patrick's Stewart-Haas Racing No. 10 Chevrolet, sending her car into the Turn 3 wall during the later stages of Sunday's Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 . Patrick retaliated with a similar move, twice shoving Gilliland's car up to the Turn 3 and 4 walls, bringing out a caution period on Lap 419 of 500.

Patrick rammed into the back of Gilliland's car during the yellow flag before taking her car to the garage. She retired from the race in 40th place. Gilliland finished 24th in the 43-car field.

Read more:http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ost-martinsville-penalty-david-gilliland.html

I don't think Kenseth will go full retard and take out Logano again, if he makes it to the final round. That would be career suicide.

Unless Vince Russo is booking NASCAR, so Kenseth will take out Gordon in the last lap, giving Logano the title. Swerve!

Love Nascar's consistency. Gordon does something equally egregious, if not more so, a couple of years ago to Bowyer, and that had also involved other drivers and cars, and he gets nothing but a slap on the wrist. Kenseth does the same thing, which doesn't involve anybody else, and he has to sit for some races.

Not that he shouldn't have got suspended. He should have. But so should have Gordon as well and quite possibly to an even greater extent considering his actions involved others. And people wonder why there have been conspiracy theorists out there over the years who state that the Hendricks drivers receive preferential treatment.

Maybe Logano is Brian France's gay lover?

Why no penalty for Keselowski wrecking Kenseth earlier in the race?

Maybe Brad and Joey tag team Brian?

Kenseth can race Logano hard at Homestead even if Logano is in the chase.

Logano and Keselowski have a lot more enemies on the track. Danica is one and she might be settling scores. Drivers who don't have a ride or sponsors for next season might not be worried about getting suspended.

dude, ralph.
waayy too far out.
bring it back in to reality.
nascan isn't that interesting or sinister.
just worked is all.

Danica doesn't have to be motivated to wreck somebody.

Maybe Logano is Brian France's gay lover?

Why no penalty for Keselowski wrecking Kenseth earlier in the race?

Maybe Brad and Joey tag team Brian?

Kenseth can race Logano hard at Homestead even if Logano is in the chase.

Logano and Keselowski have a lot more enemies on the track. Danica is one and she might be settling scores. Drivers who don't have a ride or sponsors for next season might not be worried about getting suspended.

You can't be serious.

danica, highest paid back marker of all time.

She's getting better though. She went from feuding with Landon Cassill her first year or two and has now been feuding with the likes of Gilliland and Hornish the last couple years. All while driving in first class Hendrick equipment. She's still much, much better wrecking other drivers unintentionally than she is intentionally, though. Poor girl.

Kenseth loses his first appeal.

Back