Teacher with a gun barricades himself inside classroom

Just because they have one good idea, doesn't mean we should copy their gun laws.

You have to respect the 2nd Amendment.

But why were you wrong about Israel arming teachers?

https://nypost.com/2018/02/26/no-israeli-teachers-dont-bring-guns-to-school/

“Israeli schools are protected by professional authorized security officers, not members of the teaching or administrative staff,” she said.

“However, only in very exceptional circumstances, this may be allowed under strict conditions, which include the presentation of a valid weapons permit.”

You think giving random teachers who will never actually practice using them is better than actual police.

Then you cite actual trained police crumbling in the moment of truth as a reason to give guns to random teachers, assuming some 110 lb math teacher can become Rambo.

That's it, you convinced me with a youtube video.

Oh man, I'm convinced too. A convenience store is exactly like a school because kids are everywhere and in both situations you are shooting from extremely close distances like in a school hallway.

AC9t70E.jpg

This reminds me of my school in the 80s.

70% of the vehicles had gun racks with guns.

No one locked their doors.

No one ran outside to grab a gun and shoot people.

I remember the High School Principal and members of the football team comparing deer rifles they intended to hunt with that winter.
b982a910807646a2390ee12ab53b6987.jpg

What a terrible example. Neither of those women look like they know how to properly handle a firearm, and the one almost ends up shooting her co-worker @0:47 as she's struggling with the guy.

That would definitely make schools a safer place.

The only thing that stops a bad mop with a gun is a good mop cart with a gun.

I disagree completely. If all the spray bottles had guns then the bad mop would be too intimated to enter and find another janitor to shoot up

So is anyone else watching this episode on Trump right now..

Another live meeting so we can see he is actually trying ..

Trump " why do we have laws that allows mentally unstable people allowed to by guns, we need to get rid of that....

...you signed off on that about a year ago sir..

This wouldn't have happened if the kids were armed.

I know everyone is piling on Trump for the arm teachers comment but there is nothing wrong with that suggestion. You dont have to arm every single teacher.

It could be designated teachers, 5 or so per school, with training, psychological testing etc.

The people saying its the worst idea ever are just stupid. At the very least you can test it out and check the results

You've never taught before.

The people saying arm teachers have never taught a classroom of young students. This is like saying all zookeepers shouod wear meat clothing.

I don't have a problem with people owning guns or concealed carrying. But a school is an inherently unpredictable, emotional environment. You would have dead kids or dead teachers within a week of any such policy, and I'm not exaggerating.

And something like this never happens with cops or excops, right.

I prefer trained cops in all the schools with locked doors but this doesn't say armed teachers are prone to this.
I guess all Muslims are terrorists after all.

I'm actually on the fence with this issue. Having a select # of teachers in a school seems like it could help but I just refuse to accept the idea that more guns is the answer. That is my dilemma

I don't like guns as much as the next person, and I don't own one. The problem is the US is flooded with guns. If a student decides he wants to shoot up a school, and he doesn't go and open his mouth and reveal it to people ahead of time, there isn't really much anyone can do to stop him from executing the plan. You hire police for the school and hope that solves the problem. In this case it didn't solve the problem, and his presence alone wasn't enough to discourage an attack.

If one police officer on site isn't enough, what's the solution? More police officers would help but I don't know if that's a viable option financially with a nation 20+Trillion in debt. In the event of an attack, response is everything and the closest people to the shooter who are adults, are teachers, and this is why teachers could be the next logical step.

Maybe there is only so much you can do at this point in time. You have the gun dilemma which is just an insane issue, and there's no way to solve it. You have the right to bear arms, and at the same time this will inevitably lead to gun violence in a society where mental illness is everywhere, and the media is manipulating people's minds to form certain opinions, and pharmaceuticals are over-prescribed, etc. It's just a bad combination.

I'm actually in favor of raising the age limit of buying a gun to 21 as well.

I know everyone is piling on Trump for the arm teachers comment but there is nothing wrong with that suggestion. You dont have to arm every single teacher.

It could be designated teachers, 5 or so per school, with training, psychological testing etc.

The people saying its the worst idea ever are just stupid. At the very least you can test it out and check the results
There's plenty wrong with the suggestion. There's some place they were showing on TV where they were running civilians through a course and every one of them shot at least one civilian rather than /in addition to the bad guy.

There's plenty wrong with the suggestion. There's some place they were showing on TV where they were running civilians through a course and every one of them shot at least one civilian rather than /in addition to the bad guy.

They would need training, and I don't see a better solution.

Back