That Khabib-McG Thread Where Nobody Argued..

..but Michael Johnson doesn't have a fraction the boxing accuracy or power of McGregor and he had Khabib doing the chicken dance.
I think Michael Johnson actually hits HARD. Look what he did to Gaethje ! Had Gaethje super-hurt twice, stumbling around.
OK Gaethje overcame that, but....if you can hurt Gaethje with a shot then you are a hard puncher no doubt.

I've no doubt that Conor can (at least) put Khabib on his ass at some point. Like he did with Diaz in the 2nd Diaz fight. BUT....Diaz just stood back up immediately, he wasn't hurt, he was just popped on his ass. I think Conor can easily do the same to Khabib BUT I am less sure he is going to ROCK Khabib.
Everyone should go re-watch the Khabib vs Barboza fight and see when Barboza leg-kicks Khabib hard to the head (Rd.3, 2m08s remaining) .. and....nothing happened. Khabib just took it and carried on as if he hadn't actually been hit.

Last edited:
I think Michael Johnson actually hits HARD. Look what he did to Gaethje ! Had Gaethje super-hurt twice, stumbling around.
OK Gaethje overcame that, but....if you can hurt Gaethje with a shot then you are a hard puncher no doubt.

I've no doubt that Conor can (at least) put Khabib on his ass at some point. Like he did with Diaz in the 2nd Diaz fight. BUT....Diaz just stood back up immediately, he wasn't hurt, he was just popped on his ass. I think Conor can easily do the same to Khabib BUT I am less sure he is going to ROCK Khabib.
Everyone should go re-watch the Khabib vs Barboza fight and see when Barboza leg-kicks Khabib hard to the head (Rd.3??) .. and....nothing happened. Khabib just took it and carried on as if he hadn't actually been hit.

You raise good points, thanks for posting.

Imagine he just Rocky'd his way through McGregors punches. That would be amazing to witness.

If McG can rock Diaz though, I think he'll get it done with Khabib. Diaz has a boxers Defense, shoulder rolling etc. Khabib will be walking onto everything he gets hit with.

Last edited:
First off, I'm an MMA fan. I don't follow fighters blindly. I used to during my MMA Honeymoon period but I’ve seen a few ‘generations’ come and go now so learned my lesson more than once. (Todd Duffee or Houston Alexander anyone..?)

This upcoming LW Title fight is the definition of Styles Make Fights. The winner is going to make the loser look human but these are far and away the 2 best in LW right now.

Khabib can beat everyone else at LW and there are definitely lightweights who can beat McGregor but they are both each other’s kryptonite.

I’m not saying anything new here but feel like I have to point out that I’m not a blind fanboy for either. I enjoy seeing both men fight.

I’ve gone back and watch both fighters last few fights.

Unless Khabib has learned some new tricks, McGregor makes this easier than the Alvarez fight.

McGregor has a four inch reach advantage and is aiming for the head, Khabib has that reach disadvantage, noticeably is slower and aiming for a calf or ankle…

If you pay attention to the Pro Picks, only the people who are blindly loyal to wrestling are predicting Khabib. Anyone who has fought McGregor knows that his speed and footwork will catch Khabib very, VERY early. Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias.

We went through the same thing during Anderson Silva’s reign. Everyone stood a chance until they witnessed it in person. Nate Diaz showed that you have to be able to give AND take it to beat McGregor. Relying on a single leg from the first bell is lunacy against someone with that level of touch-butt and striking.

Nothing would please me more than a 5 round tit-for-tat war, cementing both men as the legends they are but someone’s going to lose momentum (with the general MMA Fandom/Mob) after this fight.

At this point, I’m more interested in speculating why there has been such little promo…

Has McGregor or Khabib told brass they’re retiring after this fight so they’re trying to protect their other fighter?
Does MCG think he might lose so doesn’t want to give Khabib those extra PPV monies??
Is McG laying low to avoid increasing the negative backlash/court cases he got from the dolly incident?
Has McGregor finally fallen out with Ari?
Has he decided he doesn't need to promote?

Cast your votes on that instead because, bar injury, Khabib is getting TKO’d and I don’t see any valid argument to say otherwise.

while I agree mcgregor could make khabib look bad, multiple times in the Diaz fight he got pushed into the cage. If he misses the Ko shot, he is going to take a step back. If he turns to run off the cage. Khabib will sprint after him.

T
while I agree mcgregor could make khabib look bad, multiple times in the Diaz fight he got pushed into the cage. If he misses the Ko shot, he is going to take a step back. If he turns to run off the cage. Khabib will sprint after him.

That would be funny to see and also something I didn't consider enough.

Will that be blood in the water for Khabib, if McGregor takes his eye off of him.

Interesting.

T

That would be funny to see and also something I didn't consider enough.

Will that be blood in the water for Khabib, if McGregor takes his eye off of him.

Interesting.

I can't remember the fight but I've seen khabib chase down people turning there back and tackling them.

Khabib won't follow mcgregor giving him the thumbs up like Diaz, well hopefully not anyway

I think Conor needs to have learned lateral movement. If he dosen't, he could easily get caught against the cage.

No one else can beat khabib?

Perhaps if he fought too ranked opponents we’d know for sure.

The best outcome is Tony to replace one of them and win. That would be hilarious. To watch both fan bases explode because of the crazy bastard who would be the weirdest champ ever shit on everyone.
Tony’s done. Watch Pettis tko him

Gentlemen, politely piss off into your own self-created argument-free utopia.

Nobody is discussing Tony here. We all know he's trouble for anyone he faces.

Conor doesn't even defend takedowns as well as Anderson Silva did.

People forget that you can pressure someone without leading, and that they have to react to everything correct if their whole route to victory is not letting you get one takedown.

Conor doesn't even defend takedowns as well as Anderson Silva did.

People forget that you can pressure someone without leading, and that they have to react to everything correct if their whole route to victory is not letting you get one takedown.

So is McGregor going to stand there with his hands in his pockets because he's afraid of getting taken down?

Khabib has one feint that he uses every fight to setup every takedown. You're talking as if that's going to hypnotise McGregor into squatting or running away for 25 mins.

Khabib's getting cracked on his way in once McGregor doesn't flinch to that feint.

Last edited:
Khabib has a ton more ways to win. Conor's chances are slim as he really only has a punchers chance. He basically would have to hit a homerun to beat Khabib...

Once Khabib gets a hold of Conor the fight will be over...imo

Good thing Conor is a 90% home run hitter.

Good thing Conor is a 90% home run hitter.

I didn't bother responding to that one. When he started with a "Ton Of Ways To Win" then followed up with the only one universally agreed-upon way to win, it felt like punching down.

Now, get outta here with your McGregor Nuthuggery.

This thread is for condescending adults only.

I didn't bother responding to that one. When he started with a "Ton Of Ways To Win" then followed up with the only one universally agreed-upon way to win, it felt like punching down.

Now, get outta here with your McGregor Nuthuggery.

This thread is for condescending adults only.

You don't know what condescending means lol.

So is McGregor going to stand there with his hands in his pockets because he's afraid of getting taken down?

Khabib has one feint that he uses every fight to setup every takedown. You're talking as if that's going to hypnotise McGregor into squatting or running away for 25 mins. Khabib's getting cracked on his way in once McGregor doesn't flinch to that feint.

Conor has been knocking people out on the counter. Its harder to knock someone out whos moving forward not striking, than it is to takedown someone who is. Conor doesn't just have to hit him once, he has to hurt him beyond recovery. Khabib just has to take him down once, and it will inevitably lead to Conor being beyond recovery.

To win, Conor has to fight Perfect. and maybe he can, hes great. Khabib just has to succeed at one thing to win this fight.

Conor has been knocking people out on the counter. Its harder to knock someone out whos moving forward not striking, than it is to takedown someone who is. Conor doesn't just have to hit him once, he has to hurt him beyond recovery. Khabib just has to take him down once, and it will inevitably lead to Conor being beyond recovery.

To win, Conor has to fight Perfect. and maybe he can, hes great. Khabib just has to succeed at one thing to win this fight.

Moving forward and not striking... that's a confusing statement

Khabib has to take him down every round, not just once.

That's the crux of my prediction.. Khabib won't GnP McGregor out before McGregor TKOs him.

Chances are, whoever wins is going to look more beatable too

First off, I'm an MMA fan. I don't follow fighters blindly. I used to during my MMA Honeymoon period but I’ve seen a few ‘generations’ come and go now so learned my lesson more than once. (Todd Duffee or Houston Alexander anyone..?)

This upcoming LW Title fight is the definition of Styles Make Fights. The winner is going to make the loser look human but these are far and away the 2 best in LW right now.

Khabib can beat everyone else at LW and there are definitely lightweights who can beat McGregor but they are both each other’s kryptonite.

I’m not saying anything new here but feel like I have to point out that I’m not a blind fanboy for either. I enjoy seeing both men fight.

I’ve gone back and watch both fighters last few fights.

Unless Khabib has learned some new tricks, McGregor makes this easier than the Alvarez fight.

McGregor has a four inch reach advantage and is aiming for the head, Khabib has that reach disadvantage, noticeably is slower and aiming for a calf or ankle…

If you pay attention to the Pro Picks, only the people who are blindly loyal to wrestling are predicting Khabib. Anyone who has fought McGregor knows that his speed and footwork will catch Khabib very, VERY early. Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias.

We went through the same thing during Anderson Silva’s reign. Everyone stood a chance until they witnessed it in person. Nate Diaz showed that you have to be able to give AND take it to beat McGregor. Relying on a single leg from the first bell is lunacy against someone with that level of touch-butt and striking.

Nothing would please me more than a 5 round tit-for-tat war, cementing both men as the legends they are but someone’s going to lose momentum (with the general MMA Fandom/Mob) after this fight.

At this point, I’m more interested in speculating why there has been such little promo…

Has McGregor or Khabib told brass they’re retiring after this fight so they’re trying to protect their other fighter?
Does MCG think he might lose so doesn’t want to give Khabib those extra PPV monies??
Is McG laying low to avoid increasing the negative backlash/court cases he got from the dolly incident?
Has McGregor finally fallen out with Ari?
Has he decided he doesn't need to promote?

Cast your votes on that instead because, bar injury, Khabib is getting TKO’d and I don’t see any valid argument to say otherwise.

McG doesn't hit that hard and Khabib has a good chin. Anderson hit much harder and Maia didn't even blink.

touchbutt was clever. I lol'd. nothing else is relevant. sorry ts.

Back