Tell me about Julian Assange and wikileaks

How about instead I say, that I any of this is true, then why haven't they tried him in absentia?

Ask the Swedish judicial system (which I believe has constitutional safeguards against trying a citizen in absentia, but I would be mistaken). But it doesn't have anything to do with the US, or mean that the evil US was the reason for his hiding.

Assage wasn't a darling to the left, other than to partisans. Just like he isn't a darling to the right, other than to partisans. He's in charge of an organization that selectively leaks information based on his political biases, which he isn't shy about sharing.

Prove it yourself.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

If a person making a claim refuses to support it, then everyone else has little choice but to dismiss it.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ask the Swedish judicial system (which I believe has constitutional safeguards against trying a citizen in absentia, but I would be mistaken). But it doesn't have anything to do with the US, or mean that the evil US was the reason for his hiding.

Assage wasn't a darling to the left, other than to partisans. Just like he isn't a darling to the right, other than to partisans. He's in charge of an organization that selectively leaks information based on his political biases, which he isn't shy about sharing.

Plausible deniability and slander.

The laws for which Assange stood accused were on the books in Sweden, and the pleadings matched. You can say you don't believe his accusers, or that the Swedish laws were stupid (they were), but they have nothing to do with the US. Assange always blames the US. He blames them for everything, including him dodging these charges. He made no attempt to argue against the Swedish laws, or to defend himself from the accusations. All he did was blame the US and insist that it was all an American plot to have him extradited. Sweden even came out and swore they wouldn't extradite him. Still he hid.

He knew that his vague blame towards the US would be enough for his lemmings to ignore the rape charges. And he was right.

Lol. Swore they would not extradite. Who is the lemming

what are his political biases?

And in the name of classification, and state secrets act, far worse has occurred.

Disagree with assange's open source platform all you want, but let's not pretend it is any less legitimate, than classifying what someone had for lunch.
What I'm saying is Assange has lost the moral high ground and the integrity of Wikileaks is tainted.

Come on, we know what it is. Democrats hate him now, republicans hated him 10 year ago. It just depends on who he jabbed last.

Like I said, your statement that criticism of Wikileaks has only been recent, or even your change to claim that it was only partisan, is nonsense. Serious criticism of Assange ramped up in 2011 with the changes in the organisation and his move to become the face of Wikileaks.
That had nothing to do with American political tribalism. It was from the tech community, Russian ex-pats, human rights organisations and even members of left-wing press, who saw how flawed his leadership was.

What I'm saying is Assange has lost the moral high ground and the integrity of Wikileaks is tainted.
Why were you concerned with integrity and morality from a whistle blowing site in the first place? Just take the information and be done with them.

I don't completely trust anyone. Wikileaks included.

You shouldn't either.

Fox news is a dumpster fire. I don't dismiss a news story from them for this reason. I am skeptical, but I don't dismiss.

If I thought that made sense, I would be an unapologetic racist.

Like I said, your statement that criticism of Wikileaks has only been recent, or even your change to claim that it was only partisan, is nonsense. Serious criticism of Assange ramped up in 2011 with the changes in the organisation and his move to becoming the face of Wikileaks.
That had nothing to do with American political tribalism. It was from the tech community, Russian ex-pats and even members of left-wing press, who saw how flawed his leadership was.
What leadership? Dude's taking what's given to him. As far as I know, he isn't sitting on stuff because of political parties, he doesn't even live here. I don't think he's releasing stuff based on political affiliation.

What leadership? Dude's taking what's given to him. As far as I know, he isn't sitting on stuff because of political parties, he doesn't even live here. I don't think he's releasing stuff based on political affiliation.

Have you not been paying attention? He isn't just releasing information anonymously in blocks on the website anymore. He's used Wikileaks notoriety as a platform and gone on to use video (including on RT) and social media to promote himself, his agenda and narratives. He pushed away a lot of the most technically capable people involved in the start of wikileaks, sloppily released information from Manning in regards to Afghans (names of informants), the Macron leaks, the name of a press informant in Ethiopia and the leaks revealing the details (phone numbers) of Turkish female voters.
I didn't claim he's holding back information (I posted the video suggesting the apparent anti-Western bias is simply a result of working only in the anglosphere), but in terms of wikileaks' credibility his email to Trump Jr is a huge blow.

Why were you concerned with integrity and morality from a whistle blowing site in the first place? Just take the information and be done with them.
When they are puppets of a foreign entity that wants to interfere with my countries election process...

They are no longer just a "whistle blower site".

Why is he pro Trump?

You shouldn't either.

Fox news is a dumpster fire. I don't dismiss a news story from them for this reason. I am skeptical, but I don't dismiss.

If I thought that made sense, I would be an unapologetic racist.
What do you mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back