Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D in theaters 2017

I actually like this news despite not being a fan of 3D at all. Haven't seen it in a while but the CGI in this movie is more realistic than half the shit released this past decade. I wonder if they will "re-master" the CGI parts.

It's mind blowing to me that the CGI in T2 is better looking than the CGI in T3, TS, and TG. But I don't think they need to re-do any of the CGI. With the track record of Hollywood, they'd probably make it look worse.

It's mind blowing to me that the CGI in T2 is better looking than the CGI in T3, TS, and TG. But I don't think they need to re-do any of the CGI. With the track record of Hollywood, they'd probably make it look worse.

James Cameron doesn't release something until it meets his standards, which are substantially higher than the general Hollywood standard.

Terminator 3-5 are lacking a number of things, but most of all the perfectionism of an artist.

James Cameron doesn't release something until it meets his standards, which are substantially higher than the general Hollywood standard.

Terminator 3-5 are lacking a number of things, but most of all the perfectionism of an artist.

That's true. Is he directly overseeing the 3D process like he did for Titanic, or is he not hands on for this?

Hope it is as good as Jurassic Park 3D or the Disney Golden Age 3D stuff.

I hope this is more towards the beginning of 2017 and not the middle or end. God, if they announce "December 2017" I'm gonna be pissed.

I wish they brought back drive-in's. Those were freakin awesome as a kid...

They still have one close to where I live. It's awesome and it's usually packed. they play 2 new movies and it costs like $5 per car load.

Desperate to cleanse the palate after Genisys.
I am rewatching The Sarah Connor Chronicles right now. Before Genisys bombed they were talking about another Terminator TV show. They'd be lucky if it was half what TSCC was.

It's a shame how badly they've pissed away the promise of this franchise.

I'd love to see T2 on the big screen, but fuck 3D. What a waste.

Ordinarily I would agree, but specifically make this into 3D, especially if Cameron himself is overseeing, then I'm all for it. It gives it an extra little something to look forward to while seeing it. On its own it's an excellent movie, that I've seen probably 200 times, so that extra 3D is gonna be kind of a cool new experience.

They still have one close to where I live. It's awesome and it's usually packed. they play 2 new movies and it costs like $5 per car load.

Where you live? As far as I know, they're all extinct where I'm at.

I am rewatching The Sarah Connor Chronicles right now. Before Genisys bombed they were talking about another Terminator TV show. They'd be lucky if it was half what TSCC was.

Please God, no. I just want them to let the series ride off into the sunset.......until Cameron gets the rights back. What did you find so great about TSCC?

Ordinarily I would agree, but specifically make this into 3D, especially if Cameron himself is overseeing, then I'm all for it. It gives it an extra little something to look forward to while seeing it. On its own it's an excellent movie, that I've seen probably 200 times, so that extra 3D is gonna be kind of a cool new experience.

Where you live? As far as I know, they're all extinct where I'm at.

Please God, no. I just want them to let the series ride off into the sunset.......until Cameron gets the rights back. What did you find so great about TSCC?

I like how TSCC is more thoughtful about AI and what it means to be human. The writing is deeper than cheap time paradoxes and "Kill that killer robot before it kills me". I also liked the expanded mythology of the terminators, where the shapeshifters and T-8xxx models were different factions with different goals.

But the thing I liked most is the strong, well written characters. Since T2 no matter who the films cast, characterizations and acting have been sub par.

I'm thankful it was cancelled just in time for what-her-name to be cast as Cersi in Game of Thrones.

I like how TSCC is more thoughtful about AI and what it means to be human. The writing is deeper than cheap time paradoxes and "Kill that killer robot before it kills me". I also liked the expanded mythology of the terminators, where the shapeshifters and T-8xxx models were different factions with different goals.

But the thing I liked most is the strong, well written characters. Since T2 no matter who the films cast, characterizations and acting have been sub par.

I never watched it but I heard it was basically just as shit as T3, TS, and TG. Maybe not as bad but definitely not anywhere near T1/T2.

I never watched it but I heard it was basically just as shit as T3, TS, and TG. Maybe not as bad but definitely not anywhere near T1/T2.
I dunno. A lot of people think Terminator without Arnie or Cameron is automatically shit. It's not T1/T2 but those are GOAT level, kind of an unfair bar for a TV show.

I am a fan of the show, so I'm biased, but I'd encourage you to watch a few episodes and judge for yourself.

I dunno. A lot of people think Terminator without Arnie or Cameron is automatically shit. It's not T1/T2 but those are GOAT level, kind of an unfair bar for a TV show.

I am a fan of the show, so I'm biased, but I'd encourage you to watch a few episodes and judge for yourself.

I'll check it out for sure, but I get why people think Terminator is shit without Cameron...... because it is. Not even Arnold or Christian Bale can make it good.

I was all for a "third film" after T2, but the one we got and everything I've seen after has been all wrong on pretty much every single level. It either didn't look right, feel right, or didn't mesh well at all with the world Cameron had established. So....

Ha, I knew it........ (Cameron didn't really like any of the later Terminator films)

“I think it’s fairly widely known that I don’t have a lot of respect for the films that were made later,” Cameron says. “I was supportive at the time in each case for Arnold’s sake because he is a close friend. He has been a mate of mine since 33 years ago so I was always supportive and never too negative. But they didn’t work for me for various reasons.”

James Cameron hoping to make new Terminator trilogy

Seen the movie a million times, what's the point of watching it in 3d?

I've heard good things about The Sarah Conor Chronicles. It's been recommended to me many times.

Expecting it to be as good as T2 is kind of foolish, frankly. It was a TV show, not a $100 million movie. (And that's $100 million in 1991 dollars.)

Back