Student who stabbed boyfriend may avoid jail time because it would damage her career

I'll probably be in the minority, but I actually don't have a huge problem with this.

First offense, she's very young, she otherwise seems to be a good citizen, and it apparently happened while she was fucked out of her mind on controlled substances.

Yes, there should be a punishment, but probably not jail time. There are other ways to deal with this.
she admitted to a charge of unlawful wounding which carries charges a custodial sentence according to the law over there. why should she be spared any sentencing of jail time or something carrying that weight? if the boyfriend who had a drug use habit was drunk and in a drug fueled rage stabbed her, what do you think would happen?

i left out this excerpt from the op. 'However, defending QC James Sturman reportedly said Woodward was a drug addict and her dreams of becoming a surgeon were “almost impossible” as her conviction would have to be disclosed.'

im surprised that the defending qc labeled her a drug addict and the judge went on to spare her jail time. maybe she has already caused her brain to develop schizophrenia already and this was the first outburst of many to come?

i dunno, i just think the legal system needs to be more ummm black and white where no personal prejudices and emotions can play factors in deciding outcomes. but this is all up in the air with this case, her sentencing is later in september and could be handled by another judge.

I'll probably be in the minority, but I actually don't have a huge problem with this.

First offense, she's very young, she otherwise seems to be a good citizen, and it apparently happened while she was fucked out of her mind on controlled substances.

Yes, there should be a punishment, but probably not jail time. There are other ways to deal with this.
Phooey. You stab somebody, you need to spend some time in the clink.

Boyfriend should get to do anal once a week for a year. Fair deal, imo.

Just let him get fucked up on some drugs and stab her back.

No jail time, and maybe she would realize stabbing is bad. Because apparently despite her "bright future' she is retarded.

LOL. And the neurologist from Miami gets kicked out of her program for screaming at an uber driver and throwing out his precious vehicle documents out on the road. Bravo logic you win again.

Pussy pass for a Blonde white girl but none for a minority hahahaha

LOL. And the neurologist from Miami gets kicked out of her program for screaming at an uber driver and throwing out his precious vehicle documents out on the road. Bravo logic you win again.

Don't bring Florida into this.

she admitted to a charge of unlawful wounding which carries charges a custodial sentence according to the law over there. why should she be spared any sentencing of jail time or something carrying that weight? if the boyfriend who had a drug use habit was drunk and in a drug fueled rage stabbed her, what do you think would happen?

i left out this excerpt from the op. 'However, defending QC James Sturman reportedly said Woodward was a drug addict and her dreams of becoming a surgeon were “almost impossible” as her conviction would have to be disclosed.'

im surprised that the defending qc labeled her a drug addict and the judge went on to spare her jail time. maybe she has already caused her brain to develop schizophrenia already and this was the first outburst of many to come?

i dunno, i just think the legal system needs to be more ummm black and white where no personal prejudices and emotions can play factors in deciding outcomes. but this is all up in the air with this case, her sentencing is later in september and could be handled by another judge.

It's in my nature to think that the justice system should be rehabilitative in nature rather than punitive. And so, I believe the foremost question in any situation should be: How can we bring this person back up to par and restore them as a good citizen?

For some people, a lifetime in prison may be the answer. Some people just aren't fit to be among the public and they never will be. But for other people, things just went horribly wrong this one time and it will never happen again. For the latter, a softer touch may be appropriate.

I don't think it would be a good idea to get heart surgery from someone who takes drugs and abuses alcohol outside of her profession.

She might come to work one day hungover and dazed and perform an incision with a bread knife.
oooh boy, if you knew how med school students partied you'd never go to a doctor.

did she? Wheres the update on her situation?

oooh boy, if you knew how med school students partied you'd never go to a doctor.

Med students party like it was the last party on earth. Trust me, I was a med student.

It's in my nature to think that the justice system should be rehabilitative in nature rather than punitive. And so, I believe the foremost question in any situation should be: How can we bring this person back up to par and restore them as a good citizen?

For some people, a lifetime in prison may be the answer. Some people just aren't fit to be among the public and they never will be. But for other people, things just went horribly wrong this one time and it will never happen again. For the latter, a softer touch may be appropriate.
yeah but you got to take into mind the nature of what they did, and under the circumstances they did it...

really stabbing someone is really something you do with the intent to really hurt them, or kill, disregarding the state of mind you are in. and then taking in to account that this person is labeled a drug addict in defence to try downplay their doings or create sympathy for them is terrible.

its an interesting thing to deal with, especially the justice system. ive been through it myself, and had a criminal conviction and a 2 year good behaviour bond over turned because upon appealing severity of my case, the judge did feel that i was dealt with harshly and had room to improve and move on with my life. but i didnt stab someone in a drunken drug fueled rage. still i can relate to this girl very strongly because despite my first sentencing i was treated like this upon appeal, but i still dont see it justified given what she had done.

Just let him get fucked up on some drugs and stab her back.

No jail time, and maybe she would realize stabbing is bad. Because apparently despite her "bright future' she is retarded.
eye for an eye!

Exactly. I'll take the straighlaced Asian or Indian surgeon with the better work ethic than some average schmuck.

I mean, hell, I wouldn't trust my life to some dude who's liable to fuck up; I'd rather take the safer bet.

This piece of shit only got 3 weeks of home detention. And he can get out of the house for basketball practice and church.

Thats a legit slip, not a bodyslam.

Bunch of black 15 year olds beat in a white teen girls face with skateboards and tree branches in my neighborhood. They actually got home detention.

Exactly. I'll take the straighlaced Asian or Indian surgeon with the better work ethic than some average schmuck.

I mean, hell, I wouldn't trust my life to some dude who's liable to fuck up; I'd rather take the safer bet.
bruh, unless you mean Chang and Sanjeep straight from the motherland you oughtta know the American born Indians and Asians are drinking and drugging their way through med school too.

alan-the-andrea-doria-seinfeld.jpg

This him?

She looks insane to me (apart from knowing what she did, which is the concrete evidence that should matter most). I don't see why she "deserves" a career/position where she could very easily do a lot of damage to a lot of people. She can still get a job somewhere with those high marks (like Hannibal Lecter did as a celebrated psychologist from prison), and if not, she will still be taken care of (probably by any standard douche boyfriend)

The judge is obviously smitten with her, I hope they develop a friendly relationship of sorts where she can bring her terror back upon him for such revolting judgement on his part.

{<diva}

bruh, unless you mean Chang and Sanjeep straight from the motherland you oughtta know the American born Indians and Asians are drinking and drugging their way through med school too.

Yeah, I'll definitely favor the foreign doctors and surgeons who are more family-oriented and straightlaced than an American-born Asian or Indian.
I couldn't care about race. I'm more concerned about his/her culture and the way he/she was brought up in their youth. He could be African, Jewish, Russian, or Chinese - it doesn't matter as long as he does a fine damn job of repairing an ailment and ultimately saving his patients' lives.

Back