That Khabib-McG Thread Where Nobody Argued..

Didn't Conor refuse to do promo? That might be because he doesn't want to face endless questions about the bus attack, especially when he's getting sued over it.

The bus attack was promo. Hard to believe some Sherbros couldn't see through it.

<JonesLaugh>

The bus attack was promo. Hard to believe some Sherbros couldn't see through it.

<JonesLaugh>

Too risky and actually injured people that has resulted in him being sued, so no.

Far easier ways to get promo.

First off, I'm an MMA fan. I don't follow fighters blindly. I used to during my MMA Honeymoon period but I’ve seen a few ‘generations’ come and go now so learned my lesson more than once. (Todd Duffee or Houston Alexander anyone..?)

This upcoming LW Title fight is the definition of Styles Make Fights. The winner is going to make the loser look human but these are far and away the 2 best in LW right now.

Khabib can beat everyone else at LW and there are definitely lightweights who can beat McGregor but they are both each other’s kryptonite.

I’m not saying anything new here but feel like I have to point out that I’m not a blind fanboy for either. I enjoy seeing both men fight.

I’ve gone back and watch both fighters last few fights.

Unless Khabib has learned some new tricks, McGregor makes this easier than the Alvarez fight.

McGregor has a four inch reach advantage and is aiming for the head, Khabib has that reach disadvantage, noticeably is slower and aiming for a calf or ankle…

If you pay attention to the Pro Picks, only the people who are blindly loyal to wrestling are predicting Khabib. Anyone who has fought McGregor knows that his speed and footwork will catch Khabib very, VERY early. Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias.

We went through the same thing during Anderson Silva’s reign. Everyone stood a chance until they witnessed it in person. Nate Diaz showed that you have to be able to give AND take it to beat McGregor. Relying on a single leg from the first bell is lunacy against someone with that level of touch-butt and striking.

Nothing would please me more than a 5 round tit-for-tat war, cementing both men as the legends they are but someone’s going to lose momentum (with the general MMA Fandom/Mob) after this fight.

At this point, I’m more interested in speculating why there has been such little promo…

Has McGregor or Khabib told brass they’re retiring after this fight so they’re trying to protect their other fighter?
Does MCG think he might lose so doesn’t want to give Khabib those extra PPV monies??
Is McG laying low to avoid increasing the negative backlash/court cases he got from the dolly incident?
Has McGregor finally fallen out with Ari?
Has he decided he doesn't need to promote?

Cast your votes on that instead because, bar injury, Khabib is getting TKO’d and I don’t see any valid argument to say otherwise.

If Conor would lose, Khabib is probably just getting paid the same just like Conor will get paid the same. Champs most of the time get a fixed amount + PPV points, no show/win money. Conor definitely does. So that doesn't make sense.

Also they are doing 2 pressers I've heard and the first is in 2 days.

I think McG's reason for not doing as much promo is because he just wants to train. He doesn't need to do it as much as when he was still on the rise and it is a lot of effort.. Effort that could be spend much more productively in terms of honing his craft. Especially because he will have to do all the heavy lifting promo wise and Khabib doesn't pull his weight. But Khabib would benefit off Conor's promotion efforts because Khabib is getting PPV points too, which I don't think he is too keen on. It also means Khabib would get more time to train in comparision to McG if McG has to do more interviews, and what not, than Khabib. Which means he would be giving away a competitive advantage.

I see it happening the same way, khabib cant say hes fought a striker of conors caliber.

I hope you're right. The timing is suspicious though. Nate and Conor both been out for two years; appearing on back to back cards. They kind of had to make Khabib vs Conor but I dunno if they wanna do it yet. In that context, I think WME would burn Nate vs Conor 3. But again, I hope I'm wrong. I wanna see this thing just like everybody else
Very good point that BOTH Nate and Conor have been out of MMA fights for approx 2years each and.....Tada!!!......they are on consecutive cards all of a sudden. There's a reason that's happened.

I think that whether Conor wins or loses vs Khabib, the UFC's plan is THEN to do Conor vs Nate Diaz 3. (maybe around Feb or March).
It might well be that they told Nate Diaz :
"OK Nate, it's been 2 years now and you've turned everything down cos you want that big 3rd payday with Conor? Well, we're gonna give it to you in 2019, but first have a tune-up fight against....Poirier. That's the deal we are offering -- take it or leave it."

It also would not surprise me that IF Khabib does not make the fight for injury or weight reasons, then UFC plan to NOT put Tony Ferguson in there vs Conor for UFC229 but put Nate Diaz in there instead. I bet they've told Nate "Hey man, make sure you are very close to your weight in early Oct....just in case". I just cannot see UFC letting Conor fight Tony on very short notice.

Last edited:
Cant wait to see Khabib miss weight for what must be the 10th time and Conor going in with no lube on social media absolutely destroying Khabibs career

I would love to see Poirier and Aldo have another chance. McGregors name was built on those bouts and neither got the respect the deserved from fans.

Look at what Dustin has done since.!!

Anyone who has fought McGregor knows that his speed and footwork will catch Khabib very, VERY early. Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias.
did you also listen to anyone who fought Khabib ? why dont you pay attention to what they are saying ?

by the way, you dont sound like a Conor fan , you are a Conor fan

Cant wait to see Khabib miss weight for what must be the 10th time and Conor going in with no lube on social media absolutely destroying Khabibs career

I would be sad if that happened. Weight cutting has stolen so many good fights from us.

I would be sad if that happened. Weight cutting has stolen so many good fights from us.
The pressure on both fighters to make it to this event on Oct. 6th must be huge. Either of them missing weight would be a total disaster.

At least the UFC *does*have have a contingency plan on that, with stand-ins. I'd like to see every single PPV Main and co-main event have planned stand-ins so that we get a fight regardless, even if not the original intended fighters.

<{cruzshake}>

Tony says hello

Admittedly, yes, that was poorly worded.

Tony's great but I was trying to point out that I liked both fighters in this particular bout.

Unfortunately, I don't think the UFC see Tony as marketable as Diaz so he may have to wait if McGregor wins.

I personally think McG sees Tony as more of a risk too so won't be in any rush to fight him.

Very good point that BOTH Nate and Conor have been out of MMA fights for approx 2years each and.....Tada!!!......they are on consecutive cards all of a sudden. There's a reason that's happened.

I think that whether Conor wins or loses vs Khabib, the UFC's plan is THEN to do Conor vs Nate Diaz 3. (maybe around Feb or March).
It might well be that they told Nate Diaz :
"OK Nate, it's been 2 years now and you've turned everything down cos you want that big 3rd payday with Conor? Well, we're gonna give it to you in 2019, but first have a tune-up fight against....Poirier. That's the deal we are offering -- take it or leave it."

It also would not surprise me that IF Khabib does not make the fight for injury or weight reasons, then UFC plan to NOT put Tony Ferguson in there vs Conor for UFC229 but put Nate Diaz in there instead. I bet they've told Nate "Hey man, make sure you are very close to your weight in early Oct....just in case". I just cannot see UFC letting Conor fight Tony on very short notice.

Precisely. You got it man.
Now what are the odds of Khabib pulling out? I'd say it isn't 0!

This upcoming LW Title fight is the definition of Styles Make Fights. The winner is going to make the loser look human but these are far and away the 2 best in LW right now.

Stopped reading right there, because Tony Ferguson.

Trying to run a mature dinner-party vibe here, friends.

Nobody cares for your paranoia or playground mud-slinging (unless you can make it funny or a unique thought, which nobody has yet...)

Take it outside.

<JonesLaugh>

Exactly, Conor is too much of a bitch to ACTUALLY do a gangster move like that.

There's a reason he ran away before the bus stopped and all the fighters inside could get out.

If he was real, he would have waited outside and him and his goons would have smashed Khabib over the head with dollys and chairs until he was in a puddle of blood. He had 40 guys with him, why did he run away?

They ain't do shit, they just threw some shit and ran away.

Exactly, Conor is too much of a bitch to ACTUALLY do a gangster move like that.

There's a reason he ran away before the bus stopped and all the fighters inside could get out.

If he was real, he would have waited outside and him and his goons would have smashed Khabib over the head with dollys and chairs until he was in a puddle of blood. He had 40 guys with him, why did he run away?

They ain't do shit, they just threw some shit and ran away.

I thought you stopped reading...

What kind of a fan are you? You would like it if Khabib miss weight and the fight doesn't happen just so you could see Conor destroy Khabib on social media? Get the fuck out of here you fucking looser. Go watch Kardashian on twitter. Why are you wasting time on Sherdog?

I personally think McG sees Tony as more of a risk too so won't be in any rush to fight him.
My view is that Conor will not ever fight Tony Ferguson.

Hey...if khabib drops out and Conor DOES step in there with Tony, i'll be the first one applauding that. But I don't think it'll happen. It'll be Pettis or Nate.

Back