The All-Purpose Motor Sports Thread V2: Throwing hats trigger GWCs.

This Chase format really sets this up. You do what you have to to get into the Chase but it can come with consequences.

I think Harvick is going to get another championship.

I hope Gordon somehow manages to win this season.

How late is the race going to be today?

Matt Kenseth went kamikaze on Joey Logano.

Because Logano did what?

Went into the back of Kenseth when Kenseth was blocking like hell.

With the new chase format they need to stamp this out, they should punish the entirety of JGR to deter this from happening again.

I have never seen anything like this before. That was dirty as Hell.

Turning the clock back is not helping this race. It's getting dark.

Logano likely has to win Texas to make the final four. Harvick will win Phoenix if he needs to.

Hoping Gordon wins today.

Would not mind Harvick getting the win as well, he has been the best driver most of the season.

Because Logano did what?

Went into the back of Kenseth when Kenseth was blocking like hell.

With the new chase format they need to stamp this out, they should punish the entirety of JGR to deter this from happening again.

How about penalizing all of the Penske cars for KeseLOUSEski crashing Kenseth earlier in this race?

It's one of those things where you make a choice. Yes Kenseth was blocking but, as the leader, he has the right to block. Logano also has the right to try to pass but it came back to bite him in the ass here.

The fans should take out their cell phones.

[YT]xzQw6MKG3Kk[/YT]

What a big win for Jeff Gordon.

How about penalizing all of the Penske cars for KeseLOUSEski crashing Kenseth earlier in this race?

It's one of those things where you make a choice. Yes Kenseth was blocking but, as the leader, he has the right to block. Logano also has the right to try to pass but it came back to bite him in the ass here.

Keselowski and Kenseth just came together earlier in the race, why would Keselowski damage his own car to take out Kenseth?

Where does this stop though?

Does Logano wreck the JGR cars that make it to Homestead and make the championship race a clusterfuck? Is that then justified?

lol debris on the racetrack.
this is what makes nascar so fucking gay.
just let them race.
a piece of plastic on the inner arpron
is not debris on the racetrack.

It makes for good TV, which is what NASCAR wants.

If it prevents Busch winning I am happy.

Would be silly if someone who missed 11 races won a championship.

Kyle Busch wins the championship.

Keselowski and Kenseth just came together earlier in the race, why would Keselowski damage his own car to take out Kenseth?

Where does this stop though?

Does Logano wreck the JGR cars that make it to Homestead and make the championship race a clusterfuck? Is that then justified?

That's the big question here. If Logano doesn't make it into the Chase at Homestead I'm sure he will blame Kenseth and since Kenseth isn't in the Chase, Logano could take it out on any JGR cars that do. The JGR cars that don't make the Chase could also take out any Penske cars that do. Really, any driver that has any animosity to a driver in the Chase could take them out. What does NASCAR do? They can't change the outcome of the race. Do they have a separate race with only the remaining qualifiers? If one driver knows he can't win the race, does he start taking other cars out to increase his or a team mates chances? How do they keep it from becoming a demolition derby?

Remember, Logano won at Charlotte. He was locked into this round of the Chase. He didn't need to win at Kansas. Of course he wanted to win but Kenseth needed the win because he crashed at Charlotte. Logano could have just stayed behind Kenseth and hoped for Kenseth to make a mistake instead of hitting him.

never been a fan of the busch brothers but dude has been through a lot.
who doesn't like an incredible comeback story?
and it's his first ever.
grats, kyle

Kyle Petty is going off on Kenseth.

never been a fan of the busch brothers but dude has been through a lot.
who doesn't like an incredible comeback story?
and it's his first ever.
grats, kyle

It's complete bullshit.

I want to see more reactions.

Kyle Busch wins - check.
Rednecks mad because the darn Japanese (now erase the -anese to get what they really wanna say) - check.
The Chase exposed as the joke it is - Triple check.
Harvick didn't win - check.

Back