Crime Texas: Two fat hillbillies kill a Father over garbage

Yes, the victim was the first person to show disrespect.... so he deserved to die or?
Nobody said that. If he "deserved" to die for anything, he deserved to die for undertaking a potentially lethal assault (baseball bats can kill) against two people who were holding him to account, and not advancing on him.

I shed no tears for that douchebag. I'm not terribly concerned what will happen to the hillbillies, but I would hope if someone came at me with a bat, and I gunned them down, I wouldn't waste away in prison. Not my fault.

Why would you bring a bat to a gun party with your wife and kid around... jump back in the fucking car... dude basically commuted suicide.

There are a ton of sociopaths out there on teh "good guys with guns" side with this fantasy. I train BJJ, MMA, kickboxing etc and Joe Rogan did a bit on this on his podcast. Martial artists like us train day in and day out for self defense situations that are 99% surely never going to happen. And he's right.

A lot of 2A guys are like this. They have all these guns, big caliber, high capacity. For what? For something most of us will not ever encounter.

Now of course, I fall into this. I train martial arts, I own guns. I'd rather have the knowledge and equipment and never need it. Plus there's only benefits to training, and its fun to shoot at the range. But there is that 1% of people who are sociopaths or psychopaths who one day, after years of fantasy, will snap and decide to "create" a situation where they will finally test themselves. Guys who will go to a bar looking for a fight, any fight, to test their martial arts skills in real life. But more dangerous to us is the guy who does this with his guns.

I agree with you and that's why I made the point earlier that it's baffling to me that people are saying this is a justified shooting.

A mattress in your back alley dumpster is NOT what gun rights are there to protect. In absolutely no way were these guys using their weapons to defend themselves and their families. Sure they were defending themselves when they pulled the trigger, but the presence of the guns arguably caused that need to begin with. These aren't people that should be defended and held up as responsible gun owners who did the right thing.

I haven't seen anyone calling the dead guy innocent or mourning his loss really, he's clearly a fucking idiot. But so are the wonder twins.

Well if someone has posted about it online it must be true . . . I own several guns. I have NEVER had a dream about shooting another person to be that "good guy with a gun". I don't think it's quite as common as you'd like to think.

Right . . . this proves you didn't really pay much attention to the actual story here . . .

<JagsKiddingMe>

God I sure as hell hope these people represent an extremely small minority of gun owners.

I'm sure there's some gun owners in the US that just have firearms for hunting and sports shooting.
Of course that's the difference between the US and the rest of the developed world. Everywhere else hunting (including pest contol), collecting and sports shooting are about the only reasons for private firearms ownership.
Hence why when neighborly fights break out over here it rarely escalates beyond samurai swords and chainsaws.

Nobody said that. If he "deserved" to die for anything, he deserved to die for undertaking a potentially lethal assault (baseball bats can kill) against two people who were holding him to account, and not advancing on him.

I shed no tears for that douchebag. I'm not terribly concerned what will happen to the hillbillies, but I would hope if someone came at me with a bat, and I gunned them down, I wouldn't waste away in prison. Not my fault.

They were in a sort of “stand off” though for like several minutes, they could’ve walked into their house and locked the door and called the cops, it seemed like anyway.

It’s not like some maniac jumped out of the bushes with a bat.

That is why I posed it as a question because I can't concieve how you would find it relevant to bring up that he was the "first to show disrespect", other than to muddy the water or legitimise him getting shotgunned in the face.

So alright, he deserved to die because he got a baseball bat when confronted with two men with guns drawn. Think about the logic in that sentence and see how it works in reverse. "Potential assualt" is bad, but shooting someone in the face apparently isn't.

I think the issue for these guys is that:

1. They put a gun to the wife's head after killing the husband. That can't be legal to do she posed no threat.

2. According to her sounds like they pulled their guns way to early in a situation like this.

That is why I posed it as a question because I can't concieve how you would find it relevant to bring up that he was the "first to show disrespect", other than to muddy the water or legitimise him getting shotgunned in the face.

So alright, he deserved to die because he got a baseball bat when confronted with two men with guns drawn. Think about the logic in that sentence and see how it works in reverse. "Potential assualt" is bad, but shooting someone in the face apparently isn't.

Nah if pulled the bat out it's more than potential assault it's potential death. One hit to the head could kill those guys.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else . . .

When I was a kid I thought it would be nice to live in the US. After several trips across your country not do much anymore. Tbh I think I has lost a lot of its glory in the last few decades. The infastucture, your healthcare system, the number of people who live in poverty, crime rates, gun laws & shootings, the legal system, your prison system etc etc

Still like to visit but 1/2 weeks at a time is more than enough in general

If someone shoots you in the leg, you're no longer concerned about attacking someone with your bat.

You're concerned with your LEG that was shot....that had you IN EXCRUCIATING PAIN!

The threat ends as a result and VOILA! Nobody dies.

Again. Not a movie. You aim for centre mass.

Guy throws a mattress in a shared bin, two people show up with handguns and shotguns as a seemingly appropriate response. What I don't get, is that the people who are claiming it was a "good shoot" because he threatened them and went to get a bat. How were they not threatening him first? The guy, obviously a bit unhinged, is with his girlfriend and kid and someone takes out a shotgun and a gun ffs?

They were "defending themselves" by shooting him in the face without getting attacked, but he was not defending himself by getting a bat when confronted with two gunmen (putting aside him being an idiot for doing so)? That doesn't many any sense.

The old guy shot first, the man was wounded and threw the bat, the man was then without a bat and already shot, son loads shotgun and shoots him in the face. Old guy fires two additional shots. They then, allegedly, detain the girlfriend at gunpoint. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM AN ACCEPTABLE SHOOTING? OVER A FUCKING MATTRESS. You fucking Americans man.

Yes, the victim was the first person to show disrespect.... so he deserved to die or?

Lol you're such a hack. The death threats never happened in your version. So predictable.

Nah if pulled the bat out it's more than potential assault it's potential death. One hit to the head could kill those guys.
What's more dangerous. A gun + a shotgun or a bat?

Lol you're such a hack. The death threats never happened in your version. So predictable.
A gun + a shotgun > deaththreats in terms of acute threat. How can you not see this?

The tricky part there is that the guy was ranting like crazy BECAUSE of the gun. What really set him off (it seems) is these guys threatening him with a gun in front of children. We don't know what was done or said before the guns came out.

People who view these guys as brave heroes simply assume the dead guy threatened them and caused them to spring into responsible, normal citizenry and execute their neighbor over a dumpster. People who view these guys as inbred hicks with a vigilante fetish assume they charged out of their trailer waving their guns around after watching 10 steven segal movies ready to kill.

The truth is we don't know, and assuming is stupid. Every single person in his video is trash IMO. But they way I see it to justify whipping a pistol out of his basketball shorts to begin with, he better have had a very good reason to think he needed to protect himself. Because someone putting a mattress in a dumpster where you don't want them to put it is not a good reason, nor is a verbal disagreement. Once the guns are out and the guy threatens them and goes after them with a bat is a different discussion. But how things got to that point in the first place is important to me.

What happened to needing guns to defend our homes and family? Now that applies to controlling the contents back alley dumpsters? Why bring a fucking gun? Especially whopper jr back there with the shotgun slung over his shoulder. Pretty funny to see this so vehemently defended when that guy is basically a caricature of a gun nut who thinks he's badass for owning a gun and just wants a reason to kill someone. These people make us all look bad, and this type of shit is a great argument for gun control. And that's coming from someone who doesn't want a gun ban or anything, it's just fucking bizarre to me for people to twist THIS bullshit into a "justified shoot"
The guy's fiancee has admitted he had been diagnosed with an anger disorder. He could have got into thst state if you fucked up his order in a restsursnt. He was mentslly ill.

And before you call bullshit, I've seen a guy have to be restrained by family members in a restaursnt I worled in because he got out of his seat and tried to best up a 5'2 waitress over a fucked up order.

Kinda hard to just take her word for it.

Agreed going to have to see what the guy's account of the situation is. I assume he's already given his testimony about what happened. Could end up a he said she said type situation. Not sure how old the kids are but their testimony might be relevant as well.

Also were they allowed to dump their trash there? This is going to look real bad on those two guys if they were causing all of this when they were allowed to throw the trash there to begin with.

What's more dangerous. A gun + a shotgun or a bat?

A gun + a shotgun > deaththreats in terms of acute threat. How can you not see this?

Clearly a gun but my point was simply that a bat to the head can kill you.

Clearly a gun but my point was simply that a bat to the head can kill you.

Sure, still a hell of a lot less dangerous than firearms. What if they had beaten him to death with bats after he drew a bat?

Back