I'd say, as a music fan, hearing
Saucer, meddle, piper and umma
are all much more pivotal than
hearing a tame impala song.

Only reason I never listened to one
of their songs all the way through
is because they all sucked & I never
bothered to finish
Why do you continue to post when you never listened to a Tame Impala song? If I don't think the guy who listened to 5 songs of theirs has an opinion of enough merit to discuss, do you think that you, the guy who listened to zero songs, has an opinion i'll respect? lol

Mate, the fact your first post was this long thing basically about how TP suck, and now you've admitted to listening to zero of their songs, its remarkable how stupid you look.

I already told you man. To each their own, but if you want to formulate an opinion I can respect enough to converse with, than listen to their albums. For me, and i'd say the overwhelming majority of music hobbyists, an album is a completed piece of artwork. Listening to five songs is cool to gauge interest on if you want to give one or more of their albums a listen, but you look like a clown listening to five songs from a band and trying to act like you have an opinion that shouldn't be laughed off
I would have checked them out more but you've turned me off to this band completely.

I can only let you know I don't take your opinion seriously at all for it
I really don't give a shit.

I would have checked them out more but you've turned me off to this band completely.

I really don't give a shit.
I've turned you off of them because I can't take you seriously when you formulate opinions off of five songs and refer to other peoples opinions as to why despite that fact I should?

lol ok moving on......

Mate you joined here in 2004 so you have to be older than a teenager. Yet you are still of the frame of mind I need to abide by a majority opinion or else my opinion doesn't count? I've actually given all the music i'm discussing the time of day lol so I think i'll formulate my own thoughts rather thank you. You are looking more and more stupid by the post
Based on the comments in this thread, you would have had better luck saying Nickelback > Pink Floyd.

Based on the comments in this thread, you would have had better luck saying Nickelback > Pink Floyd.
This is twice now you've referred to other people's opinions. Are you just not comfortable enough with your level of intellect to take the time and effort to formulate your own? Am I supposed to be swayed away from my own thoughts cause of other's opinions?

Didn't you say you weren't going to give TP a chance? So then leave mate. Moving on......

This is twice now you've referred to other people's opinions. Are you just not comfortable enough with your level of intellect to take the time and effort to formulate your own? Am I supposed to be swayed away from my own thoughts cause of other's opinions?

Didn't you say you weren't going to give TP a chance? So then leave mate. Moving on......
You are so butthurt cuz people don't like your fav band.

Really? I don't even like Pink Floyd but Tame Impala are as their name would suggest TAME. Their version of psych has no edge to it and is filtered through so many stages it comes out like something designed for car commercials. Listen to like Neu or Faust for the peak of psych. Or like someone in this thread said Animal Collective whose first like 8 albums make anything Tame Impala have done look like child's play.

Youtube autoplay introduced me to Tame Impala just recently. I like.

Really? I don't even like Pink Floyd but Tame Impala are as their name would suggest TAME. Their version of psych has no edge to it and is filtered through so many stages it comes out like something designed for car commercials. Listen to like Neu or Faust for the peak of psych. Or like someone in this thread said Animal Collective whose first like 8 albums make anything Tame Impala have done look like child's play.
What do you mean by edge? As in its more mainstream sounding than other bands? Not sure why that would deflect from the fact the music is genius and KP's production is at the top of the music game, nevermind the subset of psych.

Animal Collective is dope as fuck though

No other band has an album like Currents. Mate, are you just a PF fanboy, or are you going to try to be rational?

Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger's Midnight Sun and of Montreal's Hissing Fauna are both better records, melodically, lyrically and orchestrally, than is Tame Impala's Currents.

Sorry to have to break it to you.

But I agree PF is overrated. Particularly the Syd era. Ridiculously overrated. I consider almost all of it virtually unlistenable.

Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger's Midnight Sun and of Montreal's Hissing Fauna are both better records, melodically, lyrically and orchestrally, than is Tame Impala's Currents.

Sorry to have to break it to you.

But I agree PF is overrated. Particularly the Syd era. Ridiculously overrated. I consider almost all of it virtually unlistenable.
Of Montreal <{RoseRun}>

Not even mad at that opinion. I'll check out the other band, never heard of them.

Heyyy at least someone else who agrees PF is over rated

My best friend has always been obsessed with The Beatles and can't understand how anyone on the planet thinks the Velvets are better. We've argued over it for years. I say Lou Reed brought a level of realism to music John Lennon couldn't have dreamed off on his best day.

Wait... By "realism" do you mean doltish, shit songcraft? :D

What do you mean by edge? As in its more mainstream sounding than other bands? Not sure why that would deflect from the fact the music is genius and KP's production is at the top of the music game, nevermind the subset of psych.

Animal Collective is dope as fuck though
Yes, it is more focused on pristine pop production (say that three times fast) than like heavy psych which is fine but if you're going to do that the melodies and song structure have to be interesting. Person Pitch is an example of psych pop that is also rewarding instead of just being anthemic.

Yes, it is more focused on pristine pop production (say that three times fast) than like heavy psych which is fine but if you're going to do that the melodies and song structure have to be interesting. Person Pitch is an example of psych pop that is also rewarding instead of just being anthemic.

I do love me some Tame Impala, but something like Person Pitch is definitely much more interesting.

Black Mountain is more like Pink Floyd, and better than Tame Impala imo.

I like the song Elephant a lot though

Well of course we're going to disagree on this when you don't think highly of Currents!!! Not only is Currents my personal favorite from them, it might be one of my all time personal favorite albums period.

You understand influence means nothing, right? If I don't like Nas, but like a modern rapper who was influenced by him, is there a point i'm missing to pointing out the influence? They are the same genre, different artists, but I genuinely feel there are people (not everyone) who would pick a band from that period of the genre simply for nostalgia. Music is the most objective shit there is, but Currents is the finest piece of art by far i've heard from any psych band i've ever listened to, and for me even Lonerism in a lot of ways was progressive for the sound. Currents creatively took this shit to a whole new level for me. I probably like Dark Side and the Wall as much as I like Innerspeaker though. Besides Alter Ego, which is the best beach song ever.

I think our big difference is Currents. It'll be hard to get on the same page when I love that album so fucking much. Also, I know it might seem i have a bias against older music, but its just cause from lurking so long it seems thats what a large majority are into. When music is one of my favorite hobbies, and on the forum I frequent the most by a large margin the majority have an opinion I hate hearing (older shit is the best), I might have come off a bit stand offish.

First of all, its bullshit whenever someone says "if x didn't come along then y never would have". You somehow know how music would have evolved over the past 50 years without Pink Floyd?

What did PF do better? You like their music better? Cool, but lets not act like they ARE better. Currents has musical composition just as good or greater than Pink Floyd's work. I'll give that album a download though. The little bit of Spiritualized i've heard in the past I really liked.

Also, just so you're aware since you only seem to think PF has these things going them, TP is one of the most unique bands with two of the most iconic albums of this generation already under their belt (two points you made about PF). If you don't think 2, possibly all 3 of TP's albums will go down as classics of this generation in time, you're wrong. And their sure as fuck is A LOT more music and access to it now than there was then, so I could even argue that makes it more special.

You've never even heard a Tame Impala song LMFAO

Taking retardation to the next level. Moving on......

Holy Shit!! is that you Fedora Bro??!! What up man!?
BIG FAN , BIG FAN.

This Troll thread make's this video you made look tame as fuck.
You always bring the cringe. Pretending to like Tame Impala, Your too much dood! You almost had me.

Holy Shit!! is that you Fedora Bro??!! What up man!?
BIG FAN , BIG FAN.

This Troll thread make's this video you made look tame as fuck.
You always bring the cringe. Pretending to like Tame Impala, Your too much dood! You almost had me.

Uhhhh.....ok....

Back