The 0 carb diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
And his claims on breast cancer and fiber's effect on intestine?

I don't think those can be proven by experience.

perhaps by experience of what hes seen maybe lol i dunno. i do know that my father cannot eat fiber because of all of his digestive disorders so what would this mean? If hes directed to stay away from fiber and most believe that fiber aids in deigestion this should be a hint i guess. there was also a poster on here earlier that said he cant eat fiber because of colitis. thats another hint. who knows.

perhaps by experience of what hes seen maybe lol i dunno. i do know that my father cannot eat fiber because of all of his digestive disorders so what would this mean? If hes directed to stay away from fiber and most believe that fiber aids in deigestion this should be a hint i guess. there was also a poster on here earlier that said he cant eat fiber because of colitis. thats another hint. who knows.

two people on an entire message board.that's alot of credibility.

The real question is, has Solkanar crapped in the three weeks since this thread started?

I'm saying no.

humans cannot digest cellulose. fiber = cellulose . this all makes perfect sense to me . my father juss cannot east fruits or vegetables because of colitis and irritable bowel syndrome

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/#cause

Medications are an important part of relieving symptoms. Your doctor may suggest fiber supplements or laxatives for constipation or medicines to decrease diarrhea, such as Lomotil or loperamide (Imodium). An antispasmodic is commonly prescribed, which helps to control colon muscle spasms and reduce abdominal pain. Antidepressants may relieve some symptoms. However, both antispasmodics and antidepressants can worsen constipation, so some doctors will also prescribe medications that relax muscles in the bladder and intestines, such as Donnapine and Librax. These medications contain a mild sedative, which can be habit forming, so they need to be used under the guidance of a physician.

lol, one of the suggested treatments for irritable bowel syndrome is......FIBER!

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/digestive-health/nutrition/ibduc-.pdf

Fiber
Dietary fiber is an important component of a balanced, healthy diet. Fiber is broken down in the
colon into short chain fatty acids. The colon uses these short chain fatty acids as an energy
source. In people with Ulcerative Colitis, there is no need to limit the intake of dietary fiber.
Likewise, it is not necessary to increase fiber intake above the recommended levels for the
general population. Recommended daily dietary fiber intake is 20-30 grams. Trial and error is
the best way to figure out what amount of fiber you are able to tolerate in your diet. The amount
of fiber tolerated varies between individuals and may also vary with an individual during a UC
flare.

not saying ur dad is a liar! but he may associate fiber because of the foods that bother him, but its may not the fiber in the food that is causing his problems

again observation vs experiment

you blame the fiber in the fruit, when in fact, it may be the acidity. (considering colitis is ulceratative)

The real question is, has Solkanar crapped in the three weeks since this thread started?

I'm saying no.

to be honest i've only recently in the past year tried to up my fiber intake.
my diet prior was very low in fiber, and i never had problems taking a crap. I think its different in every person. this is just my personal experience and probably doesn't correlate with the general population.

fiber does increase gastric motility helping with digestion, this part isn't up for discussion from pap or t-money, though they will stick by solk's Fiber kills the intestines theory.

more excerpts from the national digestive disease clearing house (part of the national institute of health if anyone doubts its credibility)

"In many cases, dietary fiber may lessen IBS symptoms, particularly constipation. However, it may not help with lowering pain or decreasing diarrhea. Whole grain breads and cereals, fruits, and vegetables are good sources of fiber. High-fiber diets keep the colon mildly distended, which may help prevent spasms. Some forms of fiber keep water in the stool, thereby preventing hard stools that are difficult to pass. Doctors usually recommend a diet with enough fiber to produce soft, painless bowel movements. High-fiber diets may cause gas and bloating, although some people report that these symptoms go away within a few weeks. (For information about diets for people with celiac disease, please see the NIDDK’s Celiac Disease fact sheet.) Increasing fiber intake by 2 to 3 grams per day will help reduce the risk of increased gas and bloating.

Drinking six to eight glasses of plain water a day is important, especially if you have diarrhea. Drinking carbonated beverages, such as sodas, may result in gas and cause discomfort. Chewing gum and eating too quickly can lead to swallowing air, which also leads to gas.

Large meals can cause cramping and diarrhea, so eating smaller meals more often, or eating smaller portions, may help IBS symptoms. Eating meals that are low in fat and high in carbohydrates such as pasta, rice, whole-grain breads and cereals (unless you have celiac disease), fruits, and vegetables may help."

wow, they said eating diets low in fat might help.

again, since the NIH is part of the government, it may be the all part of the govt conspiracy to get people to eat less beef.

lol do u know who owsley stanley is? he's the inventor of LSD in the 1960s. that looks awfully good for a drug addict in his 70s man. wikipedia him

and read napd or that native american link i posted. it tells you their primitve diet

had to jump in...first of all, albert hoffman "invented" LSD. Second of all, lsd is not harsh on the body at all. This argument (amongst a lot of the other arguments, on both sides, in this thread) is ridiculous.

BTW, heres Hoffman at 87:

Albert_Hofmann_Oct_1993.jpg

GUYS!!! LSD IS GREAT FOR ANTI-AGING!!!!!

For fun, here he is at 100 years old...I guess ACID IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

Albert_Hofmann.jpg

BTW, he died at 102.

lox, what type of meat u eating? i started with raw meat this morning and i have a surprising amount of energy . I picked up a bunch of strip steak. My plan is to eat one strip steak in the morning before school, one when i get home from school wich is around 2 , and one at night around 7 .each steak is about 8 ounces that i measure . So far all is well, i have a shitload of energy. Its suprisingly nice. my official starting weight is 221 ponds. all is excellent thus far ill keep everyone postede.

so you're eating only raw meat? Even solkanar sears the outside to kill any bacteria. be smart man.

btw, how much do the steaks cost?

Every time I read this thread I want to eat a giant steak!

so you're eating only raw meat? Even solkanar sears the outside to kill any bacteria. be smart man.

btw, how much do the steaks cost?

Every time I read this thread I want to eat a giant steak!

its good bro, the meat at the sams club i went to today is sealed tight. cryovaccumed i beleif the term is. i bought a 14 lb bag of ny sirloin strip for somewhere around 62$. that works out to about 8-10$ for the amount of meat ill be eating in a day, not bad at all. im already starting to feel great i just have a slight headache which should go away ina few days. i completely fasted yesterday and didnt eat anything the whole day to make it so I would definitely eat the meat raw. it actually tasted very good. One weird thing though is that i haven't been thirsty at all the entire day and havent drank any water. I guess it's the water content in the raw meat maybe

the problem with steaks in supermarkets and is most of the ones that have been and andare on display are fucken terrible and old and sprayed with a red dye to look better. you can actually taste the fucken dye. I bought a big hunk right from the cow that hasnt been cut yet and i juss cut it myself so theres no dye or preservatives or any shit in it. the meat tastes awesome and seems like high grade restaraunt quality

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/#cause

Medications are an important part of relieving symptoms. Your doctor may suggest fiber supplements or laxatives for constipation or medicines to decrease diarrhea, such as Lomotil or loperamide (Imodium). An antispasmodic is commonly prescribed, which helps to control colon muscle spasms and reduce abdominal pain. Antidepressants may relieve some symptoms. However, both antispasmodics and antidepressants can worsen constipation, so some doctors will also prescribe medications that relax muscles in the bladder and intestines, such as Donnapine and Librax. These medications contain a mild sedative, which can be habit forming, so they need to be used under the guidance of a physician.

lol, one of the suggested treatments for irritable bowel syndrome is......FIBER!

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/digestive-health/nutrition/ibduc-.pdf

Fiber
Dietary fiber is an important component of a balanced, healthy diet. Fiber is broken down in the
colon into short chain fatty acids. The colon uses these short chain fatty acids as an energy
source. In people with Ulcerative Colitis, there is no need to limit the intake of dietary fiber.
Likewise, it is not necessary to increase fiber intake above the recommended levels for the
general population. Recommended daily dietary fiber intake is 20-30 grams. Trial and error is
the best way to figure out what amount of fiber you are able to tolerate in your diet. The amount
of fiber tolerated varies between individuals and may also vary with an individual during a UC
flare.

not saying ur dad is a liar! but he may associate fiber because of the foods that bother him, but its may not the fiber in the food that is causing his problems

again observation vs experiment

you blame the fiber in the fruit, when in fact, it may be the acidity. (considering colitis is ulceratative)

i dunno man he says the doctor told him not to eat fiber because it will only irritate his problem. he deos seem to be doing better now. he never much ate any veggies before but used to eat a shitload of fruit and used to be a fruitarian when he was younger like a damn moron. those people are dman annoying. theres a girl in my high school thats a fruitarian and was hospitalized this year from protein and b12 deficiency

had to jump in...first of all, albert hoffman "invented" LSD. Second of all, lsd is not harsh on the body at all. QUOTE]

Owsley didn't actually invent LSD he figured out a way to make it and mass produce it. he was the sole reason for the psychadelic drug movement in the 60s. u can wikipedia him, he was the master behind the awesome sound of the grateful dead

I just wanted to add my pov on fiber.

I have an IBD (microscopic colitis), which flares up mostly during the winter months. During this time, I switch to a low-insoluble fiber, low-sodium diet to keep the symptoms in remission. Afterwards, I can switch back to a normal diet.

According to several GI doctors that I visit (as well as some reading of my own), insoluble fiber seems to play a role in irritating intestines for their patients...but this only seems to relate to those of us with GI issues/concerns. In my case, my body doesn't digest foods completely, so I become irritated when high-fiber food passes through the intestines, particularly with whole wheat and brown rice. Soluble fiber I don't seem to have a problem with, especially if I cook it (leafy greens come to mind). I can digest raw fruit without too much trouble, although I've spoken with other folks who stay away from berries with small seeds because they tend to get stuck in their intestinal pockets.

Now all this being said...a lot of this if from talking with doctors as well as other people with varying degrees of IBD. There aren't any clinical studies on the affect of altering one's diet and/or nutrition, as far as I can tell, so a lot of what I'm saying is based on experience, from myself and those I share info with. I think the general consensus that I'm hearing from doctors though is that if you can eat insoluble fiber without the aforementioned problems experienced, then you should include them since, as mentioned by elbowsmash, they can actually help with those whose symptoms include constipation and are healthy for you. In my case, it's the exact opposite (diarrhea from spasmodic colon), so limiting the amount of insoluble fiber I eat helps me.

I think saying something absolute like fiber is bad for the intestines is incorrect, especially since a lot of this is based on experience, which is personal and subjective. In fact I think subjectiveness is often passed along as objectiveness, which seems to be occurring quite a bit in this thread...

Some reading material:

CCFA.org: Diet & Nutrition
Using Low-Fiber Diets for Chron's Disease Sufferers
Gastrointestinal Health -- the book lists several diets here that works for some IBS/IBD sufferers
Dietary Fiber -- I've included this because of the breakdown between soluble and insoluble fiber, as well as the reasons why dietary fiber is considered pretty important.

(Now ironically...ever since I've been adding liquid aminos to my diet every morning, I haven't experienced a flare-up like the one I described above. We'll see how long this lasts. Makes me wonder...)

Pap: I'm not sure if it's water content in raw meat, but I do believe that fatty meats and dairy tends to keep people satiated, which might be what you're experiencing (can't find a source at the moment for this but seen this before somewhere...). This also may be an affect from changing diets and your body adjusting. Regardless, you still need to drink a lot of water, even when you're not thirsty. How has hunger been for you? Are you consuming enough calories (presuming you're aiming for maintenance or bulking amount of calories)?

Pap: I'm not sure if it's water content in raw meat, but I do believe that fatty meats and dairy tends to keep people satiated, which might be what you're experiencing (can't find a source at the moment for this but seen this before somewhere...). This also may be an affect from changing diets and your body adjusting. Regardless, you still need to drink a lot of water, even when you're not thirsty. How has hunger been for you? Are you consuming enough calories (presuming you're aiming for maintenance or bulking amount of calories)?

I know that raw meat has water content in it and when it is cooked the water drains out. im basing some of this raw meat diet after what ive read about aajonus vonderplanitz. i juss got done reading his book we want to live and it was fabulous. here is an interview wit him check it out
http://drbass.com/aajonus.html

hunger has been great man im not hungry or thristy at all whatsoever which is very weird because im usually always hungry. i think solk was very right in that sense that carbs are what raises bllod sugar and makes someone hungry. im probably consuming between 1000-1200 calories a day eating the 3 small steaks a day that i am. im trying to lose a bunch of weight right now. ive been reading up on no carb/low carb diets for a while now, this is my 1st time trying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back