Supplements are the biggest scam, anyone can get rich they dont work either

sexstack.jpg

You have to take this ad to that other fucking level of the game with some Fundies.
73900.jpg

I notice most people who knock supplements have never seen the insid of a gym before.

Yeah but Mick you're under the impression that supplements should be taken in place of somethitng

Supplements should be used as addition to a healthy diet.

For instance I eat lots of spinach for all essential vitamins but I also take a multi vitamin. Especially if you sweat a lot or piss a lot. I drink lots of water every day. I told u I'm like GSP, in shape all year
If your diet is healthy none of those supplements is really necessary (or even beneficial at all).

I understand why pro athletes (or competitive hobbyists) are obsessed and find it financially sensible to chase these small percentage points, but for the rest of us, it ends up being little more than a cash grab.
DHEA works.
No, it doesn't. Don't waste your money on that. Just find some Sustanon.

I don't care what anyone says. Supplements work. At least prework outs do. Jack3d in 2010 was absolutely insane. Felt like I was on cocaine. No ways it was placebo.

If your diet is healthy none of those supplements is really necessary (or even beneficial at all).

I understand why pro athletes (or competitive hobbyists) are obsessed and find it financially sensible to chase these small percentage points, but for the rest of us, it ends up being little more than a cash grab.

No, it doesn't. Don't waste your money on that. Just find some Sustanon.
Tell that to my professionally monitored testosterone level @ 45

I don't care what anyone says. Supplements work. At least prework outs do. Jack3d in 2010 was absolutely insane. Felt like I was on cocaine. No ways it was placebo.
That's because it wasn't. Ephedrine (and caffeine) isn't bullshit, and many of those pre-workout supplements were spiked with it, or with illegal amphetamines or other stimulants. Caffeine is the basis of almost all pre-workout supplements, now.
Tell that to my professionally monitored testosterone level @ 45
Sure, where is he?

So you're being treated for a testosterone shortage. K.

No I get tested regularly due to a thyroid issue.
Yes, I figured as much. I'm ahead of you, here. Not an accident.

The point of my comment was that I divined from the fact you are regularly being tested for testosterone levels at 45 to indicate that you had some sort of existing medical condition, so DHEA as a precursor will almost certainly effect your endocrine system and endogenous testosterone production differently than the normal, healthy individual without some hormonal issue.

If the truth had been otherwise, then you would have offered more context. For example, if you were a guy who just regularly got your testosterone checked, but not for a medical condition, then you would have mentioned how your testosterone was lower, then after reading about DHEA, and taking it, probably because you had concerns about steroids, your testosterone suddenly spiked to new levels. You didn't because it was a medical condition that brought you to the doctor in the first place. It's impressive what one can deduce-- at least with a high level of confidence-- from what isn't said if one is an engaged reader.

DHEA doesn't do shit for the average (especially young) male's T levels. You're prescribing them a supplement for a condition they do not share. For example, I live in California, so why the fuck would I take Vitamin D instead of just going outside?

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what supplements we're talking about and what the expectations are.

I worked with a guy who claimed whey protein didn't work for him because he didn't feel anything after he took it.

Stuff like vitamin D, magnesium and fish oil all have a lot of supporting data and are widely recommended for general health but you might not necessarily feel anything when you take them unless you are severely deficient.

I just stick to creatine. Seems to work fine.

I guess it depends on what supplements we're talking about and what the expectations are.

I worked with a guy who claimed whey protein didn't work for him because he didn't feel anything after he took it.

Stuff like vitamin D, magnesium and fish oil all have a lot of supporting data and are widely recommended for general health but you might not necessarily feel anything when you take them unless you are severely deficient.
A wonderful example of how, though everyone is entitled to an opinion, it doesn't make the opinion valid.

I think the health market in general is a scam
Yeah, the older I get, the more I witness the truth of this. It's why we're not getting healthier. I don't think the scientists are scamming us, but the people peddling the stuff they study sure do. I don't necessarily think it is malicious, but it just naturally arises due to the profit incentive.

For example, when "fitness clubs" and "health spas" across the nation have entire rooms or even quadrants of their buildings devoted to UV tanning booths...well, you realize that maybe they aren't making the bulk of their money off their services that actually makes people healthier.

I think it's hilarious that in supplement advertising they often have guys that are clearly on some kind of PED.

xtreme-nitro-620x350.jpg

{<redford}

I've been lifting for 9 years and I just don't understand why people don't do standing military presses for core and upper back. When I do them people look at me like I have a unicorn on my shoulder.

<bball1>

I guess they are considered dangerous. With correct form they are legit but alot of people tend to lean back, I used too.

In the 80s I once bought a supplement from GNC that said on the label "ingest 30 minutes before you are hungry" !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back