Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D in theaters 2017

Well if that's the case then NO, I don't want to see it. Seen it a million times already.
I might watch it and pretend seeing it the first time.

I did not see these in the Cinema before I am like 9 years old when T2 was originaly released only seen this thru VHS and DVDs.

I've heard good things about The Sarah Conor Chronicles. It's been recommended to me many times.

Expecting it to be as good as T2 is kind of foolish, frankly. It was a TV show, not a $100 million movie. (And that's $100 million in 1991 dollars.)

It's all right. I wouldn't call it required viewing. But it's better than Terminator 3.

It's all right. I wouldn't call it required viewing. But it's better than Terminator 3.

I keep meaning to check it out but just can't seem to manage to get around to it.

I've seen some people say it's just okay, but others speak pretty highly of it.

I hope they bring back Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong. I know Furlong looks like Jabba the Hut nowadays, but dammit, get him a personal trainer like they did with Carrie Fisher and give him 6 months to get into better shape. I'll take a fat Furlong over a chiseled Christian Bale any day for John Connor.

I've heard good things about The Sarah Conor Chronicles. It's been recommended to me many times.

Expecting it to be as good as T2 is kind of foolish, frankly. It was a TV show, not a $100 million movie. (And that's $100 million in 1991 dollars.)

I actually checked out the first several episodes here not too long ago and there's just too much going on. It doesn't "feel" like Terminator at all. Like in the first two films, time travel and Terminators were an extremely limited thing. In the SCC it seemed like you had Terminators everywhere and time travel was happening constantly. I thought it was garbage to be honest. Maybe it's better than T3 or TS, but that's not saying anything. Shit is shit. I'd rather they just retcon'd everything after T2 out of existence. Cut out the cancer of the series and just move forward with the only things that matter.....T1/T2.

So I guess James Cameron has done some tidying up with CGI. He's digitally replaced a windshield, edited out a cameraman's head, mapped Arnold's face of the obvious stunt man, and digitally hid the T-1000s balls from the opening of the movie. No homo, I'm sorta bummed they edited out his balls. Why are we so offended by nudity? I think having them in adds to the raw grittiness of the picture, sort of like when you Arnold's dick swinging as he walks up to the punks in T1. It was covered in shadow but you could still tell. It just seems by covering it up they're playing it too safe.

Overall though I'm fine with most of these touch ups because it's exactly what CGI is supposed to be used for. The one area that really bums me the fuck out is that they altered the color palette of the film. I loved the blues during the night, but apparently that's gone now. That's a huge fucking bummer.

For fucks sake. I just found out they're only showing this in AMC theaters, not Cinemark. The nearest AMC theater to me is like ~250 miles away.

I saw Jurassic Park in 3D when they re-released it in theaters. I probably saw it 10+ times during its original release and countless times since.

It was still fucking awesome getting the theater experience again after 20 years.

Much like Jurassic Park I was only an infant when this came out so I can't wait to see this on the big screen. Got more of my friends to come see Jurassic Park 3D than any movie outside of Harry Potter or a comic book movie.

If it's only AMC then I'll need to head to the next valley...great.

Last edited:
I caught this over the weekend and the 3D is okay. It's a little weird in places, so instead of popping out from the screene, instead there were wonky depth issues, almost like watching an engraving at times.

But it's still an awesome movie. The thing I took away from it was this: I'd watched it in the theater on its first run and back then it was HUGE. It seemed like such a big, sprawling picture. But these days almost all the major pictures have this huge scope, and by comparison T2 seems almost small. It was an odd feeling, realizing how far cinema's come.

was excited when i heard about it, but i don't like 3d

Overrated film. I rewatched it a decade or so ago, and was surprised how it didn't really hold up. There are some iconic visuals, but as an actual film, the direction is lacking, and the pace is very blocky. The first film on the other hand, is far superior in my view, and actually holds up very well.

I keep meaning to check it out but just can't seem to manage to get around to it.

I've seen some people say it's just okay, but others speak pretty highly of it.

It is 100% required viewing. It was great start to finish. I wish there was a season 3 as they left it at an unexpected cliffhanger. Go, watch, now.

It is 100% required viewing. It was great start to finish. I wish there was a season 3 as they left it at an unexpected cliffhanger. Go, watch, now.

I'll check it out. I was surprised to learn that Lena Headey/Cersei Lanister played Sarah Connor in the show.

I caught this over the weekend and the 3D is okay. It's a little weird in places, so instead of popping out from the screene, instead there were wonky depth issues, almost like watching an engraving at times.

But it's still an awesome movie. The thing I took away from it was this: I'd watched it in the theater on its first run and back then it was HUGE. It seemed like such a big, sprawling picture. But these days almost all the major pictures have this huge scope, and by comparison T2 seems almost small. It was an odd feeling, realizing how far cinema's come.

I felt much the same. It's scale is small in comparison to modern popcorn movies -- which save for a movie like Logan, Wonder Woman, or Apes 3, are massive, -- but like the aforementioned m T2 blows the bloated CGI fests away.

Happened to be down in an area with an AMC theater so I ran over and saw this. The 3D overall was pretty good but could have definitely been better. Although I've seen the movie countless times seeing it for the first time on the big screen with the movie theater sound system was absolutely amazing! I haven't had such a good time at the movies in years. Sadly though only like 6 other people were in the theater with me. They really fucked up with the promotion of this release, especially by not also releasing it in Cinemark theaters. Way to cut off a huge portion of the population. Idiots.

But seeing it now, I feel like I felt the full weight of the picture and experienced its emotional range entirely. And boy, it's actually quite a heavy picture.

I will desperately keep my fingers crossed that the next film ignores everything outside of T1 & T2. Seeing as everything else is complete garbage, a direct sequel to T2 would be much welcome. I hope Cameron uses his executive power to fix the series and right the ship. The only way to do that is via total retcon. Seeing T2 again so recently only drove home that fact even more.

I will desperately keep my fingers crossed that the next film ignores everything outside of T1 & T2. Seeing as everything else is complete garbage, a direct sequel to T2 would be much welcome. I hope Cameron uses his executive power to fix the series and right the ship. The only way to do that is via total retcon. Seeing T2 again so recently only drove home that fact even more.

Retcon it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Back