Teacher with a gun barricades himself inside classroom

What you're describing is suppressive fire. Suppressive fire is used to gain fire superiority and yo maneuver. The guy they were shooting at only fired 2 rounds, so it seems unlikely they were using suppressive fire. What seems more likely, is that the guy popped off a few shots and the cops went batshit crazy and lit up the vehicle.

Cops rarely use suppressive fire because the operate in populated neighborhoods.

Yes that is correct but I said we don't have enough information to know what happened.

It could be the cops went bat shit but we don't know.

I'm pretty confident Donald is talking about armed teachers just as a distraction. When he has things he wants to get done, he says stuff like that to keep the media busy. It aways works.

But as a person who is generally pro-gun rights but also has teaching experience, arming teachers doesn't make sense from any perspective. As a teacher, a lot of technique goes into maintaining control of the classroom without students knowing you're maintaining control. Not only does this make stufents feel at ease enough to learn properly, but it also keeps students from challenging your authority if they don't know you're exercising it.

But it actually makes far less sense from a gun safety standpoint. A classroom is not a secure area. Kids are frequently behind the teacher or out of view. Like with police, anytime a student attacks a teacher or is fooling around with a teacher's desk, you are no essentially in a gun fight since accessing a key to the guns would lead to that. If a student is fooling around at my desk, I don't want to treat that student as if we're in a gun fight.

Every lesson would feel like a traffic hot stop. Needless to say, no one would learn anything and some kids would get KOd and some teachers would go to prison.

Yea I don't like the idea really of them carrying in the class unless the teacher has experience. Say a vet or excop. But if the weapon was locked in a small safe in a the class room as a last ditch effort to defend a locked classroom I could see it working.

Well 2/65 is a very low percentage, but it's not like cops have great accuracy in gunfights overall either:

In gunfights, trained officers have 18 percent hit rate. Yet, we want to arm teachers?
https://www.myajc.com/blog/get-scho...yet-want-arm-teachers/mDBlhDtV6Na4wJVpeu58cM/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/opinion/teachers-guns-classrooms.html

But you knew that, too, right?

Yes a knew that and if you read the post I just made I'm not in favor of just arming teachers and the trained response should be very specific.

Yes a knew that and if you read the post I just made I'm not in favor of just arming teachers and the trained response should be very specific.

How much training is enough?

Who will pay for the training?

How often will it be re-trained?

They would need training, and I don't see a better solution.
Then you're short sighted. I won't go into options but I'm getting very tired of hearing that the solution to guns is more guns, so lets just not go further.

How much training is enough?

Who will pay for the training?

How often will it be re-trained?

It depends on what is expected of the teacher.

If we expect them to lock the classroom door hang a code the teacher is armed and put the students behind cover. Then they take cover and only react if the shooter tries to get in. Then the training and refresher is not that much.

To work best this would require trained cops as the first responder to go after the shooter.

Well, that's fucking convenient. Hope the teachers sacrifice was worth it to prove his point.

Yea I don't like the idea really of them carrying in the class unless the teacher has experience. Say a vet or excop. But if the weapon was locked in a small safe in a the class room as a last ditch effort to defend a locked classroom I could see it working.

But where do you put the keys? If they're anywhere in the classroom, the kids will find them. I guess you could have a safe with a numkey password? But then you have to pay to have a gun and safe and ammo in every classroom, not to talk of the training it would take to get teachers ready. Will you pay teachers extra?

The other, unspoken issue is that most teachers are young women who have never been responsible for anyone's public safety, ever. It's a responsibility they simply don't want and it's one they haven't been rigorously prepared for like most men and like women in other professions or life circumstances. These aren't the people I want defending even my worst enemy's kids when shit hits the fan.

staged

probably see more staged gun sht like this. and unfortunately some of it will be at the expense of lives. yes there are lefties out there who barter in that kind of "ends justifies means" thinking

staged

probably see more staged gun sht like this. and unfortunately some of it will be at the expense of lives. yes there are lefties out there who barter in that kind of "ends justifies means" thinking
3b75813af2350e14a3403e46e8539c3cb2f8d44e36b0a0ff450203ef80b42b2c.jpg

Had this teacher in the 7th grade that would go hands on with the students.

A male science teacher that was also the girls volleyball coach.

He would throw erasers, chairs, books and markers at students.

He doesnt need a gun.

But where do you put the keys? If they're anywhere in the classroom, the kids will find them. I guess you could have a safe with a numkey password? But then you have to pay to have a gun and safe and ammo in every classroom, not to talk of the training it would take to get teachers ready. Will you pay teachers extra?

The other, unspoken issue is that most teachers are young women who have never been responsible for anyone's public safety, ever. It's a responsibility they simply don't want and it's one they haven't been rigorously prepared for like most men and like women in other professions or life circumstances. These aren't the people I want defending even my worst enemy's kids when shit hits the fan.

You use combination or thumb print.

You don't make any teacher have a gun .

Like I said they would be the last line of defence not the first.

Back