That Khabib-McG Thread Where Nobody Argued..

neddac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First off, I'm an MMA fan. I don't follow fighters blindly. I used to during my MMA Honeymoon period but I’ve seen a few ‘generations’ come and go now so learned my lesson more than once. (Todd Duffee or Houston Alexander anyone..?)

This upcoming LW Title fight is the definition of Styles Make Fights. The winner is going to make the loser look human but these are far and away the 2 best in LW right now.

Khabib can beat everyone else at LW and there are definitely lightweights who can beat McGregor but they are both each other’s kryptonite.

I’m not saying anything new here but feel like I have to point out that I’m not a blind fanboy for either. I enjoy seeing both men fight.

I’ve gone back and watch both fighters last few fights.

Unless Khabib has learned some new tricks, McGregor makes this easier than the Alvarez fight.

McGregor has a four inch reach advantage and is aiming for the head, Khabib has that reach disadvantage, noticeably is slower and aiming for a calf or ankle…

If you pay attention to the Pro Picks, only the people who are blindly loyal to wrestling are predicting Khabib. Anyone who has fought McGregor knows that his speed and footwork will catch Khabib very, VERY early. Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias.

We went through the same thing during Anderson Silva’s reign. Everyone stood a chance until they witnessed it in person. Nate Diaz showed that you have to be able to give AND take it to beat McGregor. Relying on a single leg from the first bell is lunacy against someone with that level of touch-butt and striking.

Nothing would please me more than a 5 round tit-for-tat war, cementing both men as the legends they are but someone’s going to lose momentum (with the general MMA Fandom/Mob) after this fight.

At this point, I’m more interested in speculating why there has been such little promo…

Has McGregor or Khabib told brass they’re retiring after this fight so they’re trying to protect their other fighter?
Does MCG think he might lose so doesn’t want to give Khabib those extra PPV monies??
Is McG laying low to avoid increasing the negative backlash/court cases he got from the dolly incident?
Has McGregor finally fallen out with Ari?
Has he decided he doesn't need to promote?

Cast your votes on that instead because, bar injury, Khabib is getting TKO’d and I don’t see any valid argument to say otherwise.

Cast your votes on that instead because, bar injury, Khabib is getting TKO’d and I don’t see any valid argument to say otherwise.
Khabib has a ton more ways to win. Conor's chances are slim as he really only has a punchers chance. He basically would have to hit a homerun to beat Khabib...

Once Khabib gets a hold of Conor the fight will be over...imo

My theory as to why there's been so little promo - this fight isn't happening

And don't be shocked if we end up seeing Diaz-McGregor 3 out of all this

all the hype, bullshit & fangirls aside, its VERY exciting matchup

I for one just wanna see everyone make it to this card healthy. It's going to be amazing no matter what so long as that happens. War ufc229<{JustBleed}>

Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias

I remind you on this one, if the fight will end with Khabib winning.

I sure hope not but you're definitely NOT wearing a tinfoil hat with that prediction.

Didn't Conor refuse to do promo? That might be because he doesn't want to face endless questions about the bus attack, especially when he's getting sued over it.

MAybe he doesn't want to talk his usual talk and get embarrassed by Khabib?

I really hope that it's happening.;

I have no clue why there is no promo, they could be killing it - maybe we get to know why after the fight.

Either way I am super exciting for this fight between two titans and I don't want it to end here, I want to see both of these guys vs Tony eventually.

Seems it
First off, I'm an MMA fan. I don't follow fighters blindly. I used to during my MMA Honeymoon period but I’ve seen a few ‘generations’ come and go now so learned my lesson more than once. (Todd Duffee or Houston Alexander anyone..?)

This upcoming LW Title fight is the definition of Styles Make Fights. The winner is going to make the loser look human but these are far and away the 2 best in LW right now.

Khabib can beat everyone else at LW and there are definitely lightweights who can beat McGregor but they are both each other’s kryptonite.

I’m not saying anything new here but feel like I have to point out that I’m not a blind fanboy for either. I enjoy seeing both men fight.

Unless Khabib has learned some new tricks, McGregor makes this easier than the Alvarez fight.

McGregor has a four inch reach advantage and is aiming for the head, Khabib has that reach disadvantage, noticeably is slower and aiming for a calf or ankle…

If you pay attention to the Pro Picks, only the people who are blindly loyal to wrestling are predicting Khabib. Anyone who has fought McGregor knows that his speed and footwork will catch Khabib very, VERY early. Hate even saying this because I sound like the worst kind of McGregor fan but it’s plain to see if you look at it without bias.

We went through the same thing during Anderson Silva’s reign. Everyone stood a chance until they witnessed it in person. Nate Diaz showed that you have to be able to give AND take it to beat McGregor. Relying on a single leg from the first bell is lunacy against someone with that level of touch-butt and striking.

Nothing would please me more than a 5 round tit-for-tat war, cementing both men as the legends they are but someone’s going to lose momentum (with the general MMA Fandom/Mob) after this fight.

At this point, I’m more interested in speculating why there has been such little promo…

Has McGregor or Khabib told brass they’re retiring after this fight so they’re trying to protect their other fighter?
Does MCG think he might lose so doesn’t want to give Khabib those extra PPV monies??
Is McG laying low to avoid increasing the negative backlash/court cases he got from the dolly incident?

S impossible to get a conversation started without arguing on this forum. Would be great if these guys could just sit back and watch while one of the most anticipated match ups nears.

The best outcome is Tony to replace one of them and win. That would be hilarious. To watch both fan bases explode because of the crazy bastard who would be the weirdest champ ever shit on everyone.

I would be surprised because I don't think they'd waste Conor/Nate 3 on a short notice fight. Conor vs someone like Poirer would be more likely.

I have no clue why there is no promo, they could be killing it - maybe we get to know why after the fight.

Either way I am super exciting for this fight between two titans and I don't want it to end here, I want to see both of these guys vs Tony eventually.
I think they mentioned it was because connor doesn't like doing media and they couldn't get him to agree to doing any. Until this press conference in 2 days.

Very bad bait...

bad thread...

Conor slowing down is a huge issue against Khabib though, say he doesn't put him away. I think Khabib takes over from there, but I agree early on he'll take shots. To your questions:

1) Haven't heard a word about immediate retirement from neither, but both have said they won't be around for that long. Khabib's dad is vocal about his future. A few big fights and that's it. While Conor's said he wants to come in, take the belts, make a ton of cash and retire young. Said this as a prospect.

2) It's likely the lack of press is because Conor wants to focus on training. Was out of UFC 200 as well since he got sick of it. It'll sell regardless. Both will get paid. This fight was sold out in seconds and will do the biggest gate to date in MMA. Probably the biggest PPV numbers as well.

3) I don't think he gives a shit about the court stuff. It's child's play given his money and the lack of severity. Don't know about Ari. Don't think it matters as they're both businessmen and having Conor around means both make a whole bunch more than with outside the ring stuff or with other fighters.

Very nice conversation so far guys.

Appreciate it.

I would be surprised because I don't think they'd waste Conor/Nate 3 on a short notice fight. Conor vs someone like Poirer would be more likely.
I hope you're right. The timing is suspicious though. Nate and Conor both been out for two years; appearing on back to back cards. They kind of had to make Khabib vs Conor but I dunno if they wanna do it yet. In that context, I think WME would burn Nate vs Conor 3. But again, I hope I'm wrong. I wanna see this thing just like everybody else

McNuthugger acting like he's unbiased. Nothing to see here.

Back