Student who stabbed boyfriend may avoid jail time because it would damage her career

I'm okay with this. I mean, looking at the photos, the girl is super hot. You don't lock that sort of thing in jail.

And she can operate on my heart anytime.

Not surprised at all.

Whores get free passes and a completely different set of rules in today's society because of the cucks who believe in the santa claus highschool state of mind bullshit and think they are above them simply because they have a vagina.

Judge was probably @koolinkunming 's father

You're a tool but this made me laugh.

So you get a like.

Kool will prolly find it funny too, though fyi - you merely amuse him with your outbursts.

You're a tool but this made me laugh.

So you get a like.

Kool will prolly find it funny too, though fyi - you merely amuse him with your outbursts.

I'm correct.

He amuses me with his 10th grade attitude on women. Is fine though. He can have fun catching his girl on a spitroast.

I don't care what they do. I still support this.
:hmph

/:<

tenor.gif

Meh, the judge is right on this one. A female heart surgeon is gotta be rarer than a talking squirrel.

It's in my nature to think that the justice system should be rehabilitative in nature rather than punitive. And so, I believe the foremost question in any situation should be: How can we bring this person back up to par and restore them as a good citizen?

For some people, a lifetime in prison may be the answer. Some people just aren't fit to be among the public and they never will be. But for other people, things just went horribly wrong this one time and it will never happen again. For the latter, a softer touch may be appropriate.

Good point and I agree with the sentiment. It always makes me laugh when people complain about the judicial systems of Nordic countries despite the fact that they work! Lowest re-offending rates in the world.

However I can also see the other posters point of view, would a working class male be treated in such a way if they stabbed someone in a 'drug fuled rage'? maybe maybe not. The way this is being portrayed in the (admittedly few) articles I have read is the hypocrisy of it all. I just did a search and 81% of women in U.K. Prisons are serving time for non violent offences.

If this judge is a advocate of prison reform and has a history of showing leniency then perhaps this is more understandable.

One things for sure it should be made mandatory for this girl to put 'once stabbed my boyfriend in a drug fuelled rage' on her tinder profile

I'm more interested in what people think about this part of the OP:

justice-in-Ameica-499x500.png

I've seen people come up with all sorts of weird ways of justifying it on Social media. Only thing I can see that has played a part in their different sentences, is that they are different coloured pieces of shit.

I believe in blind justice. I don't care what your talents are, what level of privilege you have, what color you are, what your gender is, or anything else. I believe in one standard applying equally and unforgivingly. Stab a person (unless self defense) = jail sentence. Period.

Not everyone should get the same sentence for the same crime. I'm not sure why people think that is the goal of the justice system. Aggravating and mitigating circumstances play a huge factor along with factoring in chance of recidivism.

Med students party like it was the last party on earth. Trust me, I was a med student.

lol... i slayed pharmacy, PT and OT students..

incidentally... that's how i met my wife when she was a medical student and i was an intern..

I would also like a free stabbing.

Women are sooooooooo oppressed yet they always get off easy in the criminal justice system. :rolleyes:

And wouldn't this story breaking affect her career prospects anyway? "Oh she's that chick who stabbed her boyfriend with a butter knife"

I'll probably be in the minority, but I actually don't have a huge problem with this.

First offense, she's very young, she otherwise seems to be a good citizen, and it apparently happened while she was fucked out of her mind on controlled substances.

Yes, there should be a punishment, but probably not jail time. There are other ways to deal with this.

Yes you are in the minority, because you're an idiot

Not everyone should get the same sentence for the same crime. I'm not sure why people think that is the goal of the justice system. Aggravating and mitigating circumstances play a huge factor along with factoring in chance of recidivism.

Yes, the smart chick should get a free pass to continue her career because she got *fucked up on drugs and stabbed a dude...ffs

Yes you are in the minority, because you're an idiot

He's actually one of the few that understands how things work. Have you ever seen a community corrections program report? They are calculating their chance of recidivism. Past criminal history, education, employment (or potential for it), family support system, etc. are all factors, as they should be. The entire point is to evaluate if keeping someone out of society is beneficial or not. There is no way you'd ever convince me, or any rational person, that everyone should be treated the same in that context. The law has never been very black and white either. Attorneys argue the grey area constantly.

Yes, the smart chick should get a free pass to continue her career because she got *fucked up on drugs and stabbed a dude...ffs

This isn't some new concept. Aggravating and mitigating circumstances are always taken into consideration with sentencing. Judges even get letters from citizens to try to persuade a more lenient sentence. Factors are always considered when sentencing the punishment.

Back