Tame Impala >>> Pink Floyd or any psychadelic rock band you can name

Saw them live in 2013. They are good, but let's not get carried away.

Though, i don't even like Pink Floyd so i am still giving a thumbs up.

Since my first thread in this section went so well, lets talk about how over rated and dated the 60s/70s psych rock of bands like Pink Floyd is, and how Tame Impala have evolutionized and surpassed those bands.

If you also want to discuss how Currents is one of the greatest albums ever, that is allowed
you're higher then bat pussy. I just tried listening to them and they sound more like a poppy new wave band then a psychadelic band like the jimi hendrix experience or cream. music like all things should evolve over time but if that shit is what psychadelic rock has evolved into it needs to be wiped out. Now Jack White and the Black Keys seem more like what it shoulda evolved into.

you're higher then bat pussy. I just tried listening to them and they sound more like a poppy new wave band then a psychadelic band like the jimi hendrix experience or cream. music like all things should evolve over time but if that shit is what psychadelic rock has evolved into it needs to be wiped out. Now Jack White and the Black Keys seem more like what it shoulda evolved into.

You understand that there are different kinds of psychedelic music surely? Hendrix and Cream is only one type. This is pysch too you know:

As far as Australian bands go they're no TISM.

You understand that there are different kinds of psychedelic music surely? Hendrix and Cream is only one type. This is pysch too you know:

seeing how it was mainly the beach boys and the beatles who kicked it off I know that the stuff the op was talking about just sounded more like tears for fear and Depeche Mode to me.

seeing how it was mainly the beach boys and the beatles who kicked it off I know that the stuff the op was talking about just sounded more like tears for fear and Depeche Mode to me.

What songs did you listen to? Currents is quite different...but Innerspeaker and Lonerism is definitely psychedelic music.

Back