Crime Texas: Two fat hillbillies kill a Father over garbage

Guy throws a mattress in a shared bin, two people show up with handguns and shotguns as a seemingly appropriate response. What I don't get, is that the people who are claiming it was a "good shoot" because he threatened them and went to get a bat. How were they not threatening him first? The guy, obviously a bit unhinged, is with his girlfriend and kid and someone takes out a shotgun and a gun ffs?

They were "defending themselves" by shooting him in the face without getting attacked, but he was not defending himself by getting a bat when confronted with two gunmen (putting aside him being an idiot for doing so)? That doesn't many any sense.

The old guy shot first, the man was wounded and threw the bat, the man was then without a bat and already shot, son loads shotgun and shoots him in the face. Old guy fires two additional shots. They then, allegedly, detain the girlfriend at gunpoint. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM AN ACCEPTABLE SHOOTING? OVER A FUCKING MATTRESS. You fucking Americans man.

Yes, the victim was the first person to show disrespect.... so he deserved to die or?

How much of this thread have you read through? Most of your concerns have been addressed or opinions provided as to why this or that occurred.

These fatfucks are going to jail for life.....

"Box said John Miller walked up to her and put the handgun to her head, yelling at her to get on the ground. She said Michael Miller went over to Aaron’s brother, placed the shotgun to his head, and ordered him to the ground."

“We had thrown out a twin mattress in a dumpster in our alley a few days before the shooting,” Box said. “You have to have the mattress in the dumpster or they will not haul it away.”
On the morning of Sept. 1, Box and Howard were in the backyard when they saw the mattress was on their property. Howard tossed it back in the dumpster.
Box said that’s when John Miller came to the alley, pulled the mattress out of the dumpster and tossed it back on Howard’s property.
Howard told Miller to put it back in the dumpster. Miller cursed at Howard and told him he wasn’t going to do that, Box said.
“That’s when John (Miller) pulled a pistol out of his shorts,” she said. Box noted that Howard’s nieces and nephews had been with them in the backyard.
“Aaron goes into pappa bear mode,” Box said. “A man has just pulled a gun on his wife, his brother, his nieces and nephews.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218728710.html

This wasn't a case of Vigilante'ism(or whatever the word is) but it wasn't Self-defense either

Look . . . you obviously have your mind made up . . . you say it wasn't self-defense but then proceed to state the victim had a weapon (in this case a bat).

Victim had a bat.

See right here . . . a bat.

They (meaning TWO ) had guns.

So if they also had bats and killed him you'd stop trying to tell folks to shoot the leg?

They could've shot him in the leg to stop him OR shot into the air to scare him into running away.

Oh . . . okay . . . still on shooting the leg.

I guarantee that's what the Prosecutors office is going to suggest when this shit goes to trial.

Any other cases where this was argument was actually presented in a trial?

They do, but people should never count on that. There are a lot people that can't pull the trigger even when they are given the green light (combat etc). It's an extremely difficult thing to do and for a good person, it will change your life forever. Even as these two talk tough, they'll probably be crying themselves to sleep for a while.

These two clowns are going to be crying, alright....

When they're bent over in the showers....

They have no clue (once they're convicted and sentenced) what's in store for them.... <{jackyeah}>

How much of this thread have you read through? Most of your concerns have been addressed or opinions provided as to why this or that occurred.
All of it and you're not making any sense.

Or he had dreams of one day being that "good guy with a gun" they talk about online.

You know, the guys who stop people from putting trash in a dumpster with lethal force. Heroes!

There are a ton of sociopaths out there on teh "good guys with guns" side with this fantasy. I train BJJ, MMA, kickboxing etc and Joe Rogan did a bit on this on his podcast. Martial artists like us train day in and day out for self defense situations that are 99% surely never going to happen. And he's right.

A lot of 2A guys are like this. They have all these guns, big caliber, high capacity. For what? For something most of us will not ever encounter.

Now of course, I fall into this. I train martial arts, I own guns. I'd rather have the knowledge and equipment and never need it. Plus there's only benefits to training, and its fun to shoot at the range. But there is that 1% of people who are sociopaths or psychopaths who one day, after years of fantasy, will snap and decide to "create" a situation where they will finally test themselves. Guys who will go to a bar looking for a fight, any fight, to test their martial arts skills in real life. But more dangerous to us is the guy who does this with his guns.

Or he had dreams of one day being that "good guy with a gun" they talk about online.

Well if someone has posted about it online it must be true . . . I own several guns. I have NEVER had a dream about shooting another person to be that "good guy with a gun". I don't think it's quite as common as you'd like to think.

You know, the guys who stop people from putting trash in a dumpster with lethal force. Heroes!

Right . . . this proves you didn't really pay much attention to the actual story here . . .

Are you saying civilians should be held to higher standards than the police?

Uhhh.....YEAH? <LikeReally5>

The Police are the ones who have the guns and authority to use them to "Protect and Serve"(remember that motto?).

Civilians DO NOT for that reason. It's their job to FOLLOW THE LAW, not be ABOVE IT.

Last edited:

I don't think your opinion would jive with his. Just saying... lol

"Box said John Miller walked up to her and put the handgun to her head, yelling at her to get on the ground. She said Michael Miller went over to Aaron’s brother, placed the shotgun to his head, and ordered him to the ground."

“We had thrown out a twin mattress in a dumpster in our alley a few days before the shooting,” Box said. “You have to have the mattress in the dumpster or they will not haul it away.”
On the morning of Sept. 1, Box and Howard were in the backyard when they saw the mattress was on their property. Howard tossed it back in the dumpster.
Box said that’s when John Miller came to the alley, pulled the mattress out of the dumpster and tossed it back on Howard’s property.
Howard told Miller to put it back in the dumpster. Miller cursed at Howard and told him he wasn’t going to do that, Box said.
“That’s when John (Miller) pulled a pistol out of his shorts,” she said. Box noted that Howard’s nieces and nephews had been with them in the backyard.
“Aaron goes into pappa bear mode,” Box said. “A man has just pulled a gun on his wife, his brother, his nieces and nephews.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218728710.html

WELL......What does Viva La Dorkus @VivaRevolution have to say about this??

EH?

Self-Defense, MY FUCKING ASS!! <3><3><3>

Yea they put a gun to the wifes head after they killed the husband. They are in trouble for that a lone she did nothing wrong and they have no reason for doing that.

If the rest of the stuff she is saying happened sounds like they pulled out the guns to quickly and will go to jail.

Look . . . you obviously have your mind made up . . . you say it wasn't self-defense but then proceed to state the victim had a weapon (in this case a bat).

See right here . . . a bat.

So if they also had bats and killed him you'd stop trying to tell folks to shoot the leg?

Oh . . . okay . . . still on shooting the leg.

Any other cases where this was argument was actually presented in a trial?

Here :

Truth hurts. Have some humble pie, sir. <13>

There are a ton of sociopaths out there on teh "good guys with guns" side with this fantasy.

Edison . . . dude . . . come on. I'll give you that there are truly those guys out there that would fit right into a description of some "gun nut", but let's be realistic. The vast majority of us gun owners hope to never need to use a gun in a self-defense situation.

I train BJJ, MMA, kickboxing etc and Joe Rogan did a bit on this on his podcast. Martial artists like us train day in and day out for self defense situations that are 99% surely never going to happen. And he's right.

Yep . . . there are a lot of folks who train in some manner or another for a situation that won't ever happen . .

A lot of 2A guys are like this. They have all these guns, big caliber, high capacity. For what? For something most of us will not ever encounter.

Not really as common as you'd like to think . . . again, there are those "prepper" types who probably do horde this or that but most of us like to build ARs, hunt, etc. and have the appropriate calibers for their respecitve purposes.

Now of course, I fall into this. I train martial arts, I own guns. I'd rather have the knowledge and equipment and never need it. Plus there's only benefits to training, and its fun to shoot at the range. But there is that 1% of people who are sociopaths or psychopaths who one day, after years of fantasy, will snap and decide to "create" a situation where they will finally test themselves. Guys who will go to a bar looking for a fight, any fight, to test their martial arts skills in real life. But more dangerous to us is the guy who does this with his guns.

Folks not being responsible and behaving irrationally are definitely a problem.

WELL......What does Viva La Dorkus have to say about this??

EH?

Self-Defense, MY FUCKING ASS!! <3><3><3>

Thats honestly disgusting after I read it... I see why they feel they can get him for murder. Man was on his own property minding his own buisness until an armed dude started to fuck with him and throw his trash onto his property... Number one rule of concealed carry... dont go looking for confrontations... Good luck arguing that in court when the gun owner started the confrontation and the dude who was shot did nothing legally wrong.

Thats honestly disgusting after I read it... I see why they feel they can get him for murder. Man was on his own property minding his own buisness until an armed dude started to fuck with him and throw his trash onto his property... Number one rule of concealed carry... dont go looking for confrontations... Good luck arguing that in court when the gun owner started the confrontation and the dude who was shot did nothing legally wrong.

It's a completely different story if this was indeed occurring near or at the Victim's property.

Sorry, boys(fatasses), but you're both fucking murderers.

And the posters here who tried justifying this crap are just as bad.

I hope this update now puts an end to the "sympathizing" of swine now.

Here :

Not sure what I'm supposed to get out of this . . . I never said one thing about how they two fatties handled themselves after the shooting.

What? I've not once condoned anything that happened after the shooting and was well aware of the particular part of the story leading up to the dumpster fire of an argument. What does that have to do with my question about why you believe the prosecution would go the "why didn't you shoot in the leg" approach?

Truth hurts. Have some humble pie, sir. <13>

Huh?

Edison . . . dude . . . come on. I'll give you that there are truly those guys out there that would fit right into a description of some "gun nut", but let's be realistic. The vast majority of us gun owners hope to never need to use a gun in a self-defense situation.

Yep . . . there are a lot of folks who train in some manner or another for a situation that won't ever happen . .

Not really as common as you'd like to think . . . again, there are those "prepper" types who probably do horde this or that but most of us like to build ARs, hunt, etc. and have the appropriate calibers for their respecitve purposes.

Folks not being responsible and behaving irrationally are definitely a problem.

That post isn't meant to be a "anti-gun" post, more a comment on what I personally see as the increasing rate of sociopaths walking around our society. I mean you only need to spend about 5 minutes on social media before you start running across them.

Edit

Maybe what I'm trying to say is not that they are sociopaths because they are gun nuts. But that they are gun nuts because of their sociopathy. Just like I know LOTS of people who train and compete in combat sports who are sociopaths. Every gym has that guy who doesn't really care who he injures in training, or what the other person is getting out of it. Even if its just 1%, that one percent is still a lot of people when talking about something millions of people are into.

Last edited:
Uhhh.....YEAH? <LikeReally5>

The Police are the ones who have the guns and authority to use them to "Protect and Serve"(remember that motto?).

Civilians DO NOT for that reason. It's their job to FOLLOW THE LAW, not be ABOVE IT.

According the Supreme Court the police have no duty to protect or serve our citizens. Furthermore, the police are not supposed to be above the law, they are suppose to enforce it.

We have the 2A and it is unwise to threaten to kill armed men and aggressively invade their personal space while making such threats.

Legs... you should know how to use em.

Fingers... learn how to dial 911.

“Standing your ground” on a shared driveway with multiple points of egress.

What an unnecessary waste of life.

Back